Author Topic: Should Perk fans "let it go", or is there still stuff to talk about?  (Read 39423 times)

Re: Should Perk fans "let it go", or is there still stuff to talk about?
« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2011, 10:35:07 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Again, Andy, calling out individual members is not permitted. I gave you some latitude due to my position here, but this is at least the fourth time you have gone after me, here and elsewhere. It's time to stop calling folks out personally just because you disagree with them.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 10:40:23 AM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2011, 10:59:00 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
People can talk about whatever they want about the trade.  It's not like you could stop anyone short of locking all Perk threads when they start, which would be a really dumb move and contrary to the whole philosophy of the site.  It was a major Celtics move so of course we're going to talk it into the ground.  If you don't like it stay away from the threads that do it.

Since this thread is in "Comments and Remarks"  I will say that I think a significant portion of posters on both sides of these debates could stand to get over their persecution complexes, though.  A good debate on stuff like the trade can be interesting and fun, but putting exaggerated opinions in the other side's mouth and claiming other posters are trying to oppress your position is tedious and makes the posters the center of debate instead of basketball.  It's the Internet, nobody's out to get you, they probably just disagree with what you say.  Just my 2 cents.

« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2011, 11:02:03 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I think I need to take my own advice, and just ignore these threads until we actually have something to go on (playoff games/knowledge of whether the Oneals are returning).  Talk about a trial of will.

...is it too late to give something up for Lent?

« Reply #78 on: March 17, 2011, 12:14:00 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
This got real silly.

« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2011, 12:29:14 PM »

Online JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
Should Perk fans "let it go", or is there still stuff to talk about?

Agree or disagree, this topic will rightly have shelf life unless the Celtics win the title this year. It's almost like Brady/Bledsoe until Brady silenced everyone in 03. Kristic and Green need to do what Brady did for it to go away.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2011, 12:46:11 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315

Agree or disagree, this topic will rightly have shelf life unless the Celtics win the title this year. It's almost like Brady/Bledsoe until Brady silenced everyone in 03. Kristic and Green need to do what Brady did for it to go away.

I really don't think Perk is on the level of Brady/Bledsoe.

When Antoine was traded to the Mavs, that was more on that level.

« Reply #81 on: March 17, 2011, 12:49:46 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Agree or disagree, this topic will rightly have shelf life unless the Celtics win the title this year. It's almost like Brady/Bledsoe until Brady silenced everyone in 03. Kristic and Green need to do what Brady did for it to go away.

Jeez, if that's the case, we'll be talking about this one for years.   

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #82 on: March 17, 2011, 12:55:04 PM »

Online JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156

Jeez, if that's the case, we'll be talking about this one for years.   
;D No kidding.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #83 on: March 17, 2011, 01:00:21 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/columns/story?columnist=may_peter&id=6227550

Perkins, of course, never made it back to the Pepsi Center for the game that night. After the shootaround, his agent, Bob Myers, called and told him of the possibility of a deal. Perkins had no clue.

"I was pretty surprised,'' Perkins told ESPNBoston via telephone. "I had no idea. I talked to Doc [Rivers] and he said he wasn't pushing it, that he was trying to stop it."

Rivers said he did stop it. That was Perkins Deal No. 1, according to the coach.

"At the time I talked to him, it was a different deal and I did put a stop to that one. But I also told him that something might still happen,'' Rivers said.

Soon, Perkins Deal No. 2 came along and Rivers then had to say goodbye to a player he had, he said, come to regard as a son.

"It was the most difficult thing I have had to since I've been in the league,'' Rivers said. "It was like sending one of your kids along the way. It can be very hard to separate the basketball from the personal and this one was definitely that for me. Perk had great spirit. He had the intangibles you look for. We all decided to make the trade, but, for me, it hurt. It hurt a lot."

The first deal was presumably with Golden State, involving Brandan Wright, yes?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #84 on: March 17, 2011, 01:03:26 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
I think that we need a time machine.  Someone would go through time until just before the trade.  That person would kill Danny before he could make the trade and we would still have Perk.

What do you think, guys?

« Reply #85 on: March 17, 2011, 01:05:32 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/columns/story?columnist=may_peter&id=6227550

Perkins, of course, never made it back to the Pepsi Center for the game that night. After the shootaround, his agent, Bob Myers, called and told him of the possibility of a deal. Perkins had no clue.

"I was pretty surprised,'' Perkins told ESPNBoston via telephone. "I had no idea. I talked to Doc [Rivers] and he said he wasn't pushing it, that he was trying to stop it."

Rivers said he did stop it. That was Perkins Deal No. 1, according to the coach.

"At the time I talked to him, it was a different deal and I did put a stop to that one. But I also told him that something might still happen,'' Rivers said.

Soon, Perkins Deal No. 2 came along and Rivers then had to say goodbye to a player he had, he said, come to regard as a son.

"It was the most difficult thing I have had to since I've been in the league,'' Rivers said. "It was like sending one of your kids along the way. It can be very hard to separate the basketball from the personal and this one was definitely that for me. Perk had great spirit. He had the intangibles you look for. We all decided to make the trade, but, for me, it hurt. It hurt a lot."

I think Golden State might have been part of it, but I don't think they would have been the ones landing Perk.  

Interesting link.  It makes it sound like Danny was a lot more anxious to trade Perk than Doc (the guy who actually deals with the players on a daily basis) was.

« Reply #86 on: March 17, 2011, 01:06:24 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I think that we need a time machine.  Someone would go through time until just before the trade.  That person would kill Danny before he could make the trade and we would still have Perk.

What do you think, guys?

But where are we going to find a Delorean?  And are you sure your last name is not Brown?

« Reply #87 on: March 17, 2011, 01:08:29 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

I think Golden State might have been part of it, but I don't think they would have been the ones landing Perk.  

Interesting link.  It makes it sound like Danny was a lot more anxious to trade Perk than Doc (the guy who actually deals with the players on a daily basis) was.

But that was a rumor out there, right? With Boston then flipping Wright and a 1st to Houston for Battier? Or am I misremembering things?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #88 on: March 17, 2011, 01:12:03 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
Now that I think about it, maybe we can send someone to kill Rick Pitino and Chris Wallace before they trade Joe Johnson.

;)

What do you think, guys?

But where are we going to find a Delorean?  And are you sure your last name is not Brown?

« Reply #89 on: March 17, 2011, 01:16:14 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

But that was a rumor out there, right? With Boston then flipping Wright and a 1st to Houston for Battier? Or am I misremembering things?

No, the rumor (confirmed by Golden State's owner) was that we would have sent Nate and a #1 for Brandan Wright as part of a 3-team deal.  Perk (at least to date) hasn't been mentioned as being part of those discussions.