Author Topic: Woj says we aren't getting an allstar  (Read 6355 times)

Re: Woj says we aren't getting an allstar
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2016, 02:50:18 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
HEY Woj!!

an allstar just went for the 12th pick...
what else do you have for us???
Remind me what trade this was?

did you not see that Teague went to Ind, George Hill to Utah and Atl gets #12??

« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2016, 02:50:28 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
HEY Woj!!

Jeff teague.
2014 all star.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2016, 02:50:55 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
HEY Woj!!

Teague to Indi, Hill to Utah, #12 to ATL
I'm bitter.

« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2016, 02:52:00 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Thanks guys.  And no, I missed that one completely.

« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2016, 02:53:24 PM »

Offline elcotte

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 52
Another classic "water is wet" story from Woj.

Why people consider him an NBA oracle escapes me.

Ainge is doing his due diligence before he spins that dog pick to Philly for Okafor or Noel. Nothing more. Nothing less.

He's extremely well plugged in, so when he reports that something is happening, it's happening.

When it comes to his articles, analysis, and speculation, though, he tends to do people favors and play favorites.  Look at all the stuff he put out about Lebron when he was a FA: Woj doesn't like him and it showed.  Same goes for those mysterious times when someone appears on his show and then magically there's a puff piece about that person or someone closely tied to them.  He's a really plugged in reporter, but at times it seems like he may be a little too plugged in

He's not as plugged in as the myth that surrounds him.

I could have told you a month ago Ainge wasn't going to get an all-star for the third pick in a two-player draft. The best he's going to be able to do - and should do - is a young player who projects as an all-star later with growth in their game. Hint, hint.

Guess no one else is all that excited either about the Euromistake, eh? I wish some of you guys were running the Bulls so we could trade Blender for Jimmy Butler. LOL.

;D

You could've said a lot of things but you didn't except to bash the draft. Love to see you run a team. It sure wouldn't be long.

« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2016, 02:54:59 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
HEY Woj!!

Jeff teague.
2014 all star.

Yep. Woj is full of it saying #3 can't get you an all-star in a package deal. The Teague trade just showed proof of the market value for picks in this draft.

The fact that this deal was announced now instead of tomorrow night makes me think some agents decided to make it official early to set market values for ongoing trade talks involving their other clients, possibly in response to Woj's bs statement.

« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2016, 02:57:55 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

Ainge is doing his due diligence before he spins that dog pick to Philly for Okafor or Noel. Nothing more. Nothing less.

He's extremely well plugged in, so when he reports that something is happening, it's happening.

When it comes to his articles, analysis, and speculation, though, he tends to do people favors and play favorites.  Look at all the stuff he put out about Lebron when he was a FA: Woj doesn't like him and it showed.  Same goes for those mysterious times when someone appears on his show and then magically there's a puff piece about that person or someone closely tied to them.  He's a really plugged in reporter, but at times it seems like he may be a little too plugged in

I could have told you a month ago Ainge wasn't going to get an all-star for the third pick in a two-player draft. The best he's going to be able to do - and should do - is a young player who projects as an all-star later with growth in their game. Hint, hint.

Guess no one else is all that excited either about the Euromistake, eh? I wish some of you guys were running the Bulls so we could trade Blender for Jimmy Butler. LOL.

;D

You could've said a lot of things but you didn't except to bash the draft. Love to see you run a team. It sure wouldn't be long.

This draft stinks. I stand behind it, and I laugh at people who think there is value at 23, for example.

I'd run a team a LOT longer than 90 percent of the people who post on this blog.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2016, 02:57:55 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Teague trade just puts more pressure on Philly to get Dunn.

Wonder if the Celts can pry Millsap for the #3?

« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2016, 03:00:56 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

;D

This draft stinks. I stand behind it, and I laugh at people who think there is value at 23, for example.

I'd run a team a LOT longer than 90 percent of the people who post on this blog.

100% of this blog would run a team into the ground.  Being in the top 10% of that trainwreck isn't exactly impressive
I'm bitter.

« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2016, 03:03:04 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I'm sure your Dad could beat up their Dad too.

« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2016, 03:03:48 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
100% of this blog would run a team into the ground.  Being in the top 10% of that trainwreck isn't exactly impressive
So we're all sending resumes to Knicks/Kings then?  ;)

Cool.

« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2016, 03:10:17 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Wonder if the Celts can pry Millsap for the #3?
Probably not unless Horford is definitely gone and they elect for a full blown rebuild. Given that FA isn't till after the draft and they're hoping to resign Horford its incredibly unlikely.

« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2016, 03:20:23 PM »

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656
Well, Rose was traded to the knicks, so you can cross Butler off the wish list.  It's not happening.

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.

« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2016, 03:25:17 PM »

Offline BigDogPitbull

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 29
Trade for the Everett kid.  Try to get a future first or a low first too.  This is getting stupid.

« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2016, 03:27:56 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
Well, Rose was traded to the knicks, so you can cross Butler off the wish list.  It's not happening.

That's just as much of the beginning of a blow-up as it is a build-up move of any sort. As it stands now, they're not even close to a playoff team next year.