Author Topic: Celtics free agents: who do we keep?  (Read 12898 times)

Re: Celtics free agents: who do we keep?
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2009, 08:03:07 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Given Danny's bizarre fascination with 7-foot stiffs, I have no doubt that he'll try to add Robert Swift to his growing list of failures at the 5.

And he'll get him. He's on the fast track out of OKC.
Now that is something I'm worried about. If Danny keeps Scal and Powe, and then signs a project big man like Swift. That'll take seven big men just to balance out the interior with serviceable bodies.

Why did Robert Swift have to be a free agent this offseason? Danny has enough temptations around him!

« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2009, 11:10:59 PM »

Offline vagrantwade

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Marbury just got paid 20 million dollars this year courtesy of the Knicks. I'm sure he wouldn't mind taking 2 million and a bench roll for a legitimate shot at a title.

« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2009, 11:20:18 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Whether it's from the point guard position or not, though, I'm assuming that you agree we need another ball-handler and penetrator for the second unit?  In my opinion, we desperately need somebody to create offense when both Rondo and Pierce are off the floor.
I do not agree. It would be nice if the C's could get one, but it's not a necessity.

One of the Big Three can play in the second unit in the regular season, and two of the Big Three can play with the second unit in the playoffs. That's more than enough shot creators.

Having watched our bench struggle to generate offense for the past two seasons, I disagree.  We need more play makers for that second unit. 

Agreed. At some point, we're going to have to acknowledge the age of the Big 3 and obtain a bench that allows them to maximize fewer minutes on the floor. That will entail obtaining someone who can make plays, defend and shoot off the bench - all qualities missing from this club, save the rare nights when Marbury was actually on.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."