Author Topic: Lucky 17's Celtics Blog Points League 2018/19 Offseason  (Read 56474 times)

Re: Lucky 17's Points League 2018/19 Offseason
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2018, 04:35:32 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
What's the deal Eja? Any word on when we are planning on having the draft?
#1.  The first person that suggests we move to Reddit ends up with a horse head in their bed.  Let's just get that outta the way.

#2.  I actually did send Yennie a message on this just yesterday and I was surprised he didn't get back to me so I'll try again.

Don't expect anything till the week after Labor Day absolute earliest.  That would be Warp Factor 10 so that seems unlikely to impossible.

But perhaps the annual gathering of the GMs can begin

« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2018, 05:16:25 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
Hate Reddit...i already got my roster set for season opener and cutdown day is oct 5th in H2h league..i just going wait till all roster is set in h2h league and make moves when yahoo open up
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2018, 07:10:56 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
What's the deal Eja? Any word on when we are planning on having the draft?
#1.  The first person that suggests we move to Reddit ends up with a horse head in their bed.  Let's just get that outta the way.

#2.  I actually did send Yennie a message on this just yesterday and I was surprised he didn't get back to me so I'll try again.

Don't expect anything till the week after Labor Day absolute earliest.  That would be Warp Factor 10 so that seems unlikely to impossible.

Sounds good. Yeah, let's get everyone to check in and see if we need any replacement GMs and get organized for the move, wherever it may be.

« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2018, 07:59:01 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Hey guys, so I'm going to provide more details soon in the main thread about this, but the move to a new site is coming together and should happen relatively soon in September. Most of the major pieces are done, but there are a lot of small things to address for a smooth transition.

Definitely plan to have a relocated site before real games begin, it will be the same forum with accounts, history etc intact and also trying to fix some things that have been broken (emails, registration system, connection issues etc). We have a few ideas that I think will enhance the community, but nothing radical as the 1st and 2nd priorities are preserving what we have for everyone to continue to enjoy.

In short, please stick around =).

« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2018, 08:53:12 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
Hey guys, so I'm going to provide more details soon in the main thread about this, but the move to a new site is coming together and should happen relatively soon in September. Most of the major pieces are done, but there are a lot of small things to address for a smooth transition.

Definitely plan to have a relocated site before real games begin, it will be the same forum with accounts, history etc intact and also trying to fix some things that have been broken (emails, registration system, connection issues etc). We have a few ideas that I think will enhance the community, but nothing radical as the 1st and 2nd priorities are preserving what we have for everyone to continue to enjoy.

In short, please stick around =).

That sounds awesome, particularly as I refuse to open a Facebook or Myspace account or anything of that sort.

« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2018, 09:40:59 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all

I'm back in for another season.

----

Also I hold the #2 pick in the rookie draft and am quite willing to package it (a) for a young veteran or (b) to move down a few spots and get picks or players
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 10:32:34 PM by Gainesville Celtic »
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2018, 11:43:14 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
I dislike Reddit,  FB is super easy and links to all social media platforms fairly easy.  Even stores passwords.     But I'm also just cool waiting for Yahoo to open up live.   I'll just hold off on trade talks until we figure it out.   Funny that people are so stubborn of Facebook.  It is so easy to use......    I guess getting people on FB around here is like trying to convert their political view.  NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.   LOL
Diggles

« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2018, 02:29:52 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
I will not be signing up for Facebook for this league.

« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2018, 02:35:24 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
I dislike Reddit,  FB is super easy and links to all social media platforms fairly easy.  Even stores passwords.     But I'm also just cool waiting for Yahoo to open up live.   I'll just hold off on trade talks until we figure it out.   Funny that people are so stubborn of Facebook.  It is so easy to use......    I guess getting people on FB around here is like trying to convert their political view.  NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.   LOL

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #84 on: August 29, 2018, 04:26:04 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
Reddit gives me a headache 😒...i went ahead and lock my lineup in H2h  league..i just wait till season start to make moves
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #85 on: August 29, 2018, 09:49:37 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Mk
Yup. I am definitely Lebron in that gif

« Reply #86 on: September 03, 2018, 09:22:58 AM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
I will be back for another season, just not very active on here at the moment. If plans for the new website have not been established yet, I would suggest using a discord server for communication. You can install the app on your phone or even download a program on your pc, it's super easy to use and there is no spam or anything of the sort

« Reply #87 on: September 04, 2018, 03:05:04 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
LOL    No Facebook, no Nike and no trades.   
Diggles

« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2018, 08:52:15 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I just reopened the league on yahoo. You all should have gotten an email. Let me know if there are any questions. I'd like to hear from everyone. As of the moment I think the draft date can stay similar to what we usually do

« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2018, 12:26:33 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
I just reopened the league on yahoo. You all should have gotten an email. Let me know if there are any questions. I'd like to hear from everyone. As of the moment I think the draft date can stay similar to what we usually do

Draft was Sept. 17 last year. Is that roughly what you're shooting for draft wise?
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!