Author Topic: LeBron to CLE is horrible news for the C's  (Read 21103 times)

Re: LeBron to CLE is horrible news for the C's
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2014, 01:29:40 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I, for one, am elated that Love won't be coming here.

I wasn't crazy about him either, but Ainge needs to go all out here.

Rondo needs to be moved ASAP.

Disagree. A) because I enjoy Rondo's play and B) I don't think he moves the needle enough to be worth trading,
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2014, 01:29:47 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
We might as well tank. Oh, well. This'll limit the amount of times I'll want to get up at 2 AM.

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2014, 01:29:50 PM »

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 50
We were never contenders for obtaining love.

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2014, 01:30:25 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1036
Cleveland probably would have got under the cap either way but does anybody feel like crap for pretty much "helping" Cleveland land him all while costing us any shot we had at Love?

Like you said, they would have done it anyway.

Glad we got a cheap C prospect, first rounder, and expiring contract.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2014, 01:30:57 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
We were never contenders for obtaining love.

Don't know if you can honestly say that. I think at some point Love was very interested in BOS, but the prospect of playing with the best basketball player should definitely want him to go to CLE.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2014, 01:32:21 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1397
I wonder if LeBron will learn from what happened in Miami and want young depth, instead of three big pieces...Is it better to field:

Kyrie
Wiggins
LeBron
Thompson
Varejao
Bench: Waiters, Bennett, vets on minimum deals & MLE

Or is it better to field:
Kyrie
Waiters
LeBron
Love
Varejao
Bench: Vets on minimum

Short term, obviously choice #2...But, is choice #1 better for the team short term and long term?

For the record, I think Love is a Cav within the next 3-4 days.

This is a point I was kind of getting at in my post above too. I actually think the first team has a better chance of contending for titles for the next 6-7 years. I am also not sure if they can even keep Varejo on the second team because it looks like he is due 9 million next year?

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2014, 01:33:15 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
Cleveland probably would have got under the cap either way but does anybody feel like crap for pretty much "helping" Cleveland land him all while costing us any shot we had at Love?
Don't feel bad at all. if we didn't get Love, then we have positioned ourselves for a big name Free agent PF/C in 2015,  - only draw back is that 2014-2015 would suck!

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2014, 01:34:43 PM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
I wouldn't panic. We were out of the Love chase long ago, and Cleveland will be far from 'elite'. Even Lebron acknowledged that it will be tough to win a title and it will test his patience. Ainge is putting together a strong foundation with a lot of assets. No need to despair.

Agreed!

« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2014, 01:36:55 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
If LeBron wants Love, the Cavs are getting Love.

BUT...if you're LeBron, wouldn't you rather keep Wiggins and Varejao and add Pau Gasol without giving up any assets?  Flip is going to demand Wiggins, Sideshow and either Bennet or Waiters and a 1st round pick or two.  Even after signing LeBron, they could sign Gasol outright and not give up any of those guys.

Mike

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2014, 01:42:03 PM »

Offline nacceltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
@RealGM  2m
Broussard: Cavs offer Dion Waiters, Anthony Bennett, first round pick to Wolves for Kevin Love.

« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2014, 01:42:18 PM »

Offline CM0

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
I wouldn't panic. We were out of the Love chase long ago, and Cleveland will be far from 'elite'. Even Lebron acknowledged that it will be tough to win a title and it will test his patience. Ainge is putting together a strong foundation with a lot of assets. No need to despair.

I agree. The Love pricetag was far to high. I like that Danny has maintained flexibility moving forward while collecting and retaining great young talent.

Young talent + solid vets + a coach that players want to play for + expiring contracts + tons of good picks = a good foundation for a successful rebuild.

« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2014, 01:43:34 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 422
I dont want to over react but if Love goes to the Cavs I do think it changes DA's plans. I belive the current stategy was build assets to target love, pair him with Rondo and use those two to pull in a FA center next offseason (#1 option M Gasol).

If Love joins the Cavs this is out the window and DA has to decide if adding a star next to Rondo is plausible. At the point when PP and KG where traded the two logical targets where Aldridge and Love. Aldrige seems content with the Blazers and that just leaves Love. After that I dont see a player currently in the league who is a trade target to join RR and turn this team from lottery to solid playoff and eventual contender.

Not to be dramatic but to me Love going to Cleveland will lead to Rondo being traded. The new plan A will be Okafur or Towns in the 2015 Lottery.......
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2014, 01:43:37 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
@RealGM  2m
Broussard: Cavs offer Dion Waiters, Anthony Bennett, first round pick to Wolves for Kevin Love.

Boston's offer is better.

« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2014, 01:43:59 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
@RealGM  2m

Anything without Wiggins is utterly offensive.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2014, 01:44:04 PM »

Online cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 377
@RealGM  2m

hah, that offer isnt getting it done...