Author Topic: Celtics (37-21) vs Bucks (43-14) Game #59 2/21/19  (Read 39702 times)

NBA: final possession of Celtics-bucks game had 3 missed calls
« Reply #675 on: February 23, 2019, 03:10:40 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26057309/nba-says-referees-missed-multiple-calls-end-milwaukee-bucks-boston-celtics-game

The ensuing possession for the Celtics, however, was filled with even more issues. Three calls were said to be missed: an illegal screen by Kyrie Irving on Khris Middleton; a subsequent hold by Middleton on Marcus Morris to prevent him from using Irving's screen to catch a wide-open lob at the rim; and an Eric Bledsoe foul on Irving on his drive before he missed what would have been a game-winning shot.

Irving's shot was off target, however, and Milwaukee went on to win the game.

Re: NBA: final possession of Celtics-bucks game had 3 missed calls
« Reply #676 on: February 23, 2019, 03:14:09 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Actually, I though Irving’s shot was about an inch off.  Just a little harder and he banks it in.

Anyway, who cares.  These are the best refs in the world.  They make mistakes.  The players make mistakes.  The coaches make mistakes.

Unless you’re a conspiracy theorist, calls even out.  As a coach, I tell my players to play through that ‘ish.  I think the fans should do the same thing.  Cheer through that ish.

« Reply #677 on: February 23, 2019, 03:14:26 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Was screen really illegal?

« Reply #678 on: February 23, 2019, 03:30:16 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
They also said that Lopez’s attempt was a tip (rather than a shot) and therefore not a shot clock violation.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #679 on: February 23, 2019, 04:05:15 PM »

Offline MikeB12

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 28
Sorry, but I have never believed that calls even out...nice in theory, but no evidence to support that notion.

Even some of the media were dancing around the fact that it looked like Kyrie was bumped during his shot and that it was a foul.   I can't help but think that had this play happened earlier in the game that a foul would have been called.

The media asked Kyrie after the game if he thought he was fouled so they knew that it looked like a foul could have been called.

I also wonder if some refs (most) are hesitant to call fouls that would definitely impact the game especially on the last shot of the game.

MikeB

« Reply #680 on: February 23, 2019, 04:11:00 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
I think Kyrie could've sold it better when Freak put out his leg. If he would've fell or looked like he was tripped and then bodies they may have given him the call.

« Reply #681 on: February 23, 2019, 04:59:26 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
Sorry, but I have never believed that calls even out...nice in theory, but no evidence to support that notion.

Even some of the media were dancing around the fact that it looked like Kyrie was bumped during his shot and that it was a foul.   I can't help but think that had this play happened earlier in the game that a foul would have been called.

The media asked Kyrie after the game if he thought he was fouled so they knew that it looked like a foul could have been called.

I also wonder if some refs (most) are hesitant to call fouls that would definitely impact the game especially on the last shot of the game.

MikeB

I'm with you.

And if any official is hesitant to make a call because it would "impact the game," I'd say to them that their noncalls also impact the game, so they're gonna impact the game one way or the other.

Besides, refs shouldn't be worried about "impacting" the game; they should be worried only about making the right calls. It's players who make the plays, so if any of them commit a foul and it's called, that's not the ref's fault, it's the player's fault.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

Re: Celtics (37-21) vs Bucks (43-14) Game #59 2/21/19
« Reply #682 on: February 23, 2019, 05:35:31 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
NBA are the worst pro ones, thought the NFL gave them a run for their money this year, due to the "star calls".