Author Topic: David Aldridge: Pacers asking for 2 1sts and a Starter for George  (Read 10311 times)

Re: David Aldridge: Pacers asking for 2 1sts and a Starter for George
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2017, 01:10:45 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Its simple...if George is going to loose, he'd rather do it in LA, most likely near his family. If he's going to a winner, a team with a chance to get into the finals, he'll except another destination.

I would think the Cavs will come knocking, after all they have Lebrons ego, I mean legacy to think about. And what LBJ wants, he gets.

Actually the Celtics have a fair chance to acquire Paul George, they have the best possible package to offer.

A-freaking-men. I mean, this has pretty much been exactly what he's said all along, but somehow everyone else has interpreted it as "he's deadest on going to LA."
that isn't that woj says

Got a source on that? All I've seen is "prefers Lakers", which is a far, far cry from "will sign with LA no matter what"
I'm bitter.

« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2017, 01:27:46 PM »

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656
The team needs a center.  Trading away the 2018 Brooklyn and/or LAL/SAC(2019) picks would make that more difficult to get.  So, to me, those picks should be off limits in any trade.
I actually do agree with this sentiment.  However, there are many that think the Center position is less important these days, based on GS and CLE success in the last 3 years.  I personally think that is misguided. The center position still represents one of five players on the floor.  If that's the guy who is open, he has to knock it down.  If the opponents center is going off, you have to stop him.  Some things never change in basketball.

It's the rarity of the true center, combined with the self-fulfilling prophesy.  It's tough to find excellent post playing centers, because bigs now all thing they need to be taller versions of Steph Curry.  Shaq would probably average 50 points a game if he were in his prime and playing today.

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.

« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2017, 01:33:10 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Its simple...if George is going to loose, he'd rather do it in LA, most likely near his family. If he's going to a winner, a team with a chance to get into the finals, he'll except another destination.

I would think the Cavs will come knocking, after all they have Lebrons ego, I mean legacy to think about. And what LBJ wants, he gets.

Actually the Celtics have a fair chance to acquire Paul George, they have the best possible package to offer.

A-freaking-men. I mean, this has pretty much been exactly what he's said all along, but somehow everyone else has interpreted it as "he's deadest on going to LA."
that isn't that woj says

Got a source on that? All I've seen is "prefers Lakers", which is a far, far cry from "will sign with LA no matter what"
obviously he wont guarantee he will go there, he wants to make sure he gets the max first. But the point is even teams believe he will go to LA so they aren't offering a lot in trades

« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2017, 01:36:50 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

that isn't that woj says

obviously he wont guarantee he will go there, he wants to make sure he gets the max first. But the point is even teams believe he will go to LA so they aren't offering a lot in trades

Everyone is saying he is going to LA

Everyone , but George that is

I don't know how many times I have brought this up, but he has personally, , himself, Paul George , on his verified twitter account retweeted that the C's should trade for him.

Straight from the horses mouth(so to speak)