Author Topic: After tonights game vs Cavs, I am ready to go all in on Boogie  (Read 6921 times)

Re: After tonights game vs Cavs, I am ready to go all in on Boogie
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2016, 11:53:47 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
If anything this game tells me not to deal for Cousins

LeBron>Cousins
Irving>IT
Love>Horford

Smart, Brown, Crowder, Jerekbo, Zeller combo killed it. Build around Smart, Brown, and Crowder. Trade IT for Parker. Trade AB for another top 10 pick this draft. And keep building through the draft.

How long to 18 on your plan?
Championships are never guaranteed but I can tell you for sure Cousins wouldn't be enough.

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2016, 11:55:46 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Here's the Kings roster and ages sorted by ppg.  I cut it off at 5 ppg.

Player         Position     Age
DeMarcus Cousins, PF  26
Rudy Gay, SF  30
Darren Collison, PG  29
Ty Lawson, PG  29
Garrett Temple, SG 30
Arron Afflalo, SG  31
Matt Barnes, SF  36
Omri Casspi, SF  28
Ben McLemore, SG  23
Jordan Farmar, PG  30
Kosta Koufos, C  27
Anthony Tolliver, PF  31

This team is old and they have already traded away their 2017 and 2019 first round picks.  Their team is screwed.  The 2017 pick is protected for the top ten, but they are currently just outside that range.  Trading away Boogie will guarantee they get that pick and they will pick up a load of good picks and young players from the Celts.  It's the logical thing to do. 

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2016, 12:00:05 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

DeMarcus Cousins, PF  26
Rudy Gay, SF  30
Darren Collison, PG  29
Ty Lawson, PG  29
Garrett Temple, SG 30
Arron Afflalo, SG  31
Matt Barnes, SF  36
Omri Casspi, SF  28
Ben McLemore, SG  23
Jordan Farmar, PG  30
Kosta Koufos, C  27
Anthony Tolliver, PF  31

This team is old and they have already traded away their 2017 and 2019 first round picks.  Their team is screwed.  The 2017 pick is protected for the top ten, but they are currently just outside that range.  Trading away Boogie will guarantee they get that pick and they will pick up a load of good picks and young players from the Celts.  It's the logical thing to do.
Logical is not the King's M.O.

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2016, 12:03:42 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930

DeMarcus Cousins, PF  26
Rudy Gay, SF  30
Darren Collison, PG  29
Ty Lawson, PG  29
Garrett Temple, SG 30
Arron Afflalo, SG  31
Matt Barnes, SF  36
Omri Casspi, SF  28
Ben McLemore, SG  23
Jordan Farmar, PG  30
Kosta Koufos, C  27
Anthony Tolliver, PF  31

This team is old and they have already traded away their 2017 and 2019 first round picks.  Their team is screwed.  The 2017 pick is protected for the top ten, but they are currently just outside that range.  Trading away Boogie will guarantee they get that pick and they will pick up a load of good picks and young players from the Celts. It's the logical thing to do.

That's the problem - we're not talking about logical management here lol

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2016, 12:04:35 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

DeMarcus Cousins, PF  26
Rudy Gay, SF  30
Darren Collison, PG  29
Ty Lawson, PG  29
Garrett Temple, SG 30
Arron Afflalo, SG  31
Matt Barnes, SF  36
Omri Casspi, SF  28
Ben McLemore, SG  23
Jordan Farmar, PG  30
Kosta Koufos, C  27
Anthony Tolliver, PF  31

Logical is not the King's M.O.

No, it's not.  Vivek has been awful for that franchise.

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2016, 12:24:19 AM »

Offline Pucaccia

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
Cousin's is in the same mode as Smart, Crowder. He would be a perfect fit. And if he played for us, Lebron would have to find his teeth in his poop the next morning.

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2016, 12:31:49 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
If he's available, I'm on board the Cousins train. The guys fills two huge holes: scoring and rebounding. Having Cousins and Horford would be a deadly combo as both can space the floor and score in the post.

Amir, Rozier, Young, 2017 and 2018 BKN picks and even throw in our own 2019 unprotected pick. That's 3 first rounders, a vet, and an interesting guard prospect in Rozier for a Kings roster that's been drafting centers for the past few years. Isn't that the going rate for superstars? I think Melo and Dwight were traded for a similar package.
- LilRip

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2016, 01:01:37 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Cousin's is in the same mode as Smart, Crowder. He would be a perfect fit. And if he played for us, Lebron would have to find his teeth in his poop the next morning.
Cousins is completely different than Smart and Crowder. His attitude is more like what Rasheed would have been if Rasheed was more of a narcissist.

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2016, 01:05:01 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I've been "ALL IN" since the beginning of the season.  Those dumb picks are useless. 

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2016, 01:22:46 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Most of you would have traded Pierce for Shaq and that didn't happen.

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2016, 01:32:32 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Yeah, anyone who doesn't think that Cousins is worth Brown plus the remaining brooklyn picks (and more) doesn't understand nba player value.  Value for value we would still come out on top.

The problem is that Cousin is pretty much a psycho.  A complete mental case that probably won't win a title as the lead dog.  So even given the talent, I would not touch the guy.

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2016, 01:34:29 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Yeah, anyone who doesn't think that Cousins is worth Brown plus the remaining brooklyn picks (and more) doesn't understand nba player value.  Value for value we would still come out on top.

The problem is that Cousin is pretty much a psycho.  A complete mental case that probably won't win a title as the lead dog.  So even given the talent, I would not touch the guy.

Agreed on probably all accounts (BKN '17 could be special). 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2016, 02:30:25 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I would not trade Brown. There are other ways to get big men. Boogie is rare but Brown's value is just fine and those picks.

« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2016, 02:31:57 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
C's are more dangerous with attacking wings and Jaylen is perfect for brad's system.  Jaylen needs to attack more.

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2016, 04:10:30 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
If anything this game tells me not to deal for Cousins

LeBron>Cousins
Irving>IT
Love>Horford

Smart, Brown, Crowder, Jerekbo, Zeller combo killed it. Build around
Smart, Brown, and Crowder. Trade IT for Parker. Trade AB for another top 10 pick this draft. And keep building through the draft.

I wouldn't trade Ab but your thinking is sound. Smart, Brown, Crowder, Jerekbo, Zeller did kill it and that's the good news if Brad repeats the combo in future. Smart, Brown, AB are your building blocks. Isn't AB just 25 and improving every year. He's also not undersized playing between Brown and Smart where he can defend point guards like he should be.

I think there are a lot of positives to building (primarily) through the draft, but here's where I question that strategy: You need superstars to win in today's NBA, and of all the guys you mentioned, Brown is the only one who, in my view, still has the potential to become a superstar (emphasis on potential; I think the odds of that happening are very small).

Let's say Boston doesn't cash in assets in a trade for a superstar; let's also say Boston signs no superstar free agent anytime soon (mainly because that market is pretty thin over the next few years, with most of the big-time FAs likely to stay with their current teams). That means Boston's best shot at landing a superstar (or two) is through the draft, but that's a crapshoot. Boston should end up with a top-five pick in the next draft, and maybe the one after that too, but a top-5 pick doesn't guarantee a superstar; heck, a No. 1 pick doesn't guarantee a superstar. And even if Boston does grab a superstar or two through the draft, that won't all materialize into something significant until probably 4 or 5 years from now, maybe longer.

That's a lot of ifs and maybes, and seems to have the lowest odds of working out, given that it's based on unknowns instead of proven players. Is that route really the way to go?
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis