Author Topic: Tony Allen & Glen Davis (should) get more minutes against Miami  (Read 3572 times)

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
If we play 7games against Miami our starters will be tired for the second round so i suggest Doc to play more Tony & Glen. Why? well tony is the best defender who can try to stop D-Wade and Tony is our 6th man if you ask me. so ray and paul will get few more minutes rest if tony play more than 20min per game against miami. And Glen will play will be agressive and he will try to stop their second best player and that is Haslem. KG will play 25-30min. So in the second round our starters will be rested litle bit more and we will know what tony and glen are capable of. Do you agree?

p.s. Sorry for my english i'm from Macedonia so maybe i made some mistakes. Celtics fan for life :)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 09:32:15 AM by Fafnir »

Re: Tony Allen & Glen Davis to get more minutes against Miami
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 09:21:59 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
If we play 7games against Miami our starters will be tired for the second round so i suggest Doc to play more Tony & Glen. Why? well tony is the best defender who can try to stop D-Wade and Tony is our 6th man if you ask me. so ray and paul will get few more minutes rest if tony play more than 20min per game against miami. And Glen will play will be agressive and he will try to stop their second best player and that is Haslem. KG will play 25-30min. So in the second round our starters will be rested litle bit more and we will know what tony and glen are capable of. Do you agree?

p.s. Sorry for my english i'm from Macedonia so maybe i made some mistakes. Celtics fan for life :)

Tony is the logical best match-up for D-Wade, so I would hope he'd get extended minutes defensively. Glen is as active under the basket as anyone we have, and we've got to improve our rebounding. I agree completely. (TP)

* Your English is fine ... and a warm welcome to you!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Re: Tony Allen & Glen Davis to get more minutes against Miami
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 09:33:11 AM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
Thank you :)
 Also i would like to add that Doc is going to be the most importart part of the team in the playoff. He must do the right thing and sometimes he shouldn't play Sheed,Nate, Daniels he has to be smart since game 1 against Miami. Not only he will have trouble spliting the minutes i think that he will have problems with the defense so i hope Doc will prove how good coach he is and like 2008 we will play the best defense in the world
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 09:42:33 AM by vgulab »

Re: Tony Allen & Glen Davis (should) get more minutes against Miami
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 09:52:51 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Thank you :)
 Also i would like to add that Doc is going to be the most importart part of the team in the playoff. He must do the right thing and sometimes he shouldn't play Sheed,Nate, Daniels he has to be smart since game 1 against Miami. Not only he will have trouble spliting the minutes i think that he will have problems with the defense so i hope Doc will prove how good coach he is and like 2008 we will play the best defense in the world

I agree with that, also ... my biggest complaint with Doc this year has been the rotations/subs, and the amount of minutes distribution. When this team plays it's best, it's like a finely tuned instrument ... no matter how good the instrument, it still needs an expert musician to make the sweetest sounds. He's got to be more consistent with the rotation, and be more aware of the match-ups on the floor. He also has been a bit predictable when it comes to play-calling, and that's not a good thing either ... you've got to always keep your opponent on their heels.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 10:23:15 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I think they both will see plenty of time in this series.  Although I also expect Tony to be in constant foul trouble.

I am not worried about the starters getting too tired though.  Miami actually plays a style of basketball that works well for our starters.  They play relatively slow paced, half-court basketball, which works to the C's favor defensively.  Not to mention, there is a lot of time between games in this series. 

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 10:34:32 AM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
I think they both will see plenty of time in this series.  Although I also expect Tony to be in constant foul trouble.

I am not worried about the starters getting too tired though.  Miami actually plays a style of basketball that works well for our starters.  They play relatively slow paced, half-court basketball, which works to the C's favor defensively.  Not to mention, there is a lot of time between games in this series. 

you are right tony can get in foul trouble but still i think he is our best bench player. but if they play more against miami doc will be able to see if he can count on them. so i think they should definitly play and we will all see what they can giva us for the second round.

and for the starters i'm not worried for the first round i'm worried for cavs and magic. because then maybe our starters will have to play 40min and those minutes for guys who are 34,35 are a lot. the key of winning against cavs and magic is playing defense and playing with high level od energy that's why we need KG,ray,paul FRESH

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 10:36:22 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I think they both will see plenty of time in this series.  Although I also expect Tony to be in constant foul trouble.

