Author Topic: Gotta be said -- Ray Allen is KILLING this team  (Read 9836 times)

Re: Gotta be said -- Ray Allen is KILLING this team
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2009, 11:27:54 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
I am at a total loss to understand how you can blame one man for a loss in a TEAM sport.  When one man is struggling, others are supposed to pick up the slack.  You also have to consider that the opponents might have something to do with the outcome.  Sometimes the other team just has more to lose, and plays like it.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2009, 11:44:44 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Well, as the thread on the main board indicates, these subjects degenerate into "I'm going to protect my favorite player by trashing someone who isn't my favorite player."

God bless Stern for dumbing down the game by marketing individuals instead of teams.

???

Your point is well taken. Team loss, to which Allen contributed.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2009, 12:04:11 AM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • The REAL Pau Gasol
Garnett and Powe being injured is killing the team....hell just having Powe back would be sure a fire guarantee into the ECF's with less hassle.
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2009, 12:43:14 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 I've Always said if we are to improve this team, and change it drastically Ray is the guy that has to be moved out of the Big 3 for us to move forward while KG and Pierce have a few years left.

And now, with an All Star Caliber Rondo in the making, The transition will be easier than many think. In theory give it a shot, we get a 25 year old shooting guard, that's young and athletic, plays great defense and shoots the three. He wouldn't have to do to much. Just play his role and do what we ask of him. Mainly great defense.

And along with a young shooting guard, a little help in the front-court. adding another Long athletic body in are front-court.  

So in theory Ray Allen, for two guys, one at the two, and another at the front-court that can both play defense and fit into are System. More touches and shots for KG, Perk, Rondo,
 Pierce, and The new shooting guard.

In theory does it work, provided that we get two guys back that fit well.

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2009, 01:25:03 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Let me understand you correctly.  Are you saying that we should have traded Ray Allen, who has come through and won us multiple games this year with his clutch play, and kept Kevin Garnett...who hasn't been playing at all?

I am not saying we should trade Kevin...injuries happen, even to players of Kevin's stature...but I am saying that I think you are wrong to want to trade Ray.  We are developing young players (Rondo, Perk and Baby) who will be the difference makers when everyone is healthy again.

I do believe that Ray is probably in the best shape of anyone (except possibly Perkins...who has a touchy shoulder) on this team, despite his "advanced age"!  Shooters shots sometimes go awry,  but they seem to come back at the most opportune times...

I also feel that this team has not passed its prime and that some are writing them off too soon.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2009, 02:21:48 AM »

Offline vagrantwade

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
We Wouldn't even be in this series if it wasn't for Ray Allen.

Did you people even see the shots he was making in the Chicago series?

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2009, 02:34:50 AM »

Offline kheeko

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 69
^but seems he's more off than on nowadays and declining (due to obvious reasons age etc )

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2009, 03:02:48 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
same as last year.  Ray was great in the regular season and great in the first round.  I'm done counting out Ray.  He has games where he's off, but then he has games where he is amazing. 

« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2009, 03:13:30 AM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
well, for starters, he's getting mugged by the magic and getting very few calls. second, they are definitely devoting major attention his way, and are doing a decent job. but, he's still getting a number of good looks, and most of his misses are rimming out, or just barely off. and you know he's shooting an insane number of jumpers between games...ray never gets outworked. he's just a hair off, and at times, unlucky (tons of in-and-outs in a few games) and has been so all series. but its not for lack of effort, or for bad form.

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2009, 04:02:36 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
I agree with you with one objection

But from players like RA (or PP) you expect them to rise to the occassion especialy in situations like this season with KG out. Of course a bad day is more than understandable but the bad days are more than the good ones lately.

« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2009, 04:56:41 AM »

Offline vagrantwade

• Jaylen Brown
^but seems he's more off than on nowadays and declining (due to obvious reasons age etc )

Declining? We are just talking about missed shots. He's not taking Math Exams. All players go through shooting slumps.

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2009, 02:52:46 PM »

Offline TheReaLPuba

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
His shooting is off but now it's his decision making and passing that is hurting the team.

If Ray doesn't consistently take shots he can't change how the defense plays us. If he's going to make stupid drives and stupid passes it compounds his shooting slump 3 folds allowing the other team to score quicker and easier buckets in transition.

Ray has to take whatever shots he gets and stop thinking about making a pass that isn't there.

« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2009, 04:00:41 PM »

Offline vagrantwade

• Jaylen Brown
What series have you people been watching?

From what I have seen Ray has had like maybe 4 clean shots the entire series.

« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2009, 04:23:05 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Ray Allen has like 2 stupid turnover a game. Its just the way it is...PP take 4 shots per game that aren't even close...Rajon Rondo will turn the ball over at atleast once on a boneheaded play. Baby will take some ill advised shots. Perk will telegraph some of his post moves and get out play in the paint sometimes..Eddie House will turn the ball over if he's handling the ball, or he will go cold for like 4 shots straight. Brian Scalabrine will miss 3 3's before he makes one. This is our team. Ray Allen isn't killin anything, and he's one of the biggest reasons we're here.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2009, 04:47:19 PM »

Offline huzy

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 82
  • We not Me
Gotta be said -- Ray Allen is KILLING this team

He sure as hell has saved this team enough times….

Oh wait, that was three whole days ago! Let’s just forget it ever happened.
"      “I can make a trade every day if I want to, but that's not going to help us. A trade that would get us better rarely comes along. They're very difficult to find. Good trades are very difficult in our league and don't happen very often.”
-Danny Ainge