Author Topic: Woj - Horford Decision Expected Saturday Evening (ATL upping offer)  (Read 80681 times)

Re: Woj - Horford plans to make decision over weekend
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2016, 11:18:28 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I think Al has agreed to join Durant. The only question is whether it will be with us or in OKC.

Imagine how epic it would be to have them hold a joint press conference with IT to announce the new Big 3. It would instantly sell a ton of sneakers and jerseys, something that will not happen if they go to OKC (people already have their OKC Durant jerseys and sneakers).
I have no reason to believe this other than it may make some intuitive sense.  Given that OKC has a lot of moves to make to clear space for Horford, I tend to think it is not a sure-fire pairing.  Maybe I am biased because now I really want Horford to sign with the C's.

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2016, 11:18:53 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
Brian Windhorst ‏@WindhorstESPN  2m2 minutes ago
Hawks have been involved in trade talks today in an effort to open additional cap space to re-sign Al Horford if needed, sources say.

HOLY **** JUST SIGN SOMEWHERE ALREADY

Woah, Dwight Howard, Kent Bazemore and Al Horford? Now that's crazy talk financially speaking!

If Horford thinks that he, Milsap, and Dwight will be able to play together in a starting lineup then he deserves everything that's coming to him. Going to OKC would at least make sense.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2016, 11:24:23 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Hawks have been involved in trade talks today in an effort to open additional cap space to re-sign Al Horford if needed, sources say.

Woah, Dwight Howard, Kent Bazemore and Al Horford? Now that's crazy talk financially speaking!

If Horford thinks that he, Milsap, and Dwight will be able to play together in a starting lineup then he deserves everything that's coming to him. Going to OKC would at least make sense.

Milsap is gone right?

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2016, 11:25:36 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I've gone from very confident that we'd land him to very confident that we won't :(.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2016, 11:26:51 PM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
He is waiting to see where Durant goes....

« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2016, 11:27:13 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
And here I thought we had the inside track. Really looking doubtful that Horford chooses us now.

- LilRip

« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2016, 11:27:35 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
IF by weekend he means, he'll make his decision tomorrow.  Then great.  Let's fly him off to the Hamptons to meet with Durant as well!! :)

« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2016, 11:29:14 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Pull the Horford offer now.

The Celtics should not be used to get a better deal elsewhere, and that is what he is doing.

« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2016, 11:30:35 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
I've gone from very confident that we'd land him to very confident that we won't :(.

Same. I always felt it seemed to be a little too good to be true. There was bound to be some sort of trick.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2016, 11:31:19 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

Milsap is gone right?

That's the only option. I can't imagine anyone else being traded to make space for them.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2016, 11:31:36 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Bummer - not looking good, but at least we won't have to use all of our cap space on him. Maybe we can sign Biyombo for somewhere in the mid-teens and bring back the gang (minus Turner). I only wanted Horford because he was a draw for other FAs. I can certainly talk myself out of him.

« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2016, 11:32:34 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Uggggh the suspense. All I can do now is watch Nicholas Cage movies all weekend.

« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2016, 11:32:48 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
And here I thought we had the inside track. Really looking doubtful that Horford chooses us now.

I agree.   If Durrant returns to OKC ......he ll take Hordford with him...>>>this is what is going to happen .

Durrant an't leaving Westbrooke at the alter ......no way .....he is going back to OKC least ONE more year ...then leave for a bigger paycheck next year

We re screwed for free agents ......Maybe Sully will sign with Boston

« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2016, 11:33:21 PM »

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 62
I think Al has agreed to join Durant. The only question is whether it will be with us or in OKC.

Imagine how epic it would be to have them hold a joint press conference with IT to announce the new Big 3. It would instantly sell a ton of sneakers and jerseys, something that will not happen if they go to OKC (people already have their OKC Durant jerseys and sneakers).

If Hortford goes to okc, would you give a 2nd round pick for Kanter to help them clear cap room?

Hmmm, I would do that deal if it were for their 2017 1st round pick. Kanter is a solid scorer and rebounder with 3-point range and next year's draft will be loaded... sounds like a decent consolation prize to me. I heard his defense sucks though.

« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2016, 11:34:20 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
Pull the Horford offer now.

The Celtics should not be used to get a better deal elsewhere, and that is what he is doing.

Even if he goes to OKC, he'll be getting exactly the same deal he would with the Celtics.

Great words from a great man