Author Topic: Smart flies home with his arm in a sling  (Read 6325 times)

Re: Smart flies home with his arm in a sling
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2018, 02:15:37 PM »

Offline otherdave

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 124
  • takes.....MAKES!!!!
Why would you need your arm in a sling for a cut hand and why would you need to fly home? This is sketchy at best. Was he told he was being traded? Is the trade now in jeopardy because he busted his hand?

I went the other direction:  he was sent back to Boston so the C's doctors can examine, treat, etc.  In other words, that there is more than stitches at play here, from a medical perspective.

Of course this is just me speculating...

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2018, 02:17:28 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
This is unfortunate.  I am as big of a Smart fan as there is but this is just unacceptable.  It can happen once in a while but he's getting too old to pull childish moves like this.  You work with your hands.

I mean, we don't know the details but I am assuming something stupid, like punching glass of some kind.
Maybe it was out of frustration from that game winner he missed but it's again not acceptable.

This doesn't really make sense. We don't know the details. He definitely could have cut it doing something stupid, but it just as easily could have been a freak accident. Most people have cut themselves at one point or another, and most of the cases I know were just freak incidents. Unless there is something else out there, seems a bit much to assume it was something childish. If we do find that out, by all means pile on.

I mean, I feel like we already would have confirmation if it was an honest accident. The fact that nothing has conclusively came out about it yet suggests to me that it was something dumb, like Smart punching something.

There’s also the fact that he has a history of punching walls and other things.

Yeah, this is pretty much my thought here. If it was an innocent accident they would have just come right out with it.

Looks to me like the team is in damage control mode at this point.

I wouldn't say damage control, they are figuring out how to deal with it.

I agree that the handling here totally suggests more than an accident.  Again, you will find no bigger Smart fan or defender here than me.  I even defend him for shoving that fan in college.  But at this point, with his age, this is unacceptable.  As I said, he works with his hands and he is a professional.

This was also right after the game when he missed the game winner.  I am jumping to some conclusions here but I think they will be what we see happened.  I mean, maybe it was a fight or something like that, which would be better if still really stupid, but I think it will be something foolish.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2018, 02:19:14 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
This is unfortunate.  I am as big of a Smart fan as there is but this is just unacceptable.  It can happen once in a while but he's getting too old to pull childish moves like this.  You work with your hands.

I mean, we don't know the details but I am assuming something stupid, like punching glass of some kind.
Maybe it was out of frustration from that game winner he missed but it's again not acceptable.

This doesn't really make sense. We don't know the details. He definitely could have cut it doing something stupid, but it just as easily could have been a freak accident. Most people have cut themselves at one point or another, and most of the cases I know were just freak incidents. Unless there is something else out there, seems a bit much to assume it was something childish. If we do find that out, by all means pile on.

I mean, I feel like we already would have confirmation if it was an honest accident. The fact that nothing has conclusively came out about it yet suggests to me that it was something dumb, like Smart punching something.

There’s also the fact that he has a history of punching walls and other things.

Yes, I also had forgotten he even had a wall punching history.  I don't think the dots are hard to connect.  I also know you are a Smart fan J Potter.  This stuff is just something he needed to leave behind already.

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2018, 02:22:03 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas

I mean, we don't know the details but I am assuming something stupid, like punching glass of some kind.  Maybe it was out of frustration from that game winner he missed but it's again not acceptable.

Umm, jump to conclusions much lol. Can we at least wait before finding out the details before intravenously just throwing your favorite player under a bus? I'm a huge fan of Smart too, but whether or not he did it or not, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Sorry to triple post here, but I will always wait and see.  However, this is something that has been an issue I have seen from him before.

I will always call out guys for certain things no matter how much I like them.  I like guys who play with an edge and fire.  My favorite all time is KG for that reason in a large part.  However, even for me he crossed lines in a bad way several times (Calderon, Vileneuava, Frye incidents) in ways I will call out and not defend.  This has always been an issue with Smart as much as I love him with things like this. 

And to be real, as we should be, he had an extremely rough upbringing, dealt with his brothers death, etc and I see how he can have temper issues or things like that.  I have my own issues as well.  However, I would like him to realize how foolish it is to hurt himself though.   It is self destructive behavior and I think shouldn't be looked at so differently than cutting or other types of self harm, being things that are dangerous signs that you may need help.  I say that from a place of care for him, not condemnation.

This is a guy I think is an All NBA first team defender and he is damaging his own body for stupid reasons and hurting his team.  In a contract year for himself as well.

Again, if I am wrong here I'll say I was and will be rightfully called out.  At this point I am taking all the smoke I see and assuming fire.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 02:28:34 PM by Snakehead »

Marcus Smart Instagram "model" chick the cause of his injury?
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2018, 02:35:52 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
So I don't know how true this is so take it with a grain of salt but the day his hand was injured this girl supposedly put him on blast. She leaked a video of him smoking marijuana, private texts, and threatened a bunch of other crap. Sounds more and more like he was angry and punched something. I guess she took everything down shortly but if true and he's drug tested he could be out for awhile. Smh

http://mtonews.com/mto-shocker-nba-star-marcus-smart-just-got-put-blast-insta-thot-says-aborted-child-ratchet-video/
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2018, 02:57:57 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

I mean, we don't know the details but I am assuming something stupid, like punching glass of some kind.  Maybe it was out of frustration from that game winner he missed but it's again not acceptable.

