Author Topic: Nuggets Shopping Both Nurkic & Faried want backcourt help...  (Read 6433 times)

Re: Nuggets Shopping Both Nurkic & Faried want backcourt help...
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2017, 07:04:21 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
since when did faried became a good nba defender???

I think he is a better version of reggie evans and not more...

The Cs kind of need a better version of reggie evans right now to fill out their roster.

« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2017, 07:06:52 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Faried's one-on-one defense is pretty good. He gets lost too often on team defense though.

« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2017, 07:12:50 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
I would love to have either player here.

I think Faried would be very good because of Horford's skills on the perimeter at center. Boston can live with a low-skilled PF like Faried. It would be fantastic to have a big man with Faried's speed and athleticism in it's rotation. All those rebounds and loose balls he'd recover. Faried would be a big addition to this team.

Nurkic would be great as well. A beast in the paint. On both ends of the court. And on the boards. Just get of his way and let him do his thing.

Both guys bring physical toughness and interior play to a team. Something Boston needs.

Pretty much all of this.  Either player would fit a huge need.  Nurkic is 23!

And big.  And slow.

« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2017, 04:09:43 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I would love to have either player here.

I think Faried would be very good because of Horford's skills on the perimeter at center. Boston can live with a low-skilled PF like Faried. It would be fantastic to have a big man with Faried's speed and athleticism in it's rotation. All those rebounds and loose balls he'd recover. Faried would be a big addition to this team.

Nurkic would be great as well. A beast in the paint. On both ends of the court. And on the boards. Just get of his way and let him do his thing.

Both guys bring physical toughness and interior play to a team. Something Boston needs.

Pretty much all of this.  Either player would fit a huge need.  Nurkic is 23!

And big.  And slow.

Nurkic is not slow. He moves as well as Zeller. 

« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2017, 04:34:18 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Zizic ceiling > Nurikic

« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2017, 04:38:09 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I would take Nurkcic if cheap. Can't hurt our rebounding and his salary is nice.

« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2017, 04:43:18 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Zizic ceiling > Nurikic
this could be true(I dont know) but Nurkic is a sure thing. Zizic is still a question mark.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2017, 05:12:43 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79
Zizic ceiling > Nurikic
this could be true(I dont know) but Nurkic is a sure thing. Zizic is still a question mark.
Zizic's movement is more fluid and is a bit quicker.

His ceiling is definitely higher. Nurkic will just be getting in the way. The last thing we need is more clutter on this roster.

« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2017, 08:29:05 AM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Zizic ceiling > Nurikic
Zizic's movement is more fluid and is a bit quicker.

His ceiling is definitely higher. Nurkic will just be getting in the way. The last thing we need is more clutter on this roster.
There's enough debate between Nurkic and Zizic for me to not want that part of the trade.  I would just swap Amir for Faried which should provide immediate help in rebounding and better interior defense.  Amir has his moments but not often enough.  Faried is younger.

BTW, I am not convinced that the C's will be able to sign any big-time FA this off-season.

« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2017, 08:37:33 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Hmm, Kenneth Faried. High motor, undersized, can't shoot? Sounds like Ainge's type of guy. The only problem I see is that he can rebound. Otherwise, he's perfect.
- LilRip

« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2017, 08:59:25 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Hmm, Kenneth Faried. High motor, undersized, can't shoot? Sounds like Ainge's type of guy. The only problem I see is that he can rebound. Otherwise, he's perfect.

If people don't want Vucevic because of his salary 12 mill I can't see how anyone would want Faried because he does nothing better than Vucevic with a longer same size contract.

« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2017, 09:02:25 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I never saw the intrigue with Nurkic or Vucevic and still dont.
Both lumbering stiffs who are too slow to be effective in todays game.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2017, 09:34:20 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

I don't know about the "lumbering" part but I do know this. Vucevic is a double-double guy which is far batter than a one-dimensional player like Faried. Do I like Faried - YES but is he worth 12 mill- hell NO. The only thing he can do is rebound.

« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2017, 10:03:00 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

I don't know about the "lumbering" part but I do know this. Vucevic is a double-double guy which is far batter than a one-dimensional player like Faried. Do I like Faried - YES but is he worth 12 mill- hell NO. The only thing he can do is rebound.

I agree that Faried is overrated. He is however a much better defender than these two brutes.
My Nurkic/Vucevic comments were more of a reaction to some of the trade proposals made on CB over the years about givimg up seriously valuable assets for these two....especially Nurkic.

Anyway, the reality is that Ainge won't touch any of these guys for the reasons already discussed in this thread.
Nurkic and Vucevic are dinosaurs. They may be young but they play an outdated, European dinosaurs game where offensive size and decent post skill make Marcin Gortat look like Tim Duncan, and defense is never taught or engrained in their basketball growth.
They've always been the biggest, strongest guy on the court so playing defense was just simply standing around the rim and help defending (poorly) in the paint being a D league caliber of physical.

Very low value prospects IMO.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2017, 10:11:58 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

I agree that Faried is overrated. He is however a much better defender than these two brutes.
My Nurkic/Vucevic comments were more of a reaction to some of the trade proposals made on CB over the years about givimg up seriously valuable assets for these two....especially Nurkic.

Anyway, the reality is that Ainge won't touch any of these guys for the reasons already discussed in this thread.
Nurkic and Vucevic are dinosaurs. They may be young but they play an outdated, European dinosaurs game where offensive size and decent post skill make Marcin Gortat look like Tim Duncan, and defense is never taught or engrained in their basketball growth.
They've always been the biggest, strongest guy on the court so playing defense was just simply standing around the rim and help defending (poorly) in the paint being a D league caliber of physical.

Very low value prospects IMO.

You may be right about the dinosaur comments - I don't know for sure. What I do know is if there had to be a choice between Faried @ 12 mill and Vucevic @ 12 mill I would much rather have the latter because he does more things, he has more size. A 6'8" leaper that doesn't do anything but rebound doesn't really help us. Now as far as Nurkcic goes - his salary is much more inviting and may be worth a flyer if he can be had cheap. And personally I wouldn't give much of anything for any of these guys but my least liked guy of the 3 is Faried based on his limitations and salary. He gets us nowhere beyond where we can get without him. JMO