Author Topic: How much is Rozier or dare I say Kyrie worth?  (Read 8305 times)

Re: How much is Rozier or dare I say Kyrie worth?
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2018, 08:03:37 PM »

Offline Boise To Boston

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
If we were going to make a trade for Kawhi, mark me as one who would rather trade Kyrie.
Rozier
Brown
Kawhi
Tatum
Horford

Who TF scores on them??

I accidentally watched First Take this morning (I know, I know) and there was an entire segment on this in regards to Kawhi.

SAS thought we should trade Kyrie for Kawhi in a straight up trade of 'five star' players. Here, Rozier and Smart would take over playmaking duties and the rest of our team would be a switching nightmare for other teams.

Kellerman thought that a trade of Hayward/Rozier/a pick for Kawhi would be best since we would get to keep both 'five star' players while taking advantage of Rozier's increased value the year before his contract expires.

I realize there is an entire thread on Kawhi that has gotten quite extensive, but I am not sure I want to give up Rozier at all right now. Not that I definitely want to deal Kyrie, but Rozier is finally combining some control with his elite athleticism. He is also so engaged on both ends - the dude is just electric. I would hate to just deal him for a mid-1st.

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2018, 08:05:24 PM »

Offline Boise To Boston

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
I would trade Rozier for the chance to grab Jaren Jackson at 6/7 if he is there.

I don't think rozier can get a high lotto pick unless he's part of a larger trade. I think he's worth about 15th pick by himself.

I think he is worth a little more folks.  GMs know what they are getting in Terry.   They don't with a pick.   I doubt he could get a top five pick, but maybe a 6-12 range.   We would still need a backup guard because who do we have that can score besides Kyrie reliably in the back court?

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2018, 08:22:37 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I don't think rozier can get a high lotto pick unless he's part of a larger trade. I think he's worth about 15th pick by himself.

too low...the guy was already a 16th pick himself on his own draft class and in a redraft now of 2015, Terry is going at least top 6 the way he is playing out of his mind.
rozier is an expiring contract. You realize that right

No he isn't.

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2018, 08:24:43 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

too low...the guy was already a 16th pick himself on his own draft class and in a redraft now of 2015, Terry is going at least top 6 the way he is playing out of his mind.

No he isn't.
yes he is. When he is eligible to be traded  he will be an expiring contract

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2018, 08:27:12 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
If we were going to make a trade for Kawhi, mark me as one who would rather trade Kyrie.
Rozier
Brown
Kawhi
Tatum
Horford

Who TF scores on them??

I think I would trade Kyrie for Leonard straight up as well, despite how tough that would be for me to agree to.... Its tough to win in the NBA with your best player as your point guard. It doesn't happen often and having such a strong rotation of wing players for us would not only be absurd but more beneficial.

The best part....You forgot to add Hayward in that lineup.

Rozier 26/Smart 22
Hayward 20/Brown 28
Leonard 34/Hayward 14/Semi
Tatum 30/Morris 18
Horford 30/Baynes 18/Theis

Thats an absurd lineup.

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2018, 08:28:54 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones

No he isn't.

What...

He is always eligible to be traded. He has one more year under his current contract in 2018-2019 then becomes an RFA 19-20 in which we have the right to match any offer.

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2018, 09:01:30 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

No he isn't.

What...

He is always eligible to be traded. He has one more year under his current contract in 2018-2019 then becomes an RFA 19-20 in which we have the right to match any offer.
I think what he means is that by the time trading players opens up again in July that he will have only a year left on his contract and so be an expiring contract.Kinda wierd way to look at things, but technically correct and really doesn't effect his trade value very much as the team that trades for him owns his RFA rights and so can match any offer he gets.

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2018, 09:04:02 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones

No he isn't.

What...

I think what he means is that by the time trading players opens up again in July that he will have only a year left on his contract and so be an expiring contract.Kinda wierd way to look at things, but technically correct and really doesn't effect his trade value very much as the team that trades for him owns his RFA rights and so can match any offer he gets.

