Author Topic: Fultz may be a horrible defender  (Read 8341 times)

Re: Fultz may be a horrible defender
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2017, 01:06:52 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
These threats are becoming boring...  Same guys were saying that Randle would have a better impact than smart, that brown has no game just a physical beast..  if ainge takes him I am sure he will have an impact.. And a big one

To be fair I called from day one that Randle would be an epic bust.  He hasn't quite been an epic bust, but he's been pretty crap.

Though I was a bit 50/50 on Brown.  I felt he would be a starting calibre SF in time, but wasn't sure if he'd ever be better then that.  To be sure the jury is still out on that, so I'm not wrong yet!

I think Fultz is going to be an amazing player, but the defensive question marks to worry me a little bit.

Worry 1st- that cbs may not even play him if he cant play defense
Honestly, this is why im NOT worried.

Markelle Fultz has the physical tools to be a good defender. Brad will force him to prioritize defense because without it he wont get on the court.

This is the number 1 perk of going to a competitive team. These guys cant get away with just not playing defense. Take Andrew Wiggins. He had the tools to be good, but its not like Minnesota wasnt gonna give the guy 30 mpg anyway so has just gone his whole career so far without playing a lick of defense.

That would be a legitimate concern for Fultz if hed gone to a ****ty team, but Boston is going to force him to fix his defense.

Yeah, I mean it's not like Wiggins is being coached by some defensive guru or anything ;) ;D.

He wasn't until this last year.   Wiggins played almost 6000 minutes in his first two seasons before Thibodeau was hired.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2017, 01:51:27 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
Yawn. Sounded like a couple of guys who had watch two highlight reels. Nothing new.

BTW, Fultz part of the podcast starts at 26:30.

Mike

« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2017, 02:00:42 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Prospect this high up don't get drafted #1 for their defense.  They know it and their coach knows it.

No one was pressuring Markelle to play D. 

He balled out for the highest pick possible, cant blame him for letting his Defense slide.

« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2017, 02:41:07 PM »

Offline rochrist

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Yeah I heard this podcast as well.  Definitely something worth noting. 

I'm starting to hope we trade the pick for a young, but proven asset. 

My dream is still #1 to Philly for #3, Saric, and LA 2018.  Probably asking for too much but I would take that in a heartbeat.

Come on bro. Show some faih! Everybody has a wart or two.

This kid has truly incredible upside.

Haha thanks for shoving me back in the right direction.

It's just nerve racking to think about the number 1 pick.  So many what if scenarios!
Your dream trade is mine too.  Fox or Jackson at #3 could well end up better than Fultz.  Don't have to be concerned about their defense.  Having a good chance at two top 5 picks next year would be really nice.  Saric isn't going to be a star but he's a very good, hard working role player who would be a solid contributor.   
Fox will not be better that Fultz.