I am not worried about the starters getting too tired though.  Miami actually plays a style of basketball that works well for our starters.  They play relatively slow paced, half-court basketball, which works to the C's favor defensively.  Not to mention, there is a lot of time between games in this series.  

Yup ... agree, (TP) ... I actually feel much better about facing Miami than I would have if we had to play Atlanta.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 10:45:01 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
A big problem of ours has been effort and energy, and TA and Baby are two of our highest energy players, so I'm all for giving them big minutes.  I will be very dissappointed if we keep losing playoff games due to lack of energy.  And if Rasheed is lazy on his rotations, I'm all for using someone like Shelden also.  I don't want to see us lose due to lack of effort.

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 10:47:05 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

The Heat are small, which means BBD shouldn't have so many problems in the series. Though Beasley will test him with his speed.

We've got to beat the Heat up inside.

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 10:55:13 AM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
A big problem of ours has been effort and energy, and TA and Baby are two of our highest energy players, so I'm all for giving them big minutes.  I will be very dissappointed if we keep losing playoff games due to lack of energy.  And if Rasheed is lazy on his rotations, I'm all for using someone like Shelden also.  I don't want to see us lose due to lack of effort.

i agree. don't play Rasheed he will not help us

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 12:14:26 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
What is the over/under on how many times Glen Davis' shot gets blocked in the Miami series?

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 01:05:43 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85

The Heat are small, which means BBD shouldn't have so many problems in the series. Though Beasley will test him with his speed.

We've got to beat the Heat up inside.

Yes, this is true. If BBD gets matched up with Haslem, he shouldn't be in too bad of shape. Haslem doesn't block any shots. But I do worry about O'Neal and Anthony blocking him weakside. I think this is where he gets a lot of shots blocked from.

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 01:14:07 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
for what is is worth, here are the career stats for BB and TA against miami....

BB
min = 22:48
pts = 7.4
rbs = 4.3
ast = 1.1
fg % = 48.9
all above his season averages.

TA
min = 17:18
pts = 6.5
rbs = 2.5
ast = 0.8
fg % = 42.4
close to or below season averages.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2010, 01:30:42 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

BB
pts = 7.4
rbs = 4.3
ast = 1.1
fg % = 48.9

TA
pts = 6.5
rbs = 2.5
ast = 0.8
fg % = 42.4
Career averages don't tell us much, its this seasons averages you should look at.

Tony Allen:
2 Games
mins = 23.5
pts = 7.5
rbs = 3.5
ast = 0
to = 2.5
stls = 1.5
fouls = 4.0
fg% = 50%
ftm-a = 1.5-2.5

Glen Davis:
2 games
mins = 18.5
pts = 3.5
rbs = 4.0
ast = 0.5
to = 0.5
stls = 0.0
fouls = 0.5
fg% = 37.5%
ftm-a = .05-1.5

BBD was very ineffective and Tony was in foul trouble quick.

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2010, 03:18:24 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

BB
pts = 7.4
rbs = 4.3
ast = 1.1
fg % = 48.9

TA
pts = 6.5
rbs = 2.5
ast = 0.8
fg % = 42.4
Career averages don't tell us much, its this seasons averages you should look at.

Tony Allen:
2 Games
mins = 23.5
pts = 7.5
rbs = 3.5
ast = 0
to = 2.5
stls = 1.5
fouls = 4.0
fg% = 50%
ftm-a = 1.5-2.5

Glen Davis:
2 games
mins = 18.5
pts = 3.5
rbs = 4.0
ast = 0.5
to = 0.5
stls = 0.0
fouls = 0.5
fg% = 37.5%
ftm-a = .05-1.5

BBD was very ineffective and Tony was in foul trouble quick.

thanks! i thought about doing this season, but with only 2 games, i wasnt sure that was the best way. but now, everyone has both season and career numbers.

:)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva