Author Topic: Marvin Bagley’s Dad demands trade of son  (Read 5381 times)

Re: Marvin Bagley’s Dad demands trade of son
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2021, 12:51:29 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I may have just lost my fantasy league simply by drafting Whiteside in the 5th round and trying to weather the DNP-CD’s with no end in sight.

So I hope this leads to a trade for the sake of my fantasy team.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2021, 02:59:45 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ychf5u2j

How about this trade idea

To Kings: Theis, Smart,  1st round pick, 2nd round pick
To Celtics: Bagley Jr. , Jabari Parker
What in the world? Why on earth would the Cs do that? Not sure how this makes the Cs better.

Tired of Smart hero ball nonsense shooting

It doesnt look like it will ever change

He could help the Kings, in terms of leadership/defense aspect

Bagley Jr. and Timelord could be a dynamite front court of the future
He's been shooting 44.1% from 3 on 5.7 attempts per game with most of them being clean looks...how is this hero ball? Yes his 2 point field goal percentage sucks, but he's having an uncharacteristically poor season at the rim/in the short-midrange so far.

You serious? Its the same story with him

That 3 with less than a min..look at Tatum/Brown reaction

Also last year in the playoffs vs Heat

Stop taking those hard 3s!  Smart rarely makes it but he still takes it regulary

Its maddening

Btw he hasnt shot over 40 percent ( FG percentage) in 4 to 5 years. Only once a few years ago. Not a fan
That was a clean look which was close to going in? I would be p---ed if Smart turned that down to let Tatum shoot a heavily contested stepback three.

He explicitly stated that he'd clean up his shot selection at the start of this season, what happened against the Heat is irrelevant when he's doing what he said.

Raw FG% is crap at evaluating scoring efficiency but yeah he isn't an efficient scorer at all, but his shot selection has improved a ton and he would be posting respectable scoring efficiency numbers if only he wasn't unable to throw the ball in an ocean inside the three point line this season (go look at his FG% inside the 3 point line this year - they've been uncharacteristically bad so far).
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 06:25:48 AM by Somebody »
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2021, 03:58:45 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
(click on image to enlarge)

Personally speaking, I wouldn't do it cause I believe Bagley is a bust. If the Kings swapped Bagley for Haliburton, I'd be willing to consider it. But that's just me.

Why for the Kings
Randle is a rich man's Bagley (at least right now). Barnes is overpaid.

Why for the Knicks
They get a star in Kemba. Hopefully (on their part), he'll help them attract more stars via free agency.

Why for the Celtics
It appears that Kemba has osteoarthritis in his left knee, which is a degenerative joint disease. If so, he'll never be 100% healthy. From what I read, it's a ''disease that worsens over time, often resulting in chronic pain''. The cartilage around the meniscus in his knee is wearing thin.

Kemba is an undersized explosive guard. He relies on athleticism in order to beat his opponent 1-on-1. It's possible that he'll never return to his old self.

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2021, 04:52:22 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
I’d have a lot of interest in Bagley as a potential buy-low candidate.  He’s stagnating in Sacramento, but I have faith that the Celtics would be a much better environment for development than the Kings.  ...As would nearly any other franchise.

He shouldn’t have been picked before Luka, but that’s not his fault.  He’s young and I believe there’s still a lot of talent to unlock there, and I’ve never gotten the sense that effort is an issue with him.  Health might be somewhat of a concern... I’m always wary of foot problems in big men.  But if he’s healthy and the Kings want to move him, I’d hope that we would ask around.

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2021, 07:49:09 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Luke Walton is a terrible coach and the Kings are a terrible franchise.  I mean they had a good coach in there, had a rising season, and let the coach go because he you know actually wanted to coach and pushed back on the GM who wanted all the power.  The GM, of course, has since been fired after hiring the worst coach in the NBA.  I say again, Luke Walton is a terrible coach.  He has no idea what he is doing.  I can't put any stock in any player on the Kings because they have a horrid coach. 

So it comes down to whether or not I think Bagley has the talent and potential to be a solid player in the league, and in that I do.  There is a reason he was a top 2 pick.  He has talent.  And I also don't think it is a coincidence that his best season was his rookie season when he had competent coaching.  Yep, his rookie year when he was 19 he was at his best.  Sometimes that is on the player, but most of the time it is on the organization. 

As for a trade, I'd give like three 1st round picks and fit him into the TPE.  Or I'd do something like Theis and Langford for Bagley.  Probably throw in a 1st in that one.  I think he could be great here.

These are my thoughts exactly. I think having a great scorer and finisher inside (not just a lob threat like Rob) would open things up a lot for the Js. I think you have about the right the value for him too. It's possible the Kings would, due to his lack of production for over a season and trade demand, undervalue him. In that case, I think Theis and a first might be enough to get it done.

He's no bust. He will have a long career in the NBA. He just needs some good coaching and someone to put him in a position to succeed.

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2021, 07:53:16 AM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52

What in the world? Why on earth would the Cs do that? Not sure how this makes the Cs better.

He's been shooting 44.1% from 3 on 5.7 attempts per game with most of them being clean looks...how is this hero ball? Yes his 2 point field goal percentage sucks, but he's having an uncharacteristically poor season at the rim/in the short-midrange so far.

Stop taking those hard 3s!  Smart rarely makes it but he still takes it regulary

Its maddening

Btw he hasnt shot over 40 percent ( FG percentage) in 4 to 5 years. Only once a few years ago. Not a fan

Perhaps a coach that holds plyers accountable.
'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2021, 08:08:41 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Its maddening

So because you do not like Smart Cs should sell the farm to get rid of him for who again? Jabari Parker and Bagley? that is a bad trade

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2021, 08:32:20 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Had foot issues? I’m always caution with a player with feet problems
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2021, 11:23:14 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Personally speaking, I wouldn't do it cause I believe Bagley is a bust. If the Kings swapped Bagley for Haliburton, I'd be willing to consider it. But that's just me.

Why for the Kings

Why for the Knicks
They get a star in Kemba. Hopefully (on their part), he'll help them attract more stars via free agency.

Why for the Celtics
It appears that Kemba has osteoarthritis in his left knee, which is a degenerative joint disease. If so, he'll never be 100% healthy. From what I read, it's a ''disease that worsens over time, often resulting in chronic pain''. The cartilage around the meniscus in his knee is wearing thin.

Kemba is an undersized explosive guard. He relies on athleticism in order to beat his opponent 1-on-1. It's possible that he'll never return to his old self.

Kenna has a bum knee and no trade value. Get real.

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2021, 12:19:48 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

Why for the Kings

Why for the Knicks

Why for the Celtics

Kenna has a bum knee and no trade value. Get real.
Sacramento also has Fox and Hield signed to long term deals and just drafted Halliburton as well. Not sure why they would even want Kemba.

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2021, 01:01:19 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Its maddening

So because you do not like Smart Cs should sell the farm to get rid of him for who again? Jabari Parker and Bagley? that is a bad trade

Parker would be a throw in/salary match.  He is still injured. But good chance he can help off the bench once healthy

Bagley has been good/good ceiling.  Double double big man that can hit the 3s. Pass the ball. Drive to the hoop. Etc.

Smart is an inefficient offensive player. But still takes shots like he is one of the stars.   Also what is his future with the Celts after next season? 

I predict him/agent request 18-20 plus million per season.  Could walk for nothing. Ainge cant let that happen again