Author Topic: NFL 2020 Season  (Read 70503 times)

Re: NFL 2020 Season
« Reply #480 on: January 17, 2021, 09:05:38 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Lamar Jackson the second-coming of Joe Flacco? Get paid big, and then suck each year and get injured.
Lamar Jackson threw for nearly 3000 yards, 26 touchdowns, and ran for 1000 with 7 TDs this season. How exactly do you define “sucking each year”?

If you don’t win a championship, you must be “sucking each year”  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #481 on: January 17, 2021, 09:40:09 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Bucs up 10 with less than 5 minutes to go. I'd love me another embarrassing loss for the Aints to end Drew Brees career.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #482 on: January 17, 2021, 09:55:23 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Brady legend continues

Brady > Belichick

Cant believe Belichick makes 25 million per season. And has hired family members left and right. While penny pinching when dealing with FAs

« Reply #483 on: January 17, 2021, 10:01:16 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Aaron Rodgers, welcome to the Tom Brady Invitationals...the Conference Championship!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #484 on: January 17, 2021, 10:10:18 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Brees definitely looks washed.  Brady has surprised me with the length of this string of great games.  I knew he was certainly capable of having great games, but he has been on quite the string and I didn't think he had that in him at this point of his career. 

Two great games in the conference championship.

Early predictions, I'm going with the home teams

Packers over Bucs 27-24
Chiefs over Bills 35-27
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #485 on: January 17, 2021, 10:13:20 PM »

Offline Celtics Mike

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 237
Brady legend continues

Brady > Belichick

Cant believe Belichick makes 25 million per season. And has hired family members left and right. While penny pinching when dealing with FAs

Brady is the undisputed GOAT

« Reply #486 on: January 17, 2021, 10:15:24 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2955
  • On To Banner 18!
Sad to say, but yeah Brees just looked done. And I think it has more to do with the injuries. Troy Aikman mentioned it in the broadcast and it makes sense. Brees didn't throw the ball past 20 yards much tonight. The one time the Saints had a big pass play, it was with Winston throwing it on a trick play. Last week, I think they had Taysom Hill come in to attempt a deep pass as well. I think we all knew Brees wasn't 100% but he may not have been 80% even.

So yeah, I'm not surprised Brees may retire after this season which is what Glazer and others reported before the game. He's had an exceptional career and is a future HOF, but I think with the injuries and wear-and-tear it's the right call to retire. Gave it his all. A shame he couldn't play in the SB two years ago due to that BS no-call by the refs.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #487 on: January 17, 2021, 10:23:06 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Sad to say, but yeah Brees just looked done. And I think it has more to do with the injuries. Troy Aikman mentioned it in the broadcast and it makes sense. Brees didn't throw the ball past 20 yards much tonight. The one time the Saints had a big pass play, it was with Winston throwing it on a trick play. Last week, I think they had Taysom Hill come in to attempt a deep pass as well. I think we all knew Brees wasn't 100% but he may not have been 80% even.

So yeah, I'm not surprised Brees may retire after this season which is what Glazer and others reported before the game. He's had an exceptional career and is a future HOF, but I think with the injuries and wear-and-tear it's the right call to retire. Gave it his all. A shame he couldn't play in the SB two years ago due to that BS no-call by the refs.

4th quarter intensity was too much for him.  That and also miscommunication with his receivers that led to all of those interceptions

Brees did win that one 2009 superbowl. And has had a storied regular season career. But not a QB I would consider clutch

« Reply #488 on: January 17, 2021, 10:23:56 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Brees definitely looks washed.  Brady has surprised me with the length of this string of great games.  I knew he was certainly capable of having great games, but he has been on quite the string and I didn't think he had that in him at this point of his career. 

Packers over Bucs 27-24
Chiefs over Bills 35-27

I'll take 28-24 Bucs
24-19 Bills

Underdogs going to the Superbowl.

« Reply #489 on: January 17, 2021, 10:25:19 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Brady legend continues

Brady > Belichick

Brady is the undisputed GOAT

really is

Even if he sucks in the 1st half.  He keeps studying the tablet.  2nd half the team plays with much more purpose

« Reply #490 on: January 17, 2021, 10:27:24 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Packers over Bucs 27-24
Chiefs over Bills 35-27

I'll take 28-24 Bucs
24-19 Bills

Underdogs going to the Superbowl.

I will take Bucs over Packers  by 10 and  Bills vs Chiefs is an unknown unless the world finds out what will happen to Mahomes

Bills are going to go hard after him to  bother his concussion/mentality .....  IF he doesn't play, Bills should win

« Reply #491 on: January 17, 2021, 10:28:13 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Is Brady getting #7 this year ? Are New England fans rooting for Brady ?

« Reply #492 on: January 17, 2021, 10:32:02 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
This Brady season may go down as one of the most amazing performances by a NFL player ever. The guy is 43 and threw for 4633 yds, 40 TDs, with just 12 INTs, only 21 sacks while rushing for 3TDs. And in two playoff wins he has thrown for 580 yds and 4TDs while rushing for another TD

Those are numbers Hall of Famers would love to have in their prime. Brady is doing it at 43 in his 21st year having already played over 325 games(regular season and playoffs combined) before coming to Tampa.

We will probably never see anything like this ever again.

« Reply #493 on: January 17, 2021, 10:34:14 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Is Brady getting #7 this year ? Are New England fans rooting for Brady ?

Of the Final 4, it makes absolute sense to root for Brady here if you a New England fan lol.

KC - Nobody could stand their insufferable fanbase and Patrick Mahomes and that domestic abusing thug Tyreek Hill
Buffalo - Division rival
Green Bay - Aaron Rodgers "the other GOAT" (or so the media people say) is annoying and so are the cheeseheads.

« Reply #494 on: January 17, 2021, 10:43:08 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Wanna hear something mind blowing? Brady just tied Brees for playoff games won against NFC opponents, at 8 games...

That's freaking nuts. Is it premature to say the Brady is football's Wayne Gretzky? 
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum