Poll

If deal goes down, who would you want on this team: Blake or Boogie?

Blake Griffin
12 (8.8%)
DeMarcus "Boogie" Cousins
93 (68.4%)
It depends on the assets we give up
28 (20.6%)
Neither
2 (1.5%)
Rather we hold onto our assets and get someone else (please name)
1 (0.7%)

Total Members Voted: 136

Author Topic: POLL: If deal goes down, who would you want on this team: Blake or Boogie?  (Read 6798 times)

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Cousins.  I'm so sick of our tallest player being 6'9"  (BTW, I don't believe Horford is 6"11".)

Zeller's a legit 7 feet  ;D

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Don't see why clips would trade Griffin unless they are getting a player that can keep them a contending team with CP3 getting older.

Cousins deal makes a lot more sense for both teams.

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Blake- because Cousins has been a malcontent everywhere he has played and for every coach he has played for--no reason to believe he will suddenly become a team player.

He got along great with Mike Malone
1 for 6!

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
Haha it's literally like 43 to 1 right now in favor of Boogie! At least we got that right! Cleveland doesn't have anyone to stop Cousins in the low post. They'd probably be mad that they let Mozgov walk, who could at least hold his ground with his size and mass.

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
I'm in the camp that thinks this is all hogwash but if a deal were on the table, I think I'd go Griffin. I love Cousins' game and I absolutely love the idea of playing him with Horford and beating teams up on the inside while still being able to stretch the defense from every position. But I'm still afraid of bringing in Cousins. I just hear such terrible things about him.

If there was some kind of reassurance that he'd calm down and comitt under Stevens with this team around him, then I'd love to get Cousins in here.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Cousins - that's an absolute no brainer. 

Better scorer then Blake, better rebounder, better defender, better health history.

Both are headcases, so I'll take the guy with greater talent which is Cousins by a mile.

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
From what I'm seeing on the tweets, it's about Griffin, not Cousins. 3 way Griffin-Gay-Crowder plus other pieces. Likely Pierce would come to Boston, too, for final season. The latter is just a hunch, not a rumor.

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Blake. Hands down.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Blake is a better passer but Cousins is a better scorer, shooter, defender and rebounder (on both ends). If they came at the same price, it'd be hard to turn down a Cousins deal.

Regardless, I'd be happy with either of them.
- LilRip

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
Blake is a better passer but Cousins is a better scorer, shooter, defender and rebounder (on both ends). If they came at the same price, it'd be hard to turn down a Cousins deal.

Regardless, I'd be happy with either of them.

Plus even if Blake is a better passer, Cousins is still one of the top 10 passing bigs in the NBA. 

In fact, in 2015-16 Cousins ranked equal 6th among all NBA bigs in assists per game, with the top 10 being:

1. Draymond Green - 7.4
2. Blake Griffin - 4.9
3. Pau Gasol - 4.1
4. Marc Gasol - 3.8
5. Joakhim Noah - 3.8
6. Demarcus Cousins - 3.3
7.  Paul Millsap - 3.3
8. Al Horford - 3.2
9. Mason Plumlee - 2.8
10. Nikola Vucevic - 2.8

That's despite having Rajon Rondo on the team, who led the NBA in assists. 

Kinda shocked to see Mason Plumlee on that list, didn't realise he was such a skilled passer!!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 02:14:11 AM by crimson_stallion »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Proudly reppin' 'neither', brahs (sarcasm), lol ;D.

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

I'd choose Boogie too -- seems unanimous -- and I know you're joking, but I'm not sure I would jump at any offer for him. Those BKN picks, especially '17, could end up being incredibly valuable IMO. And importantly, our window for contention is probably a few years removed -- harsh reality, but no one is competing with GS (except CLE) in the foreseeable future. So I'm actually coming around to holding onto these picks, drafting a few studs, and building a unit together. Heck, that's exactly what the pre-Durant, championship GSW did!
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

I'd choose Boogie too -- seems unanimous -- and I know you're joking, but I'm not sure I would jump at any offer for him. Those BKN picks, especially '17, could end up being incredibly valuable IMO. And importantly, our window for contention is probably a few years removed -- harsh reality, but no one is competing with GS (except CLE) in the foreseeable future. So I'm actually coming around to holding onto these picks, drafting a few studs, and building a unit together. Heck, that's exactly what the pre-Durant, championship GSW did!

For once, I'm not joking, haha.  I don't want either of them, as I'd prefer to build through the draft, but...*facepalm* ;D.

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo

I disagree.

If we could get a starting 5 of Thomas, Bradley, Crowder, Horford and Cousins - I think that would be a tough lineup for any team (including Golden State) to beat.

I think that lineup is better then Cleveland's, personally. 

Addition of Durant obviously makes the Warriors tougher, but I think that if we add Cousins (even if it takes both Brooklyn picks and filler) then I think we immediately become a top 3 team in the NBA...and we may be able to do it while still maintaining enough cap space for a max free agent next year.

Cousins is only on $16.9M this year, so we could match salary without too much trouble.

Lets say we send Amir Johnson, James Young, Jordan Mickey, RJ Hunter  and both Brooklyn picks - that's $16.2M in contracts going out.

They send us Demarcus Cousins and Caron Butler.

Gives us the following rotation:

PG: I.Thomas / T.Rozier / M.Smart / D.Jackson
SG: A.Bradley / M.Smart / T.Rozier / A.NAder
SF: J.Crowder / J.Brown / C.Butler / M. Smart / J. Jerebko
PF: A.Horford / K. Olynyk / J.Jerebko
C: D.Cousins / K.Olynyk / T.Zeller

I know it's a lot giving up both Brooklyn picks, but this lineup is an instant title contender.  We not only add Horford and Cousins to last year's (already impressive) starting lineup, but we also maintain a lot of the bench depth that allowed us to be so competitive last season.

We also maintain a handful of few prospects with very legit upside (Smart, Rozier, Brown, Yabusele, Zizic) along with plenty of picks still remaining over the next few years.

If things don't work out it's a fairly low risk move - Cousins, Crowder, Bradley, Thomas and Brown are all going to have strong value on the trade market with their low priced contracts.  There will also always be veteran teams with playoff aspirations wiling to give up assets for suitors for a guy like Horford.

Seriously though, I'd be shocked if that team didn't find success.  That roster gives you everything - scoring, defense, rebounding, passing, outside shooting.  Every single guy in that starting five is a three point threat, while positions 2-5 are all plus defenders.  It think it's a team that's much tougher then the sum of it's parts (which is quite substantial as it is).

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
it depends on assets we give in the trade
but knowing the kings
they'd probably undersell so we wont give as much

either way
i'd prefer demarcus cousins