Author Topic: One thing I loved about the Hornets game.  (Read 1527 times)

One thing I loved about the Hornets game.
« on: March 20, 2011, 04:54:09 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
We showed a lot of heart, which surprised me after the rockets game.

A lot of players had pretty average games stats wise, especially Paul and Krstic, but still managed to contribute with effort on the boards and hustle plays. I particularly remember a Krstic offensive rebound which resulted in a 3 for the Cs.

Baby deserves Tommy Points purely for effort, aswell as making some tough shots down the stretch.

It is a good sign to see that the effort is still there despite the shots not falling. Especially at this point of the season. A lot of other teams would have dropped that game.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

Re: One thing I loved about the Hornets game.
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 04:58:26 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
We showed a lot of heart, which surprised me after the rockets game.

A lot of players had pretty average games stats wise, especially Paul and Krstic, but still managed to contribute with effort on the boards and hustle plays. I particularly remember a Krstic offensive rebound which resulted in a 3 for the Cs.

Baby deserves Tommy Points purely for effort, aswell as making some tough shots down the stretch.

It is a good sign to see that the effort is still there despite the shots not falling. Especially at this point of the season. A lot of other teams would have dropped that game.

Agreed!

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 10:26:50 AM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Agree and disagree.  It was a great win, but I wanted to see a lot more fire and passion out of the gate after getting embarrassed the night before.  You would think the players would have an extra chip on their shoulders.  Instead we had to grind out a tough win that you really have to say was fortunate.

HOU beat us because they dominated every aspect of the game.  NO was mainly winning because of their hot shooting, combined with our poor shooting during the first half. 

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 12:45:20 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I loved the heart they showed, as well. That is after all a hallmark of this team.  I am constantly stunned when people claim that this team is lazy or is isn't trying.  I've seen plenty of games over the past 4 seasons where this team has played like dog manure, but I've rarely seen them lay down.  This has been and remains one of the toughest teams out there.  They are warriors.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson