Author Topic: Barkley picks Cavaliers to win NBA title  (Read 5464 times)

Barkley picks Cavaliers to win NBA title
« on: April 14, 2010, 02:36:03 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
http://www.nba.com/2010/news/04/13/barkley.prediction.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

This should really motivate our guys to perform better. I hope they see it.

Re: Barkley picks Cavaliers to win NBA title
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 03:00:14 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Yeah ... KG's got a lot to prove especially ... he's being talked down throughout the sports world, that he no longer has "it" and can't play like he did two years ago. I don't know what they need to flip the switch, but they'd better dial it in soon.

Man, I think about how these guys were playing a few weeks ago, and I know they can beat anyone when they're playing that way ... I just can't for the life of me figure out what the difference is.

There's something very subtle that's affecting the psyche of this team, and other than the infection of Sheed's laziness and apathy, I can not put my finger on it, (and neither can they, obviously).

???

I also wish Sir Charles would propose to Dwight Howard and get it over with. ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 09:48:50 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
It seems like you think this is some kind of slap in the face.  It isn't.  Cle should be favored.  And the Celts should be an after thought at this point.

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 09:53:23 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Charles Barkley is a Clown, with a Capital C.

But I'm just wearing Green-tinted glasses. ;D

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 09:54:45 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Honestly, this is pretty shocking.  Barkley is usually one of the guys who makes random predictions to get headlines.  This time he is going with the favorite. 

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 09:55:31 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Not surprised, the entire West looks shaky.

If I wanted to predict objectively it'd be the Magic or the Cavs.

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 10:24:08 AM »

Offline adam8

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
This isn't surprising I mean honestly if I were putting money on a team it would be the Cavs without a second thought. They have been the best team all season long and they have the best player in the game.

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 10:46:16 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
Yeah, I know..Barkley may Not be a Clown ;D, but here's a thought:

If Cleveland wins the title this year, what is the Guarantee that Lebron comes back?

Shaq will be older, Big Z will be older. Jamison will be 35 or 36.

It would almost be best for him to bring a Title to CLE then bolt.

There is Zero shot at CLE being a Dynasty, unless they draw some major young talent (Wade, Bosh, Amare, etc) and I don't see that happening.

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 11:50:38 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
If I had to pick a team they'd be my pick too.

I think Shaq helps their match up problems with Orlando, and helps against LA.

Match ups aren't going to be what does them in this year.

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2010, 12:34:23 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
It seems like you think this is some kind of slap in the face.  It isn't.  Cle should be favored.  And the Celts should be an after thought at this point.

Well:

I think the Celtics went for it, they won a championship, and now they're just an older team.

I don't know what else to call it. It's certainly not flattering. Sure, the Cavs are favorites to go to the Finals but why give up without a fight? I really hope the Celtics read papers and surf on the net. Seeing all these people call them old just might make them mad.

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2010, 12:40:47 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
The thing that is truly baffling to me is that folks call the Celtics Old, but San Antonio is just as old as us and they are mentioned as perennial contenders every year it seems.

C'mon Barkley - call San Antonio old, too.

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2010, 12:58:02 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
Yeah ... KG's got a lot to prove especially ... he's being talked down throughout the sports world, that he no longer has "it" and can't play like he did two years ago. I don't know what they need to flip the switch, but they'd better dial it in soon.

Man, I think about how these guys were playing a few weeks ago, and I know they can beat anyone when they're playing that way ... I just can't for the life of me figure out what the difference is.

There's something very subtle that's affecting the psyche of this team, and other than the infection of Sheed's laziness and apathy, I can not put my finger on it, (and neither can they, obviously).

???

I also wish Sir Charles would propose to Dwight Howard and get it over with. ;)

If you remember back Sir Charles was kissing up to D-Wade when he first started doing the TV commericals/ads with him...i figure he's mainly kissing up to Dwight now because he is in a few commercials with him.Its all about the money with Barkley.Those 2 superstars are putting cash in his pockets.

Charles is an idiot,period.(imo)tp

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2010, 01:04:46 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I don't see any reason for outrage.  Cleveland has been the best and most consistent team this season, by far.

If not Cleveland, who should experts be picking?  Orlando and LA, maybe.  Dallas, perhaps.  Otherwise, every team has been wildly inconsistent.  I certainly can't be down on any objective observer who doesn't think the Celts are contenders.  Candidly, on balance they haven't looked like contenders since late December.  I'm still hopeful, but there's no reason that Barkley should be.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2010, 01:20:27 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Right now, I'll have to go with the Cavs...ugh, I hate them with a passion...but they are the team to beat....plus, they're the only team to get 60+ wins this season.....the whole scenario might look different after Round 1 of the playoffs...but until then Cavs should be the favourites....that said, I hope Barkley will have to eat his words with those tacos....LETS GO CELTICS!
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2010, 01:31:57 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
Charles Barkley alone with most ESPN analysts have picked the cavs for the last couple seasons to win...sooner or later they'll get it right.Its obvious the Cavs are the best regular season team as they were  most of last season but how did that workout for them?Until the cavs beat the Magic in a 7ga.series the  Magic is the team in the east to beat.(imo)Same goes in the west until the Lakers are beaten in a 7ga.series they are the odds on favorite.