Author Topic: So no one else sees what the actual problem is?  (Read 9496 times)

Re: So no one else sees what the actual problem is?
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2016, 05:54:45 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
"Problem" is overstated, because I don't actually think this team has had a "problem" beyond lacking a superstar and dealing with some key injuries.   But the key issue last night beyond just being completely out of our league playing against the Warriors, is that our lineup is microscopic in size.  You got 5'9 Ant Man at PG.  You got 6'2 Bradley at SG.  You got 6'4 French Fries at SF.  6'9 Amir Johnson playing Center... slightly offset by 7 foot Klynyk playing PF, but Klynyk has T-Rex arms.  He has a wingspan of 6'9.   That's a really really small lineup.  In fact, that PG/SG/SF lineup might be the smallest in history... or at least since the 1950s.  Can you think of a single modern basketball team that started a 5'9, 6'2 and 6'4 player together?  I certainly can't.  Less of a problem once Amir and Jae come back.

THIS^

Playing small with good size, and length at each position is one thing, playing tiny with undersized, non-physical players at every position is another thing.

To me "small ball" is having a stretch 4 & 5 on the floor to draw the opposing bigs away from the basket. Giving your hopefully quicker smalls a chance to get to the rim.

Not going so small you are at physical impairment, and getting manhandled.

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2016, 05:54:47 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Rebounding and interior defense has been our problem for years.

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2016, 05:55:04 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
Health of rotational players.

don't bring that noise in here. there's plenty of other threads we're excuses are acceptable.

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2016, 05:55:20 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
You still haven't told us what the problem is and how to correct it.  The suspense is killing me.

lol, watch the game tonight(if you can). i'd say in at least 6-8 of the 12 games we've played this yr. it's been there. Golden State really keyed on it.

I don't know why you won't just tell us about this secret you've discovered.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2016, 05:58:04 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen

rebounding certainly is in the mix but like I said this is something correctible with the current roster...in theory.

I implore everyone to watch tonight or re-watch the GS game. it was really obvious in the GS game. Dallas too. it seems like it's getting worse.

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2016, 05:59:10 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

rebounding certainly is in the mix but like I said this is something correctible with the current roster...in theory.

I implore everyone to watch tonight or re-watch the GS game. it was really obvious in the GS game. Dallas too. it seems like it's getting worse.

shot making? poor starts to the half?
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2016, 05:59:41 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

Turnovers.

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2016, 06:00:27 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
You still haven't told us what the problem is and how to correct it.  The suspense is killing me.

lol, watch the game tonight(if you can). i'd say in at least 6-8 of the 12 games we've played this yr. it's been there. Golden State really keyed on it.

I don't know why you won't just tell us about this secret you've discovered.

also, I don't want to just say it because people need to see it for themselves. hopefully Detroit accommodates and have done their homework.

and No i'm not exactly hoping for a loss but if it corrects the problem faster then sure i'll sacrifice a game.

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2016, 06:02:17 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen

shot making?

we're getting warmer.

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2016, 06:02:58 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen

Turnovers.

Warmer!

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2016, 06:04:27 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker

shot making?

we're getting warmer.

is it our offensive sets and plays, in general?
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2016, 06:04:40 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
"Problem" is overstated, because I don't actually think this team has had a "problem" beyond lacking a superstar and dealing with some key injuries.   But the key issue last night beyond just being completely out of our league playing against the Warriors, is that our lineup is microscopic in size.  You got 5'9 Ant Man at PG.  You got 6'2 Bradley at SG.  You got 6'4 French Fries at SF.  6'9 Amir Johnson playing Center... slightly offset by 7 foot Klynyk playing PF, but Klynyk has T-Rex arms.  He has a wingspan of 6'9.   That's a really really small lineup.  In fact, that PG/SG/SF lineup might be the smallest in history... or at least since the 1950s.  Can you think of a single modern basketball team that started a 5'9, 6'2 and 6'4 player together?  I certainly can't.  Less of a problem once Amir and Jae come back.

THIS^

Playing small with good size, and length at each position is one thing, playing tiny with undersized, non-physical players at every position is another thing.

To me "small ball" is having a stretch 4 & 5 on the floor to draw the opposing bigs away from the basket. Giving your hopefully quicker smalls a chance to get to the rim.

Not going so small you are at physical impairment, and getting manhandled.
Yeah you can't have a historically small lineup going against a team with that kind of length. 

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2016, 06:05:31 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen

shot making?

we're getting warmer.

no.

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2016, 06:09:11 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker

shot making?

we're getting warmer.

no.

so, shot making, and turnovers, are "warmer". hmmm.

and if Detroit does their homework, they'll exploit it, right? but it'll serve as a learning opportunity to correct it? i can't imaging it's related to personnel....i gotta think on this one some more.

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2016, 06:16:21 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen

shot making?

we're getting warmer.

no.

so, shot making, and turnovers, are "warmer". hmmm.

and if Detroit does their homework, they'll exploit it, right? but it'll serve as a learning opportunity to correct it? i can't imaging it's related to personnel....i gotta think on this one some more.

something teams are doing to us. and we could rectify by simply choosing not do something and change up our mind set.