Author Topic: Abdel Nader (merged threads)  (Read 86020 times)

Re: nader scores 29 then 25
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2017, 01:02:54 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
jackson to me doesn't have any wiggle to his game almost like he is restricted by his muscle tone-incredible lift and good shooter------

next week there is a d league showcase in canada each team will play twice for the scouts and nba organizations as well as fans who have found event-it is outside of montreal-some of games a nba tv but i think red claws through facebook will show them live and on tape-

« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2017, 01:47:37 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I'm one of " Naders Raiders"

Free the kid

« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2017, 02:04:10 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Rollie, at best Nader becomes a rotational bench guy. I love the optimism, but these weekly Nader D-League hype threads are a bit much. For example, Mickey has career averages of 17.3 PPG, 10.1 RPG, and 4.1 BPG there. How's that translating?

« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2017, 02:40:41 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
nader is not undersized for his position like mickey -mickey beasted as a shot blocker and played with rozier most of season-nader had a run in ncaa's ,then portmouth tournament all star and finished off  summer league as as a revelation-i went back and traced some of his tryouts and they loved his touch as he killed the shooting drills-
nader outplayed mickey in this years summer league and some people thought  he outplayed everybody but rozier
why should i stop expressing facts and my opinion from watching all his full games and after having watched young for two years and rj -who stunk up the d league
-nader recently scored 9 points but only played a few minutes and missed his next gamebut came back and scored 29
he also had a shoulder strain that had him miss some games but he has continually scored in the high 20's/low 30's
i prefer writing reading this, than" trade that one,trade this one" and all the rumors and games other posters play-
i put in the time have gone back and tracked the kid-he wasn't fazed  by speed at summer league
and was considered by some to outplayed all but rozier--this is a celtic board and he is a celtic draftee
,even as good bench player taken last  that-is a triumph

« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2017, 03:41:35 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Rollie, at best Nader becomes a rotational bench guy. I love the optimism, but these weekly Nader D-League hype threads are a bit much. For example, Mickey has career averages of 17.3 PPG, 10.1 RPG, and 4.1 BPG there. How's that translating?
Bit much for what?  I enjoy Rollie's posts about Nader, he is an intriguing prospect. Feel free to move on if the topic is not of interest.

« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2017, 04:26:56 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Any wing with rotation potential is a good asset.
Who knows, maybe he is the one.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

abdel nader-d league first team all showcase
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2017, 03:35:51 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
makes d league first team all showcase avg 26 points,5.5 rebounds,6.5 ast 49%fg 50% of threes
there were 22 teams playing 22games over 5 days in front of scouts and members of nba teams along with international scouts
jalen jones got honorable mention

just reporting  not promoting
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 05:25:38 AM by rollie mass »

Re: abdel nader-d league first team all showcase
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2017, 05:57:51 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
nader has made continual progress starting at tail end of college into ncaa's, then all portmouth tournament team only 69 invitees
,pre draft try outs then summer league,
 now a d league top 9  player and d league all showcase first team- he is shooting 40% from three d league and shot 50% from three in tournament
nader has an almost ambidextorus ability at rim that can't be taught along with a elite 7-1.5 wingspan that allows him to get his shots off against bigger players and a 30 inch standing jump

he is no rj hunter or james young in my opinion
-he is versatile as shooting guard or small forward and i think he will make the celtics roster next season and play better up in a more limited role
what do you guys think

« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2017, 06:58:30 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I think if this preseason was an open tryout i.e. No contracts involved Nader would have beat out Hunter and Young. 

« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2017, 07:55:03 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
rollie, thanks for keeping us informed about Nader.  I am cautiously optimistic, but we've been burned so many times by guys looking good in D-league or International leagues, so I don't want to get my hopes up.

That said, I really like his ability to use both hands and his superior length.  Those are natural gifts that will always give him the edge.

Among our young prospects, he could be the best overall and should make the team next year.  IMO, D-Jax looks like "IT-lite", Yabusele has more to prove than just dominating Chinese league and Zizic appears to be a throwback big with little game outside the paint.

« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2017, 08:52:18 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Thanks rollie!

It would be nice...but man, the odds are against him.

Let's all pull for him!!

« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2017, 03:22:20 PM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
I think that Nader is between the 8-10 best player in the Celtic organization RIGHT NOW!  If he had gotten the chance to be on the big club this year, it would be Smart/6, Olynyk/7, and between JJ and Nader for 8th!  I truly believe this!  Without DA's shenanigans with salary cap and roster flex, he would already be making his mark this year in Boston!
I guess it's Ainge's job to do, but it's a shame Nader, the team, and us fans had to suffer for it.  If Ainge and ownership hadn't had to put on the pretense that we could win a championship this season, Nader's career and the teams progress would be much farther along.
Both Jaylen Brown and Nader should have been playing HEAVY minutes this year!

Re: Nader
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2017, 05:43:01 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
 Adam Himmelsbach: Celtics draft pick Abdel Nader is the D-League player of the week after averaging 26.5 pts, 6.5 assists & 5.5 rebs at the D-League showcase.
– via Twitter AdamHimmelsbach
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2017, 05:56:04 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Adam Himmelsbach: Celtics draft pick Abdel Nader is the D-League player of the week after averaging 26.5 pts, 6.5 assists & 5.5 rebs at the D-League showcase.

But if you watched the games, you'd see his defense is James Young bad (unfortunately).

« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2017, 06:28:47 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

But if you watched the games, you'd see his defense is James Young bad (unfortunately).
I can't help but wonder if playing defense isn't stressed in the D-League or if the reason players don't come back from Maine playing better defense is simply because the players are bad defensive players and that is why they were in the D-League to begin with. I can't remember any Celtic that went to to Maine and came back playing better defense
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 07:41:49 PM by nickagneta »