Gotcha, thanks for clearing that up. Indeed a strange way of looking at it. But as you say, since hes an RFA thats not going to be a problem for teams.

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2018, 09:28:10 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
If it was guarantee that next season Rozier would continue to put up the same stats he has these playoffs, you could probably get a top 3 pick for him.

Unfortunately we don’t really know how good Rozier will be on a different team with full time starting duties.

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2018, 10:04:12 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I don't want another draft pick for Rozier since it won't be a top 10 pick and since all we are doing is cashing in all the equity we built in Rozier and kicking it down the road with a trade for a similarly risky outside the top ten pick only to have to develop that player for a payoff 3-4 years down the road. We aren't a rebuilding team anymore. We have the Sac pick, the Mem pick, the LAC pick and all our picks. We do not need more picks.

If you are trading Rozier, you best be getting soneone who can crack a playoff rotation and be able to contribute at a high level now. Not sure who that would be but a player like Mirotic would be a great fit. Sabonis maybe. Willie Cauley Stein maybe.

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2018, 10:08:45 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Kyrie out if Rozier plays spectacular basketball and we reach the finals/win the chip. Expecting a top five pick in this draft for him.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2018, 10:13:27 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
No more middling picks. Trade for another overlooked promising young player with more years left on his contract, or just ride it out

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2018, 10:15:23 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I don't want another draft pick for Rozier since it won't be a top 10 pick and since all we are doing is cashing in all the equity we built in Rozier and kicking it down the road with a trade for a similarly risky outside the top ten pick only to have to develop that player for a payoff 3-4 years down the road. We aren't a rebuilding team anymore. We have the Sac pick, the Mem pick, the LAC pick and all our picks. We do not need more picks.

If you are trading Rozier, you best be getting soneone who can crack a playoff rotation and be able to contribute at a high level now. Not sure who that would be but a player like Mirotic would be a great fit. Sabonis maybe. Willie Cauley Stein maybe.
Yep. Go all in next year with Rozier off the bench, unless we could snag Sabonis for him. Rozier and Oladipo would be a crazy athletic back-court.

Sick of seeing trades of Rozier for a late lotto pick. Would much rather see TRoz shred GSW's backup guards in the 2019 Finals ;)
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2018, 07:00:06 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
No more middling picks. Trade for another overlooked promising young player with more years left on his contract, or just ride it out

If we must trade Rozier, what I don't want to see is us trading him for a player with only one or two years left on his rookie deal. At first I was in favor of trading him for somebody from the 2016 draft to get an extra year out of the contract (like AB for Morris), but Rozier is proving far too valuable for just one extra year.

Unfortunately that means that we either have to deal with the unknown from this draft where the value of potential is always more valuable (meaning not acquiring a high enough pick) or picking up a Josh Jackson, Jonathan Isaac type from last draft.

If Rozier continues to be one of our best players and we go all the way to the finals, I would consider a Kyrie for Kawhi trade. At least in that case we get equivalent or greater value where I don't think we will ever come close by dealing Rozier.

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2018, 07:37:17 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I don't think Rozier's value to most teams is any higher than a 2018 late lottery pick + a veteran rotation player.  Reason being is that GM's around the league are placing significant value on rookie contracts.  Rozier will be owed 20+ million when he hits restricted free agency.  Is he really worth it for any franchise that exceeds the salary cap without becoming a deep playoff team?  Luxury tax implications are also a concern.  The worst situation in the NBA is being a non-contender with no financial flexibility. 

Who really knows though.  Danny usually finds one team who will significantly overpay.  Don't be surprised if he deals Rozier for multiple picks starting in 2019 + a veteran rotation guard.  Fans will be bummed that we didn't acquire a 2018 lotto pick, but then everyone will praise the genius of Ainge when the 2020 draft arrives and we have a chance for a top 5 pick lol.