Author Topic: Draft Toney Douglas  (Read 2033 times)

Draft Toney Douglas
« on: May 22, 2009, 10:30:49 PM »

Offline scottdalot32

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 14
I know we need a backup SF and C as well(Possibly PF if Big Baby leaves), but I believe we can do that through either trade or via free agency...

However, as far as Rondo's backup, I would love the Celtics to try and trade up earlier in the 2nd Round for Toney Douglas... Draftexpress.com has him going 6th in the 2nd round so we would obviously have to move up a bit, but I don't think it will cost us too much to do that...

I am a bit biased cause I went to FSU, and have seen the kid play the last 3 years, but he would be perfect and probably has a similar game to Marbury, but would cost cheaper and you would get younger, with possibly getting the same in return as of now, and even more in the future...

He transferred from Auburn so he could play the Point at FSU, and is a pure scorer that can attack the rim, shoot, and create (although that didn't lead to many assists at FSU)... Also a great defender both on and off the ball(mostly off the ball though, leading to a lot of steals off passes etc..)

You will be able to use him exactly like they did Marbury because they can play him at the point to rest Rondo, or move him to the 2 to rest ray ray...