Author Topic: Big Ten Expansion  (Read 28172 times)

Re: Big Ten Expansion
« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2010, 08:57:16 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Could you imagine what the city of Chicago would be like if in the same weekend they had a Northwestern versus Michigan State Big 10 Championship game on a Saturday Night and Green Bay Packers versus Chicago Bears Sunday night game in a year where the Bears and packers were fighting for the division title late in the year?

WOW!!! I might fly out there to take that in. I love Chicago and the atmosphere in the city that weekend would be better than most Superbowls.
Northwestern?  Michigan State?  Big Ten Championship?  In football?
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: Big Ten Expansion
« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2010, 10:45:02 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Could you imagine what the city of Chicago would be like if in the same weekend they had a Northwestern versus Michigan State Big 10 Championship game on a Saturday Night and Green Bay Packers versus Chicago Bears Sunday night game in a year where the Bears and packers were fighting for the division title late in the year?

WOW!!! I might fly out there to take that in. I love Chicago and the atmosphere in the city that weekend would be better than most Superbowls.
Northwestern?  Michigan State?  Big Ten Championship?  In football?
Hey, it could happen. It might not happen next year but it could soon enough.

Northwestern tied for 1st in the Big 10 10 years ago and went to the Rose Bowl like 15 years ago. MSU won a couple of conference titles back in the 80's.

It's not unheard of.