Author Topic: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs  (Read 536650 times)

Celtics2021 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs
« Reply #6390 on: April 28, 2024, 04:05:40 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 183
Spectacular game by Brunson.

Meanwhile Embiid just continues to warrant the criticism. Yes he dominated much of the game but only ONE single point in the entire 4th quarter. And he looked extremely tired and was walking up and down the court in the final minutes. Not just me, even the ABC crew said it out loud too that Embiid looked exhausted. Sixers with only 3 points the final 4 minutes and a ton of misses in the 4th.

Also I got to give love to Josh Hart. He's just relentless on both ends and someone I would love on my team. Underrated.

I’ve never liked Embiid. That being said he’s actually earned my respect…not really for his play because he honestly looks horrible out there to me but the fact he’s out there playing at all. I’d say 90 percent of todays nba would’ve just packed it in for the year.

« Reply #6391 on: April 28, 2024, 04:18:14 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3026
  • On To Banner 18!

Meanwhile Embiid just continues to warrant the criticism. Yes he dominated much of the game but only ONE single point in the entire 4th quarter. And he looked extremely tired and was walking up and down the court in the final minutes. Not just me, even the ABC crew said it out loud too that Embiid looked exhausted. Sixers with only 3 points the final 4 minutes and a ton of misses in the 4th.

Also I got to give love to Josh Hart. He's just relentless on both ends and someone I would love on my team. Underrated.

I’ve never liked Embiid. That being said he’s actually earned my respect…not really for his play because he honestly looks horrible out there to me but the fact he’s out there playing at all. I’d say 90 percent of todays nba would’ve just packed it in for the year.

I'll give him respect for coming back and gutting it out. But it's just the same story with him every year, he gets hurt or in big playoff games runs out of gas by the 4th quarter. Even today, 26 points in the first three quarters and easily the 2nd best guy on the court (behind Brunson) and then in the 4th he was the equivalent of being some random 4th stringer out there.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #6392 on: April 28, 2024, 04:20:33 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 183

I'll give him respect for coming back and gutting it out. But it's just the same story with him every year, he gets hurt or in big playoff games runs out of gas by the 4th quarter. Even today, 26 points in the first three quarters and easily the 2nd best guy on the court (behind Brunson) and then in the 4th he was the equivalent of being some random 4th stringer out there.
I’ve given him crap for that in the past and I believe rightfully so…just can’t do it this year. I almost feel bad for him not being able to stay healthy. I don’t think he should be out there at all based on how he looks.

« Reply #6393 on: April 28, 2024, 04:21:04 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Wow Clips are running it through George and Harden and they are dominating so far. Like Game 1.

Half joking but maybe the Clips are better off without Kawhi? He's clearly not gonna be right this entire postseason and I'm sure LAC by now has practice playing without him since he's always hurt anyways.

« Reply #6394 on: April 28, 2024, 04:24:42 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1415
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Wow Clips are running it through George and Harden and they are dominating so far. Like Game 1.

Half joking but maybe the Clips are better off without Kawhi? He's clearly not gonna be right this entire postseason and I'm sure LAC by now has practice playing without him since he's always hurt anyways.

I think giving him that huge extension was a massive mistake. Funny thing, PG can still walk this summer. He should've been the priority.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #6395 on: April 28, 2024, 04:29:11 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 231
Clippers are inconsistent, sure, but sometimes they look borderline unstoppable.

« Reply #6396 on: April 28, 2024, 04:32:08 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

I think giving him that huge extension was a massive mistake. Funny thing, PG can still walk this summer. He should've been the priority.

My fear is that George could go somewhere like the Sixers this offseason. Embiid-George-Maxey. Ugh

« Reply #6397 on: April 28, 2024, 04:35:28 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

My fear is that George could go somewhere like the Sixers this offseason. Embiid-George-Maxey. Ugh

I think he's the Sixers primary target this offseason. Embiid has the injury cloud too, but you can sell PG that Embiid is willing to tough it out in the playoffs and on Maxey's continued improvement.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #6398 on: April 28, 2024, 04:38:09 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2721

I think he's the Sixers primary target this offseason. Embiid has the injury cloud too, but you can sell PG that Embiid is willing to tough it out in the playoffs and on Maxey's continued improvement.

George is not nearly the player he used to be and he will be 34 years old next week. It would be a big mistake for the Sixers to invest significant cap space on him.

« Reply #6399 on: April 28, 2024, 04:38:11 PM »

Online ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1392
Sixers up by 2 at halftime

guess they choked...half of their 81 shots were taken by Embiid and Maxey and they got outrebounded 52-42...Josh Hart had 17 rebounds, 7 more than Embiid  :laugh:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #6400 on: April 28, 2024, 04:39:27 PM »

Online ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1392

It's probably more your second point...it's hard to re-incorporate someone into your team right as the playoffs start, especially if they've been out for a while. Players are human right there's going to be some re-acclimation going on.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #6401 on: April 28, 2024, 04:40:21 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Some comments on Sixers Reddit and Liberty Ballers  :laugh:

I gotta hand it to them, this team always finds new and interesting ways to be an abject disaster in the playoffs.

Most embarrassing part is that the second half sounded like MSG

Well boys, it’s win or Tobias goes home. We finally made it.

I was already planning on drinking tonight but I decided to just begin in the 4th quarter today.

Silver lining: one more loss and we don’t need to watch Tobias Harris ever again.

It supposed Nurse would be an advantage this season but is he any different than Glenn?

« Reply #6402 on: April 28, 2024, 04:44:41 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

George is not nearly the player he used to be and he will be 34 years old next week. It would be a big mistake for the Sixers to invest significant cap space on him.

22 pts per game on 47%/41%/91% shooting splits. He took a slight dip in usage and gave up some ball-handling duties to accommodate Harden, but he can still be an initiator on the offensive end and give you solid defense. He's still an All-Star caliber player and will arguably be the best FA on the market this summer (you can make an argument for Siakam and I don't see Lebron seriously considering leaving LA).

Joel Embiid is only 30, but I don't think he has that many playing years ahead because of his size and proneness to injury. Sixer needs to go all in for a title now.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #6403 on: April 28, 2024, 04:45:56 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2547

George and Embiid are HOF players with both injury history and age rearing their heads. George will be 34 next week and Embiid is now on the wrong side of 30. If I were a Philly fan I’d love it, but there would be legit worry throughout the journey.  Maxey is also an agonizingly good offensive player. Yeah - healthy they’d be on par with the Celtics. 

If LAC puts it together for a run to the Finals, why not stay?

« Reply #6404 on: April 28, 2024, 04:50:32 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

George and Embiid are HOF players with both injury history and age rearing their heads. George will be 34 next week and Embiid is now on the wrong side of 30. If I were a Philly fan I’d love it, but there would be legit worry throughout the journey.  Maxey is also an agonizingly good offensive player. Yeah - healthy they’d be on par with the Celtics. 

If LAC puts it together for a run to the Finals, why not stay?

I don't think LAC is good enough to get to the Finals this season. With Kawhi, I'd give them a puncher's chance to beat the Nuggets. Without him, I just can't see it. I honestly don't think they can get past OKC. Even though they're a young team.

And like I said above, for Philly it'd make sense to go for it now. You don't know how much longer Joel can play at an MVP level.
2021 Houston Rockets