Author Topic: Nuggets Shopping Both Nurkic & Faried want backcourt help...  (Read 6434 times)

Nuggets Shopping Both Nurkic & Faried want backcourt help...
« on: January 27, 2017, 12:39:51 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
Not sure if anyone else already posted this but I wonder who the perfect trade partner is based on this???

According to the USA Today, the Nuggets are trying to include Jusuf Nurkic in a package deal (possibly with forward Kenneth Faried) that could bring backcourt help.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/nikola-jokic-denver-nuggets-trade-frontcourt-pieces-kenneth-faried-jusuf-nurkic/31t2y9nr3idc1tkxnutfl6yr9
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

Re: Nuggets Shopping Both Nurkic & Faried want backcourt help...
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 01:09:43 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
Start the Rozier for Nurkic thread!!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 01:10:58 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548
that is totally ridiculous. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 01:12:14 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Faried is a player Danny should take a long hard look at ..

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 01:12:50 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55

Ok oK ... you are right
How about ...

Young for Nurkic thread!!!

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 01:16:35 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
How much value do you think Nurkic has? All the information coming out is that it's a matter of when Nurkic is dealt not if. The Nuggets don't have a ton of leverage.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2017, 01:18:50 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

The Nuggets have been trying to trade Faried for multiple seasons.  I'm not saying he'd be a bad acquisition, but I'm sure the Celtics have taken a very long look at him, and that there's a reason the Nuggets have been trying so hard (in vain) to move him.

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2017, 01:19:17 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
How much value do you think Nurkic has? All the information coming out is that it's a matter of when Nurkic is dealt not if. The Nuggets don't have a ton of leverage.
Its not gonna be hard to find a suitor two for or a pretty accomplished big man on a rookie contract.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2017, 01:21:19 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

The Nuggets have been trying to trade Faried for multiple seasons.  I'm not saying he'd be a bad acquisition, but I'm sure the Celtics have taken a very long look at him, and that there's a reason the Nuggets have been trying so hard (in vain) to move him.
early in his career he was a beast rebounder who looked like he could develop into a stud defender and had a burgeoning offensive game. Since then, his rebounding has declined and his offensive growth has stagnated and most importanly hes managed to regress defensively.

People tend to be intrigued by him because they remember the beast rebounder who should be good at D of a few years ago.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2017, 01:21:32 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548
Its not gonna be hard to find a suitor two for or a pretty accomplished big man on a rookie contract.
exactly, there will be a ton of interest in Nurkic which will drive his price up.  It will take a couple of firsts (not lottery) or equivalent value for Denver to even listen.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2017, 01:22:45 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79
I'm torn because I think Zizic has a chance to be really good but Nurkic is proven.

We also need to unload a guard.

I think I would go with my gut and leave the roster spot open for Zizic and pass on Nurkic but make a play for Farried since he's different then Zizic and Nurkic. He gives the team a different play style. Nurkic and Zizic are too similar.

I'd offer Smart for Farried and a draft pick.

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2017, 01:26:17 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79

They are probably asking too much. He was once considered a top 30 player so it's possible they aren't being realistic with his current value.

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2017, 01:29:43 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
I'm torn because I think Zizic has a chance to be really good but Nurkic is proven.

We also need to unload a guard.

I think I would go with my gut and leave the roster spot open for Zizic and pass on Nurkic but make a play for Farried since he's different then Zizic and Nurkic. He gives the team a different play style. Nurkic and Zizic are too similar.

I'd offer Smart for Farried and a draft pick.

It's worth noting that Zizic's age 19 Adriatic League per-36 stats are almost exactly the same as Nurkic, only Zizic played almost twice as many minutes as Nurkic did.

They're indeed very similar players, to the point where maybe it doesn't really make sense to invest significant assets into Nurkic.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2017, 01:33:52 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

early in his career he was a beast rebounder who looked like he could develop into a stud defender and had a burgeoning offensive game. Since then, his rebounding has declined and his offensive growth has stagnated and most importanly hes managed to regress defensively.

People tend to be intrigued by him because they remember the beast rebounder who should be good at D of a few years ago.

I disagree

The nuggets have a surplus up front.  Jokic is grabbing lots of rebounds as well.  Mudiay loves to grab rebounds and run

Faried doesnt need to prove himself. And is locked up to a nice contract.  This said, his fire has also gone down the drain

I dunno if you can totally blame him as the nuggets have sukked for a long time

He would be rejuvanated if traded to the Celtics. He is still capable to grab 13-15 rebounds (has done it several times this season) and is a versatile defender. Has a reliable mid range jump shot

Trade idea

To Nuggets: Rozier, Young, Amir, 2017 all 2nd round picks
To Celtics: Faried, Nurkic, mike miller

Celtics lineup

Horford
Faried
Crowder
AB
IT4

Nurkic
KO
Brown
Green
Smart/Jackson

Finally some size/rebounding help upfront.

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2017, 01:35:40 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
tough call a trade for Faried impacts the Cs cap in the off-season and doesn't put them in contention with the Cavs. Nurkic is a nice fit who may ultimately be redundant with Zizic. Granted Zizic isn't helping this season and isn't proven but to sacrifice assets for Nurkic may not be a good idea. 
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet