Author Topic: This needs to be said.  (Read 10272 times)

Re: This needs to be said.
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2012, 11:45:32 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Most f the negativity is probably frustration just getting out. But believe me most of these negative fans know in their hearts that Boston can still do this in Miami. Right now though, the way game 6 went, there is a very high amount of frustration leading to doubts. Give it a day, they get back.

Trust me. As soon as the sme ended I said I don't think we can win Game 7. Took me an hour to bent frustration out and come to my senses and statue to be believe, even though it's a very daunting task.

I'm talking about some fans. There are some though, who are just ALWAYS negative from the start. I have nothing to say to those people.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2012, 11:47:57 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
Yeah sometimes the negativity is a bit too much for me. But tonight was brutal and I'm more understanding when it's a highly anticipated playoff game like this one. The (tarnished) silver lining of this loss is that the apocalypse is no longer upon us. ESPN is back to being squeeeing Heat fangurls so we can leave the twilight zone and go back to playing winning basketball.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 11:55:02 PM by twinbree »
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2012, 11:51:20 PM »

Offline JoT

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
I will admit my doubts that I stated, but when I heard about the fans chanting even while down in a blow out I felt horrible.
No matter what happens I appreciate them putting up such an amazing run this year.

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2012, 11:51:59 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Yes, the Heat have taken control of this game. Yes, it's over at this point. But something seriously needs to be said.

Some of you are the most negative people I've ever communicated with. In the 2nd quarter, some of you were saying the series is over. Some of you aren't even acting like there's any chance of winning game 7.

We've seen what this team can do. We've overcome hardships all season and throughout the playoffs. I NEVER STOPPED BELIEVING IN MY TEAM. From growing up in the 90's yes, I've seen us suck, really bad. But never have I ever counted them out, EVER. The fact that some of you believe there's 0% chance of us winning a game 7 makes me sick. Have some dang pride.. A true Celtic fan wouldn't give up on their team.. Pathetic...

I disagree...I think when fans comment like that, they are just using it as a way to vent their frustration...I suspect most also believe in this team - but in the heat of the game they let their emotions talk,they are just so passionate that sometimes its difficult to take when the team is down.

Exactly - the underlined part.

As much as I don't like the negativity, what you stated (and I underlined), is why some fans are negative - this is their only way to vent their frustrations.

For me, I've stopped commenting in the game threads - win or lose - becuase of the sometimes negativity. But that is my choice.

I really do think some of the negativity is just Trolls, but there is no way to really prove that, and I guess we all have to respect those that tend to tilt more to the negative side - as hard as that may be.

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2012, 12:00:48 AM »

Offline Mizzy21390

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 16
It does get annoying seeing/reading all those negative comments about the team being done, or that this is the Big Three's last game in Boston. Since when were there psychics around?

BUT in defense of those fans, for a FEW I have a feeling some of them say things like this to reverse jinx the situation, or to set the bar very low, (saying the C's are done) so that just incase that happens, it doesn't hurt as much as setting the bar high, (saying the C's will definitely win it because they have their backs against the wall) and then being disappointed when/if they lose.

Its a mind game sometimes.. But I guess for me, I wouldn't spend time on the computer projecting those negative feelings to other fans who may have faith that their team can do it. :)
Yeeeaaaa!!!

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2012, 12:08:00 AM »

Offline RajonRondo9Dime

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 9
Learn knee jerk reactions.

Learn angry sports fans.

Learn human nature, especially angry sports fans, lol

Come on, OP. This is how sports work. It's called venting

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2012, 12:23:09 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Five Stages Of Grief
1. Denial and Isolation.
2. Anger.
3. Bargaining.
4. Depression.
5. Acceptance.<---Me & "negative commentators"

Stating the obvious isn't being negative. Some of us saw this coming from a mile away. It was typical C's  performance that we've become accustomed not being able to closeout teams. 11-14 in closeout situations in big3 era. Coupled with Lebron James being due for legendary performance. The writing was on the wall. Acknowledge it and move on.

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2012, 01:07:35 AM »

Offline 17wasEZ

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 39
Reverse jinx doesn't work, my friends...

They're headed for an elimination game FOR BOTH TEAMS. We don't know if any of our players' injuries has gotten worse, but if not, this team is 100% capable of beating the Hype, the Heat, the refs, ESPN and Stern. They only need to play, unlike tonight.

Everything went LeBron's way, so he's capable of doing a lot of things, and tonight he shot lights off. But the rest of the Miami team weren't at that level. The Celtics can expect more Heatles contributing on Saturday, so they need to play smart ball and take care of the ball.

Tonight's game was a big disappointment, and it can't be repeated on Saturday.

Go Celtics!!!

I just hope Lebron hits his 1st jump shot of the game and his teammates go into cruise control like they did tonight.  They hit a few shots, but none of them got into a rhythm.  If they get caught looking for Lebron to go into hero mode, the C's might have a decent shot.
We all think we know more than we really do....

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2012, 03:08:34 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Reverse jinx doesn't work, my friends...

Lol... eternal optimism doesn't work either, my friends.  In fact, nothing any of us say here is really going to have any impact whatsoever on the outcome of any of these games.  I sincerely doubt Rondo keeps tabs on this forum, sees me pointing out his flaws and gets rattled before a big game.  

That said, I like to lace my posts with a certain narcissistic, egocentric exaggerated pessimistic flair... partially because I find it highly entertaining to debate with my fellow Celtic fans.. partially because I have valid points... partially because taking the low road, distancing myself from the games a bit and keeping expectations low leaves very little room for disappointment... and partially because following a sports team isn't good for my mental health, watching these games literally is taking hours off my life and I need an outlet to vent my inner turmoil.  

If anyone happens to be referencing my posts in particular... I just want to mention that I frequently admit to my blatant reverse-jinxing, point out that nobody should take me seriously... and admit to being a total grade-A idiot.  It's a certain fan mentality.  Not everyone has it.  My father is the polar opposite... he finds it easier to always expect the best.  I can't do that.  

If you check out my post in this "Avery Bradley is the next Westbrook" thread, I pretty much admitted the poorly kept "secret" of my "negativity" and explained (how I see) the differences in fan mentality:  http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=55322.msg1191913#msg1191913

That said, last night was a good example of that behavior (from my perspective).  I almost felt obligated to post a negative "we're doomed" post prior to the game, because I had done the exact same thing before games 3, 4 and 5 and we ended up winning.  I didn't want to break the streak.  Still... take a look at what I wrote:

Got a feeling the Heat are going to take this one easily.  Bosh was pretty [dang] effective in those 12 minutes (9 points and 7 rebounds) and extended time will be a blessing for them.  No way does Miami drop 4 in a row to Boston.  Keep in mind they still have the best player alive (King James) and arguably the 2nd best player on the court (though KG and Rondo have seemingly outplayed Wade so far).  When you have that kind of talent... forget it.  LeBron has yet to have a "LeBron" game where he goes off with like... 45 points, 15 assists and 15 rebounds.  He's due.  That entire team is due.  I don't think we stand a chance in this game... total massacre.  Then when it goes back to Miami for game 7... forget it.  Series over in a landslide Heat victory.  Thrilled that Boston pushed them to 7, but this is still Miami's series until otherwise noted.

Keep in mind that in 2009 we managed to choke a 3-2 lead against Orlando... and in 2010 we managed to choke a 3-2 lead against the Lakers in the finals.  This will not be any different.  On the bright side, we'll avoid the embarrassment of being swept by the Thunder in the next round.  

Hat's off to Boston for the good job and good effort, though.  Hope I'm wrong.

Nothing I said was really "wrong".  I almost exactly predicted LeBron's stat line.  Am I happy that I was right?  Of course not.  Is that kind of negativity annoying ?  I'm sure to some people it is.  Personally I find the "I'm disgusted with what I just saw... What a total dreadful effort and embarrassment from the Celtics!!" post-game posts to be equally annoying... and those seem to come from having unrealistic expectations.  Personally I find the "Avery Bradley is the next Russell Westbrook" threads to be equally annoying.  Personally I find the, "Boston got this... we're up 3-2... LOL@MIAMI" posts to be equally annoying.  To each their own.  Having differing personalities is part of what makes this forum so fun.

Truthfully, I desperately wanted Boston to win last night, thought we had a chance, but pretty much expected LeBron to have a LeBron game.  When Game 7 comes, I'll desperately want us to win that one as well... I'm sure we have a chance... but I honestly expect us to go down swinging.  Game 6 wasn't a surprise.  It shouldn't be a surprise when the Heat beat us again in Miami.  Bron was due.  Wade is even more due.  Is what it is.  We're the unquestionable underdogs in this series... when the wheels started coming off early tonight, I think it was fair to point it out.  Saturday will likely be another easy Heat victory.  Once again, I hope I'm wrong.  

Go Celtics.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 03:37:24 AM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2012, 03:25:08 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
you are allowed to call a spade a spade. and boston was soundly beaten from the tip tonight. I think most of us expected them to come out and play much better than this tonight.

But to COMPLETELY count them out in a game 7 is just terrible. This team can pull it out

anything can happen..but the odds are stacked against them
I give them the slight edge because homecourt, but its up for grabs we can stun them it sure as hell is not going to be a blowout and we are not going to just roll over. Rondo could very well have a night like LeBron did today in their building. They will be ready for payback if any team is strong enough to bounce back it's us.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2012, 03:41:27 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
BTW... Boston seems to play a HELL OF A LOT better when they are under the assumption that "NOBODY BELIEVES IN US"... so in a way, the constant pessimism on this forum by some posters is a fantastic show of support for a team that constantly needs extra motivation. Lol.