Author Topic: Smart flies home with his arm in a sling  (Read 6313 times)

Re: Smart flies home with his arm in a sling
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 12:07:13 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
This is unfortunate.  I am as big of a Smart fan as there is but this is just unacceptable.  It can happen once in a while but he's getting too old to pull childish moves like this.  You work with your hands.

I mean, we don't know the details but I am assuming something stupid, like punching glass of some kind.  Maybe it was out of frustration from that game winner he missed but it's again not acceptable.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 12:50:29 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Maybe it will help him shoot better in the long term!

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 12:53:25 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
This is unfortunate.  I am as big of a Smart fan as there is but this is just unacceptable.  It can happen once in a while but he's getting too old to pull childish moves like this.  You work with your hands.

I mean, we don't know the details but I am assuming something stupid, like punching glass of some kind.
Maybe it was out of frustration from that game winner he missed but it's again not acceptable.

This doesn't really make sense. We don't know the details. He definitely could have cut it doing something stupid, but it just as easily could have been a freak accident. Most people have cut themselves at one point or another, and most of the cases I know were just freak incidents. Unless there is something else out there, seems a bit much to assume it was something childish. If we do find that out, by all means pile on.

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 12:58:36 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Ugh...just hope there isn't any ligament damage...

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 01:08:23 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Marcus Dummy pulls his best impression of Fab Melo (rip) in the hotel  ;D

CBS says they are still investigating what happened as we speak

Celts org: Marcus tell us what happened!

Marcus: No, its nothing.... ::)

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2018, 01:13:54 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
He definitely punched a window or something because of the missed shot.

Anyone remember the same thing happened to Stoudemire? He punched a fire extinguisher after a game and messed up his hand

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2018, 01:16:46 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Its a long season, and we're nowhere near hurting for wins.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2018, 01:19:52 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Marcus is always a big part of how well we play the Warriors.  Ames tomorrow’s game that much tougher.

Need Brown and Rozier to step up.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2018, 01:21:43 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

I mean, we don't know the details but I am assuming something stupid, like punching glass of some kind.  Maybe it was out of frustration from that game winner he missed but it's again not acceptable.

Umm, jump to conclusions much lol. Can we at least wait before finding out the details before intravenously just throwing your favorite player under a bus? I'm a huge fan of Smart too, but whether or not he did it or not, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2018, 01:25:37 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Marcus should call up Tom Brady and Alex Guerrero to find out how to cure a cut hand in 3 days.

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2018, 01:35:04 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Why would you need your arm in a sling for a cut hand and why would you need to fly home? This is sketchy at best. Was he told he was being traded? Is the trade now in jeopardy because he busted his hand?

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2018, 01:39:49 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

I mean, we don't know the details but I am assuming something stupid, like punching glass of some kind.
Maybe it was out of frustration from that game winner he missed but it's again not acceptable.

This doesn't really make sense. We don't know the details. He definitely could have cut it doing something stupid, but it just as easily could have been a freak accident. Most people have cut themselves at one point or another, and most of the cases I know were just freak incidents. Unless there is something else out there, seems a bit much to assume it was something childish. If we do find that out, by all means pile on.

I mean, I feel like we already would have confirmation if it was an honest accident. The fact that nothing has conclusively came out about it yet suggests to me that it was something dumb, like Smart punching something.

There’s also the fact that he has a history of punching walls and other things.

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2018, 01:48:26 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Dang, hope Marcus feels better, but we really could have used him for the Warriors game tomorrow (especially for defensive purposes).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2018, 01:50:49 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

I mean, I feel like we already would have confirmation if it was an honest accident. The fact that nothing has conclusively came out about it yet suggests to me that it was something dumb, like Smart punching something.

There’s also the fact that he has a history of punching walls and other things.

Yeah, this is pretty much my thought here. If it was an innocent accident they would have just come right out with it.

Looks to me like the team is in damage control mode at this point.