Author Topic: Injury update and return date thread  (Read 82200 times)

Re: Injury update and return date thread
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2011, 10:21:15 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
An update on Shaq

As his teammates practiced at the AT&T Center yesterday, Shaquille O’Neal was at the Celtics practice facility in Waltham going through a private workout that included running and shooting.

But whether he returns for a regular-season game or waits until the playoffs is anyone’s guess.

“I don’t have any idea,” Celtics general manager Danny Ainge said after watching the workout by O’Neal, who is attempting to recover from a sore right Achilles tendon. “It could be a week or two weeks.

“I watched him work out, and he’s starting to do things on the court. We’re just still not sure of when he’s going to come back.
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view.bg?articleid=1327298&format=text

« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2011, 10:30:11 AM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 163
  • Green 18!
Hehe, April 5, eh? How many times do I have to repeat that he is done for the season for people to believe me?

« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2011, 10:54:03 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Hehe, April 5, eh? How many times do I have to repeat that he is done for the season for people to believe me?

Most of us are still holding out hope, and just refuse to believe that Danny was stupid / arrogant enough to trade Perk if there was a realistic shot of Shaq being out for the playoffs.

My guess is that Shaq misses the regular season, but that they try to play him in the playoffs.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2011, 10:57:12 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Most of us are still holding out hope, and just refuse to believe that Danny was stupid / arrogant enough to trade Perk if there was a realistic shot of Shaq being out for the playoffs.

My guess is that Shaq misses the regular season, but that they try to play him in the playoffs.
I think they'll have Shaq play the last game or so of the regular season that the starters play.

I'm very interested in seeing Jermaine tonight.

« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2011, 11:49:58 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429

I agree with this 100 percent. If the guy is just getting on the court now, there is no way he plays April 5. Also, remember that two weeks ago he accompanied the team on a roadtrip because Doc said he was getting close to returning and he wanted him to be with the team to start picking things up, etc. There definitely was a setback. I don't see how anyone can deny this fact.

« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2011, 12:07:59 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
So, he's at least working out, albeit privately? I'm not sure what to take from this. So he's healthy enough to work out, but not with the team?

Hmm...I'd actually wanna wait till April 5 and see what they say then.

« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2011, 12:13:05 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

[/quote

I agree with this 100 percent. If the guy is just getting on the court now, there is no way he plays April 5. Also, remember that two weeks ago he accompanied the team on a roadtrip because Doc said he was getting close to returning and he wanted him to be with the team to start picking things up, etc. There definitely was a setback. I don't see how anyone can deny this fact.
]JO or bust hobbled and coming off knee surgery were in trouble.

Shaq will not give us anything.  
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2011, 12:41:19 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
I will be shocked if they don't put Shaq out there for a couple of games.  Shaq is willing to take a "needle" and go try it.  So I don't think the question is will Shaq play, as I am pretty sure he will, rather, what form of Shaq will it be.  If he is say 70% or 80%, he may not be any better than Krstic.

« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2011, 01:32:05 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Who could've guessed that JO would come back before Shaq?  If he doesn't end up coming back Danny wins worst GM.  Seriously the trade would almost cancel out the 07 trade.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2011, 01:34:16 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Who could've guessed that JO would come back before Shaq? 

I am not surprised at all.  After Shaq got pushed back a couple times, I started expecting it to be closer to the playoffs.  JO was always on a pretty set timeframe after the surgery.

Of course now, I am starting to worry Shaq won't be back at all, but I don't think there was ever any hard push to get him back before the playoffs.

« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2011, 04:33:35 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
http://twitter.com/#!/SherrodbCSN

SherrodbCSN  A. Sherrod Blakely
#Celtics N. Krstic says he will play vs #sixers tomorrow.

http://twitter.com/#!/gwashburn14

gwashburn14  gary washburn
Shaq may be back Fri vs. WSH according to Doc Rivers #celtics

Good news on Krstic, and get well soon, Shaq.

« Reply #86 on: April 04, 2011, 04:36:26 PM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 163
  • Green 18!
Murphy is coming back, too. So, at last, three available Centers at the same time! So long, small ball (I hope)!

« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2011, 01:05:47 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
ESPNForsberg Chris Forsberg
in your daily Shaq watch: Doc reiterates that he could potentially play Sunday. said: "He's feeling better; doing great from what I hear."

« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2011, 01:45:43 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
ESPNForsberg Chris Forsberg
in your daily Shaq watch: Doc reiterates that he could potentially play Sunday. said: "He's feeling better; doing great from what I hear."
The pieces are all falling in place this is great.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #89 on: April 09, 2011, 10:55:44 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view.bg?articleid=1329422&srvc=sports&position=recent

celtics staff/doc are meeting with shaq this morning, and if he feels good, probably playing against the heat and traveling with the team.