Author Topic: Injury update and return date thread  (Read 82201 times)

Re: Injury update and return date thread
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2011, 04:43:57 PM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 163
  • Green 18!
This is hysterical. Shaq's return date is now April 5th. All you can do now is laugh. This is like the 4th or 5th return date we have heard for him.

Yeah, and the first was at the end of February.

« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2011, 04:47:18 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526
Looks like Shaq is heeding the words of John Fogerty and CCR --"Someday Never Comes".

« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2011, 04:48:16 PM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Green 18!
Looks like Shaq is heeding the words of John Fogerty and CCR --"Someday Never Comes".

Hahaha, TP! Very true! Like I've been telling people since over a month, Shaq is done for the year!

« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2011, 09:55:57 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
This is hysterical. Shaq's return date is now April 5th. All you can do now is laugh. This is like the 4th or 5th return date we have heard for him.

To be fair, only a "team source" said Shaq would be back April 1. Unless that was Doc himself, I won't consider that a setback for Shaq just yet.

Now, if we hear he can't be back April 5...THEN we have issues.

« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2011, 09:58:52 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
It seems like Danny and his doctors are really having a very intense darts game with the injury calendar tonight.  What did I hit? What did I hit? Is that a 3 or a 5?

« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2011, 09:59:55 PM »

Offline Megatron

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 136
Whats the point of even having Shaq come back before the playoffs only to risk injury yet again?

Let him build chemistry in the first round where our opponent is going to be terrible. Knicks/Bobcats/Bucks/Pacers are all terrible teams, Knicks are on a 7 game losing streak and are playing worse then the Celtics right now.

IMO Shaq shouldnt play a minute until the first round.

« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2011, 11:05:05 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I went snooping around the Celtics medical facility last night and was able to video tape this exchange between the head of the medical staff and Jermaine O'Neal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTz8rKJk-Vw

« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2011, 11:08:12 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429

To be fair, only a "team source" said Shaq would be back April 1. Unless that was Doc himself, I won't consider that a setback for Shaq just yet.

They have been saying he is going to be back since early March. The Celtics are a disaster when it comes to communications about injury timelines.

« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2011, 06:31:42 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

They have been saying he is going to be back since early March. The Celtics are a disaster when it comes to communications about injury timelines.

Why keep paying attention to them. They aren't any worse than the rest of the league. You simply only pay attention to our situation.

Anyways, it seems like JO will be joining the team in Indiana, but he won't dress to play. I think more than anything it has to do with him being away from the team for so long than his inability to get in the floor, seems like he could be ready soon.

« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2011, 07:35:13 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I'm anxious to see what JO can do.  If he can play like he did last year (which was only about 60% of what he was a few years ago), he will make up for much of what we lost with Perk on the defensive end. 

« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2011, 06:22:11 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
http://twitter.com/sherrodbcsn

#celtics JO targets #spurs game on thursday for his return.

#Celtics JO said he can practice now w/o limitations. First time since he left the #Heat last year. 2 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2011, 06:22:24 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Hey JO, where have you been?
http://yfrog.com/h4psiqxj
http://yfrog.com/h2497esj
http://yfrog.com/gyzbtqnj

Looks like he might play on Thursday.

« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2011, 06:27:17 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Very interesting (and exciting) to hear that JO can now basically practice for the first time as a Celtic (!) without limitations! Hopefully he doesn't suffer any setbacks, I'm really eager to see him back, I'm confident he will be a big addition to the team.

« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2011, 07:41:24 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I don't expect much from JO other than 6 fouls and decent defense. Every time I've seen him on the court this season he's looked like a rookie, unsure and lacking confidence. If I had to choose between him and Sheed, I'd almost take Sheed(No I still wouldn't take Sheed he sucks! but almost  :P.). Hopefully he can earn his contract in the play-offs, but I'm not holding my breath.

« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2011, 01:30:14 AM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Green 18!
Has Shaq's return been pushed back from April 5 already? April 13?