Author Topic: Avery Bradley Available  (Read 5871 times)

Re: Avery Bradley Available
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2018, 11:20:20 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Over at Detroit Bad Boys, seems like a lot of fans want him gone and don't expect a significant return. The subheading for the article is literally "Adrian Wojnarowski delivers the news many Pistons fans had been hoping for." Ouch.

Would love to see him end up in OKC, but I don't think they have the pieces to move.

What the heck did Pistons fans think they were getting, a superstar?

Bradley is an excellent role player.  Emphasis on role player.

The bottom line for the Pistons is that no team with Drummond, Harris, and Jackson as your three best players is going to win much of anything.  Bradley is not the problem with that team.

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2018, 11:26:27 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Over at Detroit Bad Boys, seems like a lot of fans want him gone and don't expect a significant return. The subheading for the article is literally "Adrian Wojnarowski delivers the news many Pistons fans had been hoping for." Ouch.

Would love to see him end up in OKC, but I don't think they have the pieces to move.

Thankfully, I'm not sure the Cavs have the pieces to acquire him (since he isn't worth the BKN pick), but he would be awful for Boston on that team in the backcourt.  I don't want to see him on the Sixers either, as that would make them a very tough out in the first round.  And the Sixers clearly have the pieces needed to acquire him.  I think he would go well on the Bucks also.  Seems like the right sort of compliment to Bledsoe, Middleton and Giannis.

Cavs could do their own 2018 1st and Frye's expiring.
Cavs could, but they actually need Frye.  Their record when Frye plays decent minutes is incredible and it is awful when he doesn't.  I'd assume they would want to move Shumpert and I'm not sure that makes sense for the Pistons.  Maybe Bradley and Leuer for Smith and Osman.  That might make sense for both teams.  Pistons drop some salary and get rid of Leuer's dead weight.  Smith replaces Bradley's production and they get a nice young SF to take a crack at. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2018, 11:28:56 AM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

What the heck did Pistons fans think they were getting, a superstar?

Bradley is an excellent role player.  Emphasis on role player.

The bottom line for the Pistons is that no team with Drummond, Harris, and Jackson as your three best players is going to win much of anything.  Bradley is not the problem with that team.

In all fairness, Bradley hasn't been an excellent role player for them. His true shooting percentage is .497 (down from .548 last year), his offensive rating is 92, and his defensive rating is 110 (the worst defensive rating of his career). His on/off rating is bad too at -7.8. They're a better team on both ends when he sits.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2018, 11:30:17 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Thankfully, I'm not sure the Cavs have the pieces to acquire him (since he isn't worth the BKN pick), but he would be awful for Boston on that team in the backcourt.  I don't want to see him on the Sixers either, as that would make them a very tough out in the first round.  And the Sixers clearly have the pieces needed to acquire him.  I think he would go well on the Bucks also.  Seems like the right sort of compliment to Bledsoe, Middleton and Giannis.

Cavs could do their own 2018 1st and Frye's expiring.
Cavs could, but they actually need Frye.  Their record when Frye plays decent minutes is incredible and it is awful when he doesn't.  I'd assume they would want to move Shumpert and I'm not sure that makes sense for the Pistons.  Maybe Bradley and Leuer for Smith and Osman.  That might make sense for both teams.  Pistons drop some salary and get rid of Leuer's dead weight.  Smith replaces Bradley's production and they get a nice young SF to take a crack at.

Cavs are definitely going to have to send a first round pick at least.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2018, 11:41:26 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Add Avery to the growing list of talented but flawed players who looked much better here because of our coaching staff's ability to maximize their skills while masking their deficiencies.

We're not unique though, another well-run successful team could use him effectively too. Hope he finds his way to one.

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2018, 11:43:43 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
Add Avery to the growing list of talented but flawed players who looked much better here because of our coaching staff's ability to maximize their skills while masking their deficiencies.

We're not unique though, another well-run successful team could use him effectively too. Hope he finds his way to one.

Agree.

If OKC somehow manages to bring in Bradley, man oh man, is that team looking even better especially with Andre coming off the bench as a lockdown defender.

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2018, 11:44:37 AM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Agree.

If OKC somehow manages to bring in Bradley, man oh man, is that team looking even better especially with Andre coming off the bench as a lockdown defender.

Andre is out for the rest of the season.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2018, 11:44:44 AM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
It would be weird for Cavs to get him. Like they're building the C's around James.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2018, 11:49:00 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

Agree.

I know, I meant next season.

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2018, 11:52:51 AM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Agree.

Both Paul George and Avery Bradley are free agents after the season. Don't know if anyone can project that team that far ahead.

Also, slightly off topic, Andre coming back is a lockdown defender is far from a given with the type of injury he sustain. I expect his lateral movement won't be the same on his return.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2018, 11:52:56 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
I really like the Thunder as a fit for Bradley, especially with Roberson out for the year.

He helps on defense a ton (especially perimeter defense against teams like Golden State + Houston, AND can give you a solid 13-15 PPG.)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2018, 11:56:54 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125

THIS thought is what many didn't see with the IT and Crowder deals. LOL This is why I never understood why people thought the Cavs got the better of the deal. In Stevens system, everyone looks better.

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2018, 11:57:49 AM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
Bradley hasn't been very good this year.  Still a good three-point shooter, but he's struggling from inside the arc (42% on twos, down from 50% the last two seasons), his defense is down, and Drummond negates his rebounding ability.  He has become a floor spacer who provides little else.  No wonder they want to move him. 

Speaking of Drummond, a lot of people were concerned about Marcus Morris's inability to rebound at the PF position.  He has quietly been a solid rebounder for us this year - TRB% of 12.0, up from 7.8.  It appears that Drummond's presence just depressed his rebounding stats, just like what is happening to Bradley this year. 

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2018, 11:58:33 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

Agree.

Both Paul George and Avery Bradley are free agents after the season. Don't know if anyone can project that team that far ahead.

Also, slightly off topic, Andre coming back is a lockdown defender is far from a given with the type of injury he sustain. I expect his lateral movement won't be the same on his return.

Debatable. We'll see when he comes back. I suspect his high BBIQ will still allow him to be a solid defender.

As for PG13/AB, well if that traded happened, they would have Bird Rights, although OKC has been known for avoiding the luxury repeater tax. Hopefully they learned from their mistake of trying to be too cheap for their star players.

I really like the Thunder as a fit for Bradley, especially with Roberson out for the year.

He helps on defense a ton (especially perimeter defense against teams like Golden State + Houston, AND can give you a solid 13-15 PPG.)

Me too. Plus that team would be really fun to play with on NBA 2K18 lol.

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2018, 12:04:28 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!

Agree.

Debatable. We'll see when he comes back. I suspect his high BBIQ will still allow him to be a solid defender.

As for PG13/AB, well if that traded happened, they would have Bird Rights, although OKC has been known for avoiding the luxury repeater tax. Hopefully they learned from their mistake of trying to be too cheap for their star players.

Me too. Plus that team would be really fun to play with on NBA 2K18 lol.

Yep. Thunder IMO as long as they stay healthy from here on out become a legitimate Top-3 West team IMO, and can definitely challenge Warriors while being very close to equal vs. Houston or San Antonio.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller