Author Topic: Bulpett Nails it  (Read 10162 times)

Bulpett Nails it
« on: March 31, 2017, 12:27:33 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Steve Bulpett's article in today's Herald says Danny not worried about how well we do in 2017, this team is being built for 2018 and beyond.  I couldn't agree more. See below.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/celtics/2017/03/bulpett_celtics_have_bigger_goals_than_winning_in_this_year_s_playoffs

Re: Bulpett Nails it
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 12:38:18 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
The instant gratification folks aren't going to like that. 

I think Bulpett is spot-on and I think its become more & more apparent since last summer that they're trying to set themselves up in "have your cake & eat it too" mode wherein they can be very competitive now & set themselves up for even greater future success without much sacrifice to either.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 12:42:33 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
when we talk about the no trade during the deadline, it makes me more or less relate to GSW 3 years ago...Thompson for Kevin Love...some people were questioning why wouldn't you make that trade, now fast forward to today, GSW is doing very well with Thompson

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 01:07:33 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
This makes me think...DON'T TRADE EITHER NETS PICK!

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 01:15:57 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

I think Bulpett is spot-on and I think its become more & more apparent since last summer that they're trying to set themselves up in "have your cake & eat it too" mode wherein they can be very competitive now & set themselves up for even greater future success without much sacrifice to either.

And do it on the cheap.

I'll say this for Ainge: He's set up a team for greatness - Milwaukee.

I'm sure they are thrilled with Ainge's talent evaluation - Greek Freak, who some analysts project as the transcendent NBA star of the next five years; can't believe it's not Jaylen Brown. LOL - Brogsdon. I bet they can't wait to see who he whiffs on this year.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2017, 01:25:52 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

And do it on the cheap.

I'm sure they are thrilled with Ainge's talent evaluation - Greek Freak, who some analysts project as the transcendent NBA star of the next five years; can't believe it's not Jaylen Brown. LOL - Brogsdon. I bet they can't wait to see who he whiffs on this year.

Results are what matter, and currently Ainge has the #1 seed in the east AND the best odds for the lottery. Cant argue with that.

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2017, 01:33:29 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

And do it on the cheap.

At least you're consistent, I'll give you that.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2017, 01:34:37 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

And do it on the cheap.

The Greek Freak travels every single time he makes a move.
Maybe some day they will start called it.

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2017, 01:37:13 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
This makes me think...DON'T TRADE EITHER NETS PICK!

Given how Nets are finishing this season, I would be willing to trade it for the right guy, such as Butler, but only if we strike out on FA (can't land either Griffin or Hayward).

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2017, 02:00:05 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

And do it on the cheap.

You need to take a crap post like this somewhere else coach bo, I was as disappointed as anyone we missed out on Giannis but dude we're lined up for the next decade to dominate The League, are you really complaining go join the Sixers blog.

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2017, 02:15:56 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551

And do it on the cheap.

You need to take a crap post like this somewhere else coach bo, I was as disappointed as anyone we missed out on Giannis but dude we're lined up for the next decade to dominate The League, are you really complaining go join the Sixers blog.
We're in a good position but dominate the league for the next decade is a big stretch.  We're straddling the win now and win later approaches but neither may work out as well as we want them to. 

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2017, 02:25:07 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

And do it on the cheap.

last I checked there Skippy, Brown's having a better rookie season than Dunn who was your preferred pick this year. 

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2017, 03:46:36 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

And do it on the cheap.

last I checked there Skippy, Brown's having a better rookie season than Dunn who was your preferred pick this year.

Boom goes the dynamite! TP King! That was awesome! # Dunn Sucks!

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2017, 03:52:21 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

And do it on the cheap.

Boom goes the dynamite! TP King! That was awesome! # Dunn Sucks!
TP back at ya.  there's a reason he never goes on record with what he thinks should be done.

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2017, 04:19:22 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

I've been thinking about this; I call it "the dark side of the fast rebuild"—Ainge has been so successful in this rebuild that things have progressed much faster than expected, but with that comes the expectation from many people that the team will keep improving full-speed ahead, with no temporary plateauing at any point. I have to keep reminding myself that the team is ahead of schedule, so if the team falls short of a title this season, that's not a true letdown.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis