Author Topic: Smart flies home with his arm in a sling  (Read 6308 times)

Re: Smart flies home with his arm in a sling
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2018, 09:13:04 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I guess an emotional reaction to our Lakers loss?

Love it but NOT the aftermath..bone-headed move by him but I LOVE him as a player.

I was mad losing to those bums, too.

Get some rest, gear up and get ready for our run into June, Marcus. We'll need you.

« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2018, 10:47:05 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I wonder if some sort of suspension will also be given from the Cs and/or league?

Why do you say that? It happened at a hotel nowhere near NBA premises, no one besides Smart got hurt, and other than Smart coming out about the injury despite the obvious apparent damage to the hands, no one else would've really known about it.

If Ainge or Stevens suspends Smart, I'll be sorely disappointed.

If he is on video smoking weed is one reason. The other reason from the Cs is doing something stupid which hurts the team. I am a HUGE Smart fan so I obviously do not want this but if you are on a social media site smoking weed I think that could be grounds.
Well, it sucks that he’s out two weeks, especially with the games we got coming up. However, at this point all he’s doing is costing himself money and ensuring that he stays here on the cheap. He very well could be playing on the QO in Boston next year.

What’s hilarious, though, is that this apparently happened one year to the day after he punched the hole in Washington’s locker room wall lol

http://twitter.com/SteveBHoop/status/957026218087346176

Isn't that ironic? Lol.

And while the smashing the glass frame shouldn't be reprimanded, but I believe the Celtics will give a stern lecture to Smart about controlling his emotions. I could honestly see him suspended for 2-3 days just to teach him a lesson. As for smoking weed on instagram... Can you honestly charge someone with marijuana offense through a video? I haven't really seen something like that happen.

The area that I live in, NOVA/DC most of the marijuana in DC is now legalized, it is still an federal offense. Plenty of people like Trapwoods, District Dabbers, etc; all spark up and get absolutely high as heck on IG.

Considering marijuana is against the NBA's policy, it wouldn't be outrageous if they suspend him.
I’m no lawyer, but I would say No, you cannot prove he smoked or even possessed marijuana from a video.  You need corroborating evidence.  Anyway, it’s irrelevant to the main issue.

« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2018, 10:58:20 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
I wonder why the team did not cover him by making up a story (slipped in the bathroom or sthg).

Unless this is something you do only for stars you want to trade by the deadline.

« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2018, 11:14:53 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
So ignoring the fact that Marcus's agent should have any fiscal common sense, he'll firmly advise Smart not to do anything like this again. His little tantrum certainly cost him several million dollars. It also sets an undoubted precedent that Ainge is probably not going to go that much higher than the previous offered contract, that Smart rejected before.

So in all in... Very upset Smart did something clearly not as 'smart,' but... It is definitely gonna bring down his value, and some teams are going to see his firey temper as a net negative. (Considering he has done this before, and his Oklahoma days.)
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different