Umm, jump to conclusions much lol. Can we at least wait before finding out the details before intravenously just throwing your favorite player under a bus? I'm a huge fan of Smart too, but whether or not he did it or not, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Sorry to triple post here, but I will always wait and see.  However, this is something that has been an issue I have seen from him before.

I will always call out guys for certain things no matter how much I like them.  I like guys who play with an edge and fire.  My favorite all time is KG for that reason in a large part.  However, even for me he crossed lines in a bad way several times (Calderon, Vileneuava, Frye incidents) in ways I will call out and not defend.  This has always been an issue with Smart as much as I love him with things like this. 

And to be real, as we should be, he had an extremely rough upbringing, dealt with his brothers death, etc and I see how he can have temper issues or things like that.  I have my own issues as well.  However, I would like him to realize how foolish it is to hurt himself though.   It is self destructive behavior and I think shouldn't be looked at so differently than cutting or other types of self harm, being things that are dangerous signs that you may need help.  I say that from a place of care for him, not condemnation.

This is a guy I think is an All NBA first team defender and he is damaging his own body for stupid reasons and hurting his team.  In a contract year for himself as well.

Again, if I am wrong here I'll say I was and will be rightfully called out.  At this point I am taking all the smoke I see and assuming fire.

I see what you mean. Reasonable enough. Smart does have a history of a hot temper. I really don't hope it was something dumb like punching glass because that would be just outright stupid to do so.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2018, 03:25:48 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Hey, look at the bright side.

Regardless of how and why got hurt, he'll cost us less to resign.

He just cost himself a bunch of money (if it wasn't an accident).

Marcus for 10-12 for 5 years is palatable to me.

Or trade him right now for 'Reke, and use the DPE on a buyout like Monroe.

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2018, 04:07:39 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
Well he said it was hitting a picture on a wall himself openly now, so we know:

https://twitter.com/smart_MS3/status/956996115605475329

@smart_MS3

I want to take this time to express my sincerest apologies to my teammates, coaches, and most of all the amazing Boston Celtics fans. I'm embarrassed and disappointed in my actions. I swiped at and hit a picture frame on the wall. I feel like I let all y'all down

https://twitter.com/smart_MS3/status/956996118566629377

@smart_MS3

I promise I will learn from this situation and come back better than ever. I love y'all and I truly appreciate all the support

EDIT: Celtics also officially say he is out 2 weeks

https://twitter.com/ESPNForsberg/status/956997786372751360
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 04:18:38 PM by Snakehead »

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2018, 04:09:50 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Not the "Smartest" action he has ever done. Money, Common Sense and the ability to control one's temper definitely do not relate to each other.

At least it cannot make him shoot any worse..can it? :P

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2018, 04:16:50 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
I feel like I let all y'all down

Well Marcus that's cos you have you bloody idiot.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2018, 04:18:28 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I would not invest one more cent in this guy. Last year busting up a wall in washington. This year slicing his hand open while pitching a fit.

Bad enough he makes terrible decisions on the court and off
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 04:26:21 PM by celticinorlando »

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2018, 04:27:14 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I love him on defense, but what a moron.

Punching glass should never be a thing, or at the latest outgrow it by the time your 16 and not an angtsy teenager please.

Idiot.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2018, 04:46:06 PM »

Offline Gari

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 6
One of my friends linked me this:

http://mtonews.com/mto-shocker-nba-star-marcus-smart-just-got-put-blast-insta-thot-says-aborted-child-ratchet-video/

I'm not sure of the credibility of the report but it could explain why Smart punched a picture frame in a hotel wall. Apparently a model on Instagram posted a video of him smoking weed which is now deleted. As we all know smoking weed is prohibited in the NBA and getting caught doing so can lead to suspension. The video now being deleted suggests Smart probably has already dealt with the issue behind the curtains but his frustration from the incident may have caused him hurting himself.

This is all just speculation. Feel free to take all of this with a grain of salt.

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2018, 04:57:35 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
One of my friends linked me this:

I'm not sure of the credibility of the report but it could explain why Smart punched a picture frame in a hotel wall. Apparently a model on Instagram posted a video of him smoking weed which is now deleted. As we all know smoking weed is prohibited in the NBA and getting caught doing so can lead to suspension. The video now being deleted suggests Smart probably has already dealt with the issue behind the curtains but his frustration from the incident may have caused him hurting himself.

This is all just speculation. Feel free to take all of this with a grain of salt.

The morning before the injury was announced, I seen on another site where she made some strong allegations against him and said she was going to expose him. Also stated that they had an altercation at a restaurant.

I didn’t think anything of it because it was gossip, but then when they announced later that day that he wasn’t playing because of a laceration, it got me to thinking. All this can be coincidental, but it doesn’t look good either way.

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2018, 05:02:22 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I think Smart's days in Boston are numbered. He is a problem