Author Topic: Injury update and return date thread  (Read 82199 times)

Re: Injury update and return date thread
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2011, 07:28:09 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Yeah I hope Marquis will come out strong of this one. It would suck for him to see his career end so early.

A new "update" on Shaq : out for 4 or 5 more days according to Doc Rivers. At this point I just wonder why they even keep giving timetables if they already know they're going to delay them one after the other. ::)

Yea, I saw the video and he did not say out 4 or 5 more days, he said "You know he's coming back soon enough, I don't know what the date is... or if it's in the you know, next 4 or 5 days or anything like that... but the same thing with JO obviously the clocks ticking... (etc)" So, Shaq could be back on Fri., 4-5 days, or longer because Doc doesn't know. I guess you can't count that as a timetable if the person who would give the time doesn't even know.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2011, 08:53:10 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
Yea I don't count as an update by Doc, either. Friday is a strong possibility until he's not suited up come game time.

« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2011, 09:05:09 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Though as the front page tells us, JO could be back by the end of the week. 

While I've liked Krstic, I'd love to see JO have a major comeback and knock Krstic from the playoff rotation.  Quite frankly, a healthy JO can knock down an open jumper and play much, much better defense. 

« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2011, 09:20:37 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
On Monday, Doc said shaq could play in 4 or 5 days. This morning on EEI, Doc just said Shaq could be back in 4 or 5 days. He also said JO will travel to Indiana, but likely won't play.  Am I the only one who has had it with the Shaq business?  Remember, when he first got hurt it was going to be two or three games.  He has missed almost two months and 21 games.

« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2011, 09:41:20 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
On Monday, Doc said shaq could play in 4 or 5 days. This morning on EEI, Doc just said Shaq could be back in 4 or 5 days. He also said JO will travel to Indiana, but likely won't play.  Am I the only one who has had it with the Shaq business?  Remember, when he first got hurt it was going to be two or three games.  He has missed almost two months and 21 games.
I don't really care about Shaq being out injured for the past two months so long as he is ready to play when the playoffs roll around.

« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2011, 09:45:44 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
I don't really care about Shaq being out injured for the past two months so long as he is ready to play when the playoffs roll around.

Same feeling here.  I just want him healthy and effective for the playoffs.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2011, 09:47:47 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

Obviously, I would like Shaq back sooner rather than later, but not at the expense of his health.  He's an old dude, who's been playing close to two decades of pro basketball.  Whatever is ailing him, its no shock that it is taking time for him to heal.

On the other injured players, the Celtics management has been pretty accurate with their forcecast of when the player would be back.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2011, 05:39:40 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
http://twitter.com/carolynmanno

At #Celtics practice, Von Wafer back on the court with team

Troy Murphy sprained his right ankle at practice and left early. Day to day for #Celtics

Good news on Wafer, not what I wanted to hear about anyone as far as Murphy.

« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2011, 07:12:13 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Shaq is back in a Boot....i hope that doesn’t mean any more delays.
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4682105/sources-shaq-got-shot-back-in-boot

« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2011, 11:05:23 PM »

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215
Not sure if this deserves a thread of it's own, but an update from Delonte on his injury tonight:

#cetics d. West injures right ankle. Questionable for sunday's game vs #timberwolves.

http://twitter.com/SherrodbCSN

West's ankle flared up after pushing himself hard Thursday and Doc held him out at end Friday. Said he plans to play Sunday vs. 'Wolves.

http://twitter.com/ESPNForsberg

« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2011, 10:47:43 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
Reading the Globe this morning, it is clear that Delonte is not going to be right the rest of the year. Not good. I like the guy, but it looks like another bad pickup by Danny.

« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2011, 12:45:03 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Doc Rivers said Shaqs target date to return is April 3 vs. DET

http://twitter.com/#!/gwashburn14

« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2011, 04:29:16 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Doc Rivers said Shaqs target date to return is April 3 vs. DET

http://twitter.com/#!/gwashburn14

Looks like its April 5th now.

Rivers said he actually believes April 5 against the Philadelphia 76ers is the most likely date to expect to pull the Diesel back out of the garage.

Link
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2011, 04:41:27 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
This is hysterical. Shaq's return date is now April 5th. All you can do now is laugh. This is like the 4th or 5th return date we have heard for him.

« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2011, 04:43:19 PM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 163
  • Green 18!
Another Shaq return date. Whhheeeeeeeeee...  ::)