Author Topic: Tyler Z's most impressive measurable.  (Read 7752 times)

Tyler Z's most impressive measurable.
« on: July 09, 2014, 01:28:56 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
besides the fact that he's really talk at 6'11" and a quarter without shoes. Is that his no step vertical is 30". To give a point of reference Marcus smart had a 33" no step vertical which was tired for third out of all the players at the combine and the only guys to best smart were guys like m brown smarts teammate who had a mind blowing 44" max vertical. Also Dwayne Wade had a 31" no step vertical at his combine. So for a seven footer to jump 30" without needing any steps is nice. He does have a small wingspan though at only 7'. Oh well.

Re: Tyler Z's most impressive measurable.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 01:31:02 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
besides the fact that he's really talk at 6'11" and a quarter without shoes. Is that his no step vertical is 30". To give a point of reference Marcus smart had a 33" no step vertical which was tired for third out of all the players at the combine and the only guys to best smart were guys like m brown smarts teammate who had a mind blowing 44" max vertical. Also Dwayne Wade had a 31" no step vertical at his combine. So for a seven footer to jump 30" without needing any steps is nice. He does have a small wingspan though at only 7'. Oh well.
I am a UNC fan so I know his game fairly well.  He has good springs but his biggest asset in college was his speed and willingness to run the floor.  Used to get lots of easy baskets.

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 01:32:42 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
I am a UNC fan so I know his game fairly well.  He has good springs but his biggest asset in college was his speed and willingness to run the floor.  Used to get lots of easy baskets.

Wow, a legit center that is able to, AND likes to, run the floor for easy baskets. Tommy is going to go nuts watching this guy next season.

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 01:32:59 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
knocks down midrange shots like a sharp shooter..shoots 75% at free throw line

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 01:33:47 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

how is he at protecting the rim?

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 01:34:26 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 447
Look, Zeller may be used in a trade for Love, who knows (Zeller, Sully, Smart and some future picks, who knows?

But if not, I really like picking this kid up. He could really excel in Stevens system. And having two near seven footer in Olynyk and Zeller who can really get up and down the floor is very helpful. Also, Zeller is not shy physically, he will bang. He's only 24 as well and big men develop over time.

He's not the cure for all our ills but he may certainly be a very nice part of our rotation.

His standing vert should help compensate for his lack of length!

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 01:34:54 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 447
Having a 30' vertical also shows you he's a good athlete.

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 01:36:33 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
standing vert won't make up for your short reach when a big man is posting you up.

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2014, 01:37:59 PM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48

Tarheel fan here as well and I completely agree he runs like he is 6'5 and 9 out of 10 times he beats his man down the floor....

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2014, 01:39:17 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
People talk like this kid is a finished product.

His NBA game is still evolving/developing.  Long way to go for the youngster.

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2014, 01:39:18 PM »

Offline NorthernLightning

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • zap
We have a great stable of horses to run run run.

I can't wait to see Rondo walk the ball up and pound it into the ground for 22 seconds.

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2014, 01:41:09 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He has a nice hook shot or jump hook.

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2014, 01:42:25 PM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
We have a great stable of horses to run run run.

I can't wait to see Rondo walk the ball up and pound it into the ground for 22 seconds.

hahaha....this made me laugh out loud at my desk, thanks for that...TP

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2014, 02:05:27 PM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
Sorry, but I was hoping it was going to be something like, "his heart."
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2014, 02:06:17 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Sorry, but I was hoping it was going to be something like, "his heart."

This post was much more CB friendly than I thought it'd be when I started reading it.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.