Author Topic: I want Joakim Noah in the celtics  (Read 3986 times)

I want Joakim Noah in the celtics
« on: April 08, 2010, 10:06:41 PM »

Offline guachi

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5

ok this guy is perfect for this team, lenght, blocking, rebounds, hustle, is athletic. the only thing he is missing is any kind of offensive move, but im pretty sure hell get that with time. I know many people here hates him beacause of last year series with chicago, but this guy is a really good potential. Is there anyway we can get him on the celtics!?? , ill give perkins for him anytime, or something like perkins and sheed??.

Re: I want Joakim Noah in the celtics
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 10:09:09 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
He'd be a fantastic fit here. That's why we'll never see him...his game is a fantastic fit anywhere. No team in the NBA would not be made better by his effort and enthusiasm for the game. He'll stay a Bull for a long time unless they get a knockout offer.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 10:10:58 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
whoa creepy I kinda was just saying this on the nba basketball thread

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 10:14:05 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
He'd be a fantastic fit here. That's why we'll never see him...his game is a fantastic fit anywhere. No team in the NBA would not be made better by his effort and enthusiasm for the game. He'll stay a Bull for a long time unless they get a knockout offer.

It really doesn't help how much the Bulls dipped after he got injured. It just shows how important he is to them, they'd be pretty stupid to get rid of him unless a knock out offer like you said.

Maybe if Perk continued the same play from the first half of the season we could at least tempt them, but even then it would be stupid for them.

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 10:15:16 PM »

Kiorrik

whoa creepy I kinda was just saying this on the nba basketball thread
And I'll agree here as well :D

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 10:21:56 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
I wanted the Celtics to draft him!  Can you imagine him playing along side KG a couple years ago?
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 10:25:20 PM »

Kiorrik

I wanted the Celtics to draft him!  Can you imagine him playing along side KG a couple years ago?
Most definitely.

Also, I liked him in the NCAA as well. He stood out. Standing out in the NCAA = good. Mostly because 90% of the players there has the same game and that makes them hard to judge. Guys with "different" games are easy to judge, because you can tell whether or not they *add* something with their... oddities :)

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 10:27:28 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
I underestimated him coming out of college. Playing with Corey Brewer, Al Horford, Taureen Green...he had so much talent around him you kind of believed he'd struggle wiht a real challenge.

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 10:28:21 PM »

Kiorrik

I underestimated him coming out of college. Playing with Corey Brewer, Al Horford, Taureen Green...he had so much talent around him you kind of believed he'd struggle wiht a real challenge.
That's true, and he did look shaky in his first year(s) but he's come together very nicely, mainly due to his insane energy, imo.

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 10:29:24 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
That's true, and he did look shaky in his first year(s) but he's come together very nicely, mainly due to his insane energy, imo.

Varejao 2.0

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 10:31:12 PM »

Kiorrik

Varejao 2.0
Meh.

(that's an: "I hate to admit it but you might possibly probably very well be right".)

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 10:33:08 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Since I live in Florida I got to see him often (although I usually don't follow college ball).  I followed him because I was a tennis player (strictly club level,  ;D ) and a big fan of his father, who my husband and I talked to at various tournaments.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 10:37:40 PM »

Kiorrik

Since I live in Florida I got to see him often (although I usually don't follow college ball).  I followed him because I was a tennis player (strictly club level,  ;D ) and a big fan of his father, who my husband and I talked to at various tournaments.
Lol :D good story right there. Imagine me telling this to a colleague, and him telling it to his friend. He'd be going:

"My friend has a colleague who has a fellow-moderator that is a tennis player who's husband and her talked to Joachim Noah's father at various tournaments!"

:D

Sorry, hyperactive today.

Compensating for getting nearly no sleep at all this week.

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2010, 10:41:56 PM »

Kiorrik

Noah's shot though is uglier than his face :x

And that's saying something!

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2010, 10:43:17 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker

I think everyone underestimated him coming out of college, what did he slip to number 10? After brewer right?

I think he will definitely be better than varajeo. He has a better offensive game he's not as good a defensive player but he is a btter rebounder. They mirror each other hustle wise. I think Noah coudl be a top player on a contender (eventually) and I think Varajoe will just always be a great role player