Author Topic: After tonights game vs Cavs, I am ready to go all in on Boogie  (Read 6911 times)

Re: After tonights game vs Cavs, I am ready to go all in on Boogie
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2016, 07:01:03 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
He is the missing piece to make us a contender.This team will be lucky to get out of the first rd with the current roster, with 2nd rd as a ceiling. Cousins gives us a stud to play next to Horford down low, gives us another go to scorer and improves our 3pt shooting. He has also played with IT before so they should have pretty good chemistry.

Bos sends: Amir, Rozier, Jaylen, nets 2017 , future picks(not brk 18)
Sac sends: Boogie

IT.        / Smart
AB       / Green
Jae.     /Jerebko
Horford/ KO
Cousins/ Sanders?

That team is ready to contend, get it done Danny!
The Kings aint getting anything better than that.
And they should also know that holding onto him will be pointless as he will leave via FA...no way he stays in Sacramento .

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2016, 07:04:55 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
Cousin's is in the same mode as Smart, Crowder. He would be a perfect fit. And if he played for us, Lebron would have to find his teeth in his poop the next morning.

Best quote ever...hahahhaa

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2016, 07:11:11 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
Ill try as much as I can to hold on to Jaylen but if he is holding up the trade then id ship him pronto...yes Jaylen is going to be special believe me but with the Kings he will be getting the PT he deserves and will be a 15 ppg scorer in that lineup and speed up his development.
DC is exactly the big man this soft team needs
I will trade KO Jaylen rights to Zizic if we have to Rozier and one one the Brooklyn picks..give em both if they want just get Boogie to Boston.

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2016, 07:40:07 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
He is the missing piece to make us a contender.This team will be lucky to get out of the first rd with the current roster, with 2nd rd as a ceiling. Cousins gives us a stud to play next to Horford down low, gives us another go to scorer and improves our 3pt shooting. He has also played with IT before so they should have pretty good chemistry.

IT.        / Smart
AB       / Green
Jae.     /Jerebko
Horford/ KO
Cousins/ Sanders?

And they should also know that holding onto him will be pointless as he will leave via FA...no way he stays in Sacramento .

I think you're forgetting Denver.

They have this years Grizzlies pick, their own pick (which will be a high lottery), Jokic or Nurkic, Murray, Chandler, Faried ect.

Plus their coach is Mike Malone

Not much difference between those options and ours

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2016, 08:35:33 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

IT.        / Smart
AB       / Green
Jae.     /Jerebko
Horford/ KO
Cousins/ Sanders?

They have this years Grizzlies pick, their own pick (which will be a high lottery), Jokic or Nurkic, Murray, Chandler, Faried ect.

If Denver acquires Cousins, Denver is making the playoffs as the 8th seed.  Heck they are tied for 8th right now with Sacramento.  Now Denver can certainly offer better player assets as both Nurkic and Jokic are better young players than anyone on Boston, but the draft pick assets aren't nearly as good.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2016, 09:11:33 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
I've been all aboard the Cousins train for a long time, and agree you give Sacremento what they want within reason.
Brown and the Brooklyn picks are more then fair, the guy is a top 10 player in the world.. they don't come cheap.
I also disagree with those who say he doesn't make us a contender, he absolutely does. While he might not make us better than Golden State, I definitely think his physicality makes us a threat to Cleveland.

Yes he is a headcase and a cancer but to put it in context I compare him to Moss and Corey Dillon.
Different sports I know, but both were considered cancers on their prior teams. Once put in a winning environment they were studs and helped the Pats dominate. I think Cousins is worth the risk and feel he can and will change his attitude on a winning team.

I mean Sacramento is the Walmart of NBA teams, no employee is happy working there.

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2016, 09:27:49 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
If anything this game tells me not to deal for Cousins

LeBron>Cousins
Irving>IT
Love>Horford

Smart, Brown, Crowder, Jerekbo, Zeller combo killed it. Build around Smart, Brown, and Crowder. Trade IT for Parker. Trade AB for another top 10 pick this draft. And keep building through the draft.

That makes no sense after signing Horford.  IT is going nowhere - he is putting up career numbers, All-Star numbers, and is making $6M...the same as Tyler Zeller.  AB is also going nowhere for the same reasons.  There is zero reason to trade any of the productive veterans on this roster.

