Author Topic: Just keep Rondo, makes all the sense in the World  (Read 1054 times)

Just keep Rondo, makes all the sense in the World
« on: September 02, 2014, 08:15:30 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
The way I see it , it makes no sense to trade Rondo for anything other than a blue chip talent or high (top 5-10) draft pick .

- We own the bird rights and can offer more than any other team if Rondo has a good year .
- We have insurance if Rondo walks in Smart on a 4yr rookie contract.
- Why take less than Rondo is worth just to get something? If we miss out on Ben McLemore, and mid first rd picks, who cares . We can still work out a S+ T in the off-season for a 1st rd pick , and still have Smart there to replace Rondo next year.
- What if Smart plays great next to Rondo and we have one of the best backcourts in the East ?
- What if Smart, Sully,KO improve their value ? add them to our draft picks and maybe we can land a big time player.
-We could move Green and Wallace along with draft picks , and clear enough salary to go after a max free agent next year along with re-signing Rondo .

It makes no sense to move Rondo before the 2015 off-season if all we are getting back is McLemore type, and mid 1st rd picks .

Re: Just keep Rondo, makes all the sense in the World
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 11:38:02 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Not to the people on Celticsblog.  ::) But yeah it's best to let Rondo play out this year and hope he resigns. He's the best player they can get by far, so why not resign him?

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 06:23:29 AM »

Offline FlowerInMyHeart

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 0

Amazing!!! How can you do it? Anything else you can do?
Can I do it same you?

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 07:51:44 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
From a selfish point of view I want Rondo to not be traded for two reasons. I like wake up calls.

Wake up call for Rondo....you are not a max player. No team will offer you a max contract.

Wake up call for league.....we will not be trading you a 4 time all star for 70 cents on the dollar. We'd rather have the cap space and hand the ball to Marcus Smart.

Wake up call for other Celtics players....don't become a diva. You won't get what you want.

Ainge has to hold the line here.