Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 948569 times)

Re: What's the Last Movie You Watched?
« Reply #2940 on: September 06, 2019, 09:07:43 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
 The last two movies I watched both had Anne Hathaway in it. I can’t stsnd Anbe Hathaway. Lol. But the first one was “The Hustle” with her and Rebel Wilson. My wife wanted to see it so we gave it a go. It was weird. Hathaway’s accent was over the top ridiculous. She just didn’t seem like a real person. I just believe her in any role. Rebel Wilson was pretty darn funny though, I thought. I wouldn’t have watched it in my own but pretty good with the wife.
  The other was “ Serenity” with Hathaway and Matthew McAunahey( sp?) The ploy to this was shockingly bad but I was almost impressed it got to the screen with a plot or twist this awful. He’s so good even in s terrible movie. Hathaway was so bad I couldn’t tell if her character was supposed to be not believable on purpose. She just confuses me. If anyone doesn’t plan on watching Serenity I recommend looking up what it’s revealed to be about. You’ll get a chuckle.

« Reply #2941 on: September 06, 2019, 09:09:07 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
The last two movies I watched both had Anne Hathaway in it. I can’t stand Anne Hathaway. Lol. But the first one was “The Hustle” with her and Rebel Wilson. My wife wanted to see it so we gave it a go. It was weird. Hathaway’s accent was over the top ridiculous. She just didn’t seem like a real person. I just don’t believe her in any role. Rebel Wilson was pretty darn funny though, I thought. I wouldn’t have watched it in my own but pretty good with the wife.
  The other was “ Serenity” with Hathaway and Matthew McAunahey( sp?) The ploy to this was shockingly bad but I was almost impressed it got to the screen with a plot or twist this awful. He’s so good even in s terrible movie. Hathaway was so bad I couldn’t tell if her character was supposed to be not believable on purpose. She just confuses me. If anyone doesn’t plan on watching Serenity I recommend looking up what it’s revealed to be about. You’ll get a chuckle.

« Reply #2942 on: September 06, 2019, 09:13:13 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Currently watching Carnival Row on Prime.

What a fantastic series so far.

Very Sherlock Holmes/Penny Dreadful sort of a vibe (Victorian London) but brilliantly acted and its all fantasy based (my personal favorite genre)

Prior that watched The Boys - Bloody Brilliant.
watched those as well.  both were really well done.  looking forward to their next seasons

« Reply #2943 on: September 06, 2019, 09:13:18 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
The Dark Tower. Maybe the worst adaption of a novel ever.

I tried to watch this because I really like both actors but I felt you could really tell there was a ton missing. I never read any of the books. Steven King is TOO detailed for me. That dude will spend a paragraph describing every petal on a flower. Lol. Super talented though, no don’t. Maybe someone will give it a shot again in a few years as a tv series.

« Reply #2944 on: September 06, 2019, 10:15:42 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Currently listening to "Sticks and Stones" Dave Chapelle special on Netflix.

I keep laughing out loud at work.

« Reply #2945 on: September 07, 2019, 10:02:39 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
life of pets 2 -- thought it would suck because, well, it's a sequel, but it was actually pretty enjoyable.
Always be my Maybe -- pretty good for a rom com. 
Late Nite -- very good movie.  well done by the cast.

« Reply #2946 on: September 08, 2019, 11:25:51 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Titans on DC Universe is awesome!! Season 2 is on now
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #2947 on: September 09, 2019, 06:17:51 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!

shook me a lil bit 

*sippin*

« Reply #2948 on: September 09, 2019, 06:20:31 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
Currently watching Carnival Row on Prime.

What a fantastic series so far.

Very Sherlock Holmes/Penny Dreadful sort of a vibe (Victorian London) but brilliantly acted and its all fantasy based (my personal favorite genre)

Prior that watched The Boys - Bloody Brilliant.
watched those as well.  both were really well done.  looking forward to their next seasons

the boys tho....

« Reply #2949 on: September 15, 2019, 04:10:07 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
just saw:
- Angel has Fallen:  about what you'd expect.  good action sequences but the plot strained credibility past the breaking point.  thought the way the initial attack happened was unique - wondering if someone else was thinking "I could do that" that may have seen this movie.

- Yesterday: cute movie.  kept waiting for the payoff to explain the premise but it never came. 

« Reply #2950 on: September 15, 2019, 09:08:14 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Finally decided to try out Peaky Blinders on Netflix. Through three seasons, just some really high quality programming. Cillian Murphy is excellent.