I am not sure what people expected to see from them against Cleveland on the road.  This is not the same Cavs team they beat last year.  I don't believe they even have the same coach.  If the game was closer throughout, but they still lost by 6, would the feeling be any different?

Everyone who watches this team knows the weaknesses.  Rebounding.  3-pt shooting.  Shot distribution (see Horfords attempts vs. the guards).

I don't think they are far off from being as good as Toronto as most seem to think.  If they replaced Zeller with a functional rebounding/defensive big who could either pair with Horford or sub for him, they would be in a better position. 

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2016, 09:39:34 AM »

Offline straightouttabahstun

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • That's turrible
I would really not want to trade Jaylen Brown.  That kid has the tools and the work ethic to become a perennial All Star. Seriously. Build through the draft and make sure to keep Smart and Bradley. That's the way to go. No one is beating Cleveland or GSW for the next couple of years.

« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2016, 10:08:17 AM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
For me the big question right now is timelines. We didn't sign Horford so we could be 5 years from a title, but do we realistically have a shot at winning one while Al is still in his prime? I'm down to go all-in if we know it gives us a title window. But given how strong the league's top teams are, it's definitely a gamble.

On the other hand, our best assets are Brown, the guard trio, and the picks - maybe not in that order. I think Danny's ultimate goal is to build for the future AND be a contender now. It's an audacious plan but one that is made possible with the BKN picks and Brad's mastery. If we can entice a FA this summer like Hayward (or even Noel, depending on $$$), we take a definite step in that direction. This lineup would be something to reckon with:

IT
AB
Hayward
Horford
Noel

I don't know if that's even possible given our cap situation, but that's how we put together a contender without giving away our best assets. I would LOVE Boogie on this team, but I don't see SAC trading him. And next year he'll be an expiring contract and the trade value will plummet. Wait it out.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2016, 10:16:29 AM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Cousins to Celtics is a DEAL that MUST be DONE.

Yup. As the saying goes, "it's about rebounding, stupid." 56-35 last night couldn't have said it better.

Noel is sitting there like ripe fruit, too. Still nothing. How long must we endure Zeller and Olynyk getting pushed around inside? And AJ's disappearing act?

Cousins is probably the only guy who could vault them into contention, if they could get him without trading their starters.

If I were the Kings, I would be very interested in Jaylen Brown, who looks like a good one. Brown, combined with the Nets picks, would be a nice haul. The basis for a deal.

« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2016, 10:24:02 AM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
You want Sale (I mean Cousins), you got to blow 'em away with a deal. You got to make them the right offer.  You can't be Danny Ainge. You got to be Dave Dombrowski, who isn't afraid to use talent to get the talent he knows the team needs.

Use your chips, Danny. Put 'em all on the table.

« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2016, 10:30:23 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2016, 10:46:50 AM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
You want Sale (I mean Cousins), you got to blow 'em away with a deal. You got to make them the right offer.  You can't be Danny Ainge. You got to be Dave Dombrowski, who isn't afraid to use talent to get the talent he knows the team needs.

Use your chips, Danny. Put 'em all on the table.

Demarcus should've already been on the team by now. SAC isn't doing well enough to turn down three top-3 picks, let alone 2 of them. That was technically the price for Kevin Love.

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2016, 10:52:55 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell

IT.        / Smart
AB       / Green
Jae.     /Jerebko
Horford/ KO
Cousins/ Sanders?

The difference is if they do that, theyd have gutted their team and how else will they compete...they might make the playoffs short term but from Cousins point of view he is in the same boat as he is in Sacramento.
Plus those picks are not gettin the Kings enticed...its a pick that will be in the 8th to 12th which if im the Kings id rather prefer the 17 Nets pick( assured top 3 if it doesnt fall in the lotto) plus the upside of JB and the lure of the 18 Nets pick which is certainly goin to be high lotto again.

« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2016, 11:09:40 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Is there any sign that Cousins is available? Has Cousins said anything about being seriously unsatisfied in Sacramento? Are there any rumors, not started on this forum, that the Kings are thinking about making him available?

This incessant drooling over Demarcus Cousins, a player that has already been pair with IT, with terrible results mind you, is more "open prayer" than anything else. We can't just tread water until Cousins becomes available.