Poll

If deal goes down, who would you want on this team: Blake or Boogie?

Blake Griffin
12 (8.8%)
DeMarcus "Boogie" Cousins
93 (68.4%)
It depends on the assets we give up
28 (20.6%)
Neither
2 (1.5%)
Rather we hold onto our assets and get someone else (please name)
1 (0.7%)

Total Members Voted: 136

Author Topic: POLL: If deal goes down, who would you want on this team: Blake or Boogie?  (Read 6774 times)

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I've always been a Boogie guy, so I'll stick with him, although, I do like Blake a lot too.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Cousins.  I'm so sick of our tallest player being 6'9"  (BTW, I don't believe Horford is 6"11".)

Offline Pvictor11

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 62
Cousins also makes Horford happier, who allegedly wants to play more 4.  Blake isn't as equipped to play the 5.

That's true and this is another reason why Cousins is a better choice. I believe COusins is youger too, he is 26 and Griffin is 27.
Brazilian Celtic Fan!

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Cousins also makes Horford happier, who allegedly wants to play more 4.  Blake isn't as equipped to play the 5.

That's true and this is another reason why Cousins is a better choice. I believe COusins is youger too, he is 26 and Griffin is 27.

Blake's 27, Cuz turns 26 in a month, so not a huge age difference, but Cuz is younger.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

Offline CoachBS#1

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
Cousins and it's not even close, GO CELTICS!!!

Offline CoachBS#1

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
Brad Stevens could make Cousins the NBA MVP!!!

Offline Pvictor11

• Al Horford

Blake's 27, Cuz turns 26 in a month, so not a huge age difference, but Cuz is younger.

It's not a big difference, I was just pointing out that Cousins is the best player and the most versatile of the two, while also being younger. So other than a potential locker room problem, all the reasons points out to Cousins being the better option for us, in the present and for the future.
Brazilian Celtic Fan!

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93
Blake- because Cousins has been a malcontent everywhere he has played and for every coach he has played for--no reason to believe he will suddenly become a team player.
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

Offline Pvictor11

• Al Horford
Blake- because Cousins has been a malcontent everywhere he has played and for every coach he has played for--no reason to believe he will suddenly become a team player.

Was he a problem at Kentucky ?  I'm from Brazil and we get almost nothing of college basketball here, which is very sad by the way.
Brazilian Celtic Fan!

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Cousins is younger and the better talent of the two. 

Neither is a "safe" bet.

I think Boogie would be a more difficult to handle chess piece on the board for opponents to try and gameplan against.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Let the preface this by saying I'd take both.

Put a gun to my head and I'll say Griffin over Cousins. They are bother top 10 players in the league. With the way the C's play, I think he would be a better fit and provide me flexibility.

Offline Pvictor11

• Al Horford
Cousins is A LOT better than Griffin. The only thing that Griffin is better is punching staff members in the face I guess.
Brazilian Celtic Fan!

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

He got along great with Mike Malone
I'm bitter.

Offline Pvictor11

• Al Horford
Let the preface this by saying I'd take both.

Put a gun to my head and I'll say Griffin over Cousins. They are bother top 10 players in the league. With the way the C's play, I think he would be a better fit and provide me flexibility.

I think Cousins is a top 10 player, Griffin isn't. And I think Cousins is the one who provides more flexibility, since he can play the 4 and the 5, because of his ability to shoot long jumpers with consistency and 3 pointers too. Griffin can't play the 5 spot in my opinion. He doesn't defend well, doesn't rebound well and doesn't alter/block shots at the rim
Brazilian Celtic Fan!

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Cousins. Griffin is very good, but Cousins is better. There's a pretty big gap between being a 27/12/3 plus defender with 2 years of control and a 21/8/5 average defender with one year. They both seem to have locker room issues. Unless we really believe Griffin is being held back in LAC land by Jordan and/or coaching staff. Once upon a time he averaged those kinds of rebounds, and once upon a time he put up 24 ppg on 17 shots. If he could return to form, it would be a lot closer.

Regardless the contract is a big deal. You better be ready to spend $150M+ on him this summer if you trade a lot for Griffin.