« Reply #2951 on: September 15, 2019, 10:56:40 PM »

Offline Greenback

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
  • Take away love and the earth is a tomb. ~ Browning
Overcomer

Anyone else see it?
Everyone wants truth on his side, not everyone wants to be on the side of truth.

« Reply #2952 on: September 16, 2019, 02:41:44 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
Knocked out some of the classics I've yet to see over the last month.  Watched Taxi Driver (1976), A Clockwork Orange (1971), Full Metal Jacket (1987), and Deliverance (1972).  Thought they were all pretty "meh."  Liked Taxi Driver and Deliverance the best, Full Metal Jacket the least.

Taxi Driver was just okay.  Didn't really buy De Niro's descent into madness.  Ending was cool.  Middle felt a little dragged out, and the reason for De Niro wanting to assassinate the Presidential candidate didn't seem clear.

A Clockwork Orange was strange (though that's fine, as I was expecting strange).  The actions of the main character were disturbing, but I don't think he was portrayed well as disturbed/evil.  From arrest to conversion therapy seemed too long and didn't add anything to the story for me.  All the classical music in such a deranged film didn't do it for me either.  Heavy English accents and vernacular also probably didn't help me enjoy it.

Full Metal Jacket.  Wanted to watch another Kubrick film after A Clockwork Orange (and since I love the Shining).  The boot camp part was cool, and seemed the most Kubrick-esque, but the Vietnam War part (which was the longest) just seemed long and boring, and didn't really deliver on the ending for me.  And I didn't even pick it up while watching, had to get it from the reviews, but I totally missed the main character was supposed to get the 1,000 yard stare at the end (becoming emotionally detached from the horrors around him).

Deliverance was just okay.  Everything up until the "squeal like a pig" scene was cool, but I was anticipating something else happening after that, more of a cat and mouse game I guess, with the mountain people pursing the city folk, but it was all just in their head.  Had to go back and rewatch the scene where the guy was "shot" out of the canoe and Jon Voight killed the hillbilly (wasn't sure if they were the same or different) because to me the movie didn't make it clear what happened.

Personally didn't think any of these movies held up well over the  years.

Next on the list of older films I want to watch, The Deer Hunter.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #2953 on: September 16, 2019, 02:55:09 PM »

Online mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 610
Knocked out some of the classics I've yet to see over the last month.  Watched Taxi Driver (1976), A Clockwork Orange (1971), Full Metal Jacket (1987), and Deliverance (1972).  Thought they were all pretty "meh."  Liked Taxi Driver and Deliverance the best, Full Metal Jacket the least.

Taxi Driver was just okay.  Didn't really buy De Niro's descent into madness.  Ending was cool.  Middle felt a little dragged out, and the reason for De Niro wanting to assassinate the Presidential candidate didn't seem clear.

A Clockwork Orange was strange (though that's fine, as I was expecting strange).  The actions of the main character were disturbing, but I don't think he was portrayed well as disturbed/evil.  From arrest to conversion therapy seemed too long and didn't add anything to the story for me.  All the classical music in such a deranged film didn't do it for me either.  Heavy English accents and vernacular also probably didn't help me enjoy it.

Full Metal Jacket.  Wanted to watch another Kubrick film after A Clockwork Orange (and since I love the Shining).  The boot camp part was cool, and seemed the most Kubrick-esque, but the Vietnam War part (which was the longest) just seemed long and boring, and didn't really deliver on the ending for me.  And I didn't even pick it up while watching, had to get it from the reviews, but I totally missed the main character was supposed to get the 1,000 yard stare at the end (becoming emotionally detached from the horrors around him).

Deliverance was just okay.  Everything up until the "squeal like a pig" scene was cool, but I was anticipating something else happening after that, more of a cat and mouse game I guess, with the mountain people pursing the city folk, but it was all just in their head.  Had to go back and rewatch the scene where the guy was "shot" out of the canoe and Jon Voight killed the hillbilly (wasn't sure if they were the same or different) because to me the movie didn't make it clear what happened.

Prepare yourself for more disappointment...

For most of those films you have to put them into context of the time they were made. The creepiness, edginess and "shock factor" was ground breaking film making for the time. But viewed from the lens of films in the 2000's... pretty sedate stuff.

« Reply #2954 on: September 16, 2019, 03:50:25 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Prepare yourself for more disappointment...

For most of those films you have to put them into context of the time they were made. The creepiness, edginess and "shock factor" was ground breaking film making for the time. But viewed from the lens of films in the 2000's... pretty sedate stuff.

I really liked all of those movies. Deer Hunter and FMJ the best, Deliverance the least, but I think all are rewatchable.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes