Author Topic: Wallace is NOT HAPPY about not starting  (Read 19441 times)

Re: Wallace is NOT HAPPY about not starting
« Reply #90 on: November 07, 2013, 06:12:04 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Crawford is TERRIBLE.  You could see all night that he was looking only at his defender, to attack and dish if he had to after attacking.  No directing an offense, it was 90's ISO ball with him.

At least Bradley tries to actually be a PG; he's just not a good passer, and great off the ball.  I'd say that's more tolerable than the Crawford Show, even though Crawford is a more skilled ball handler and passer.  His problem is wanting to be like Mike a bit too much, when he'd be better off trying to be Gary Payton.

I disagree and call BS on this one.   Unless we are in Bizarro world where  everything is the opposite of our world this is not true.   Maybe we are not watching the same games, friend? 

Bradley is wretched at PG,  maybe you didn't see the game he won for the other team?   Let me refresh it for you, had had three fourth quarter TO's in a row down the stretch that cost us a game.   I love his D and his shot has improved but he is simply not a PG.  AB is a worse PG than Crawford and it's not close.   

Bradley 13 assists this year with 17 TO's.   Assist to TO ratio is .76.   3.4 TO a game this year.   That is one sixth of total TO's of the team.

Crawford  15 assists this year with 5 TO's.   Assist to TO ratio is 3.0.  Jordan has 1 TO per game.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/4240/avery-bradley

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/4243/jordan-crawford

These are actual stats, not just opinion.  I am not crazy about Crawford or his attitude.   But he is a better PG whether he is trying or not than AB.  He is also shooting 50% from the field this year and .30% from downtown.  AB is shooting .38% from the field and .08% from downtown.  Once again stats from this year, so it is no wonder than Jordan Crawford is playing folks.   Stevens is a stats and analytics guy.  He doesn't just go with his heart but uses cold logic.   

It's early and a small sample but what we have seen thus far,   JC has arguably out played AB.

« Reply #91 on: November 07, 2013, 06:59:59 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I am not crazy about Crawford or his attitude.   But he is a better PG whether he is trying or not than AB.  He is also shooting 50% from the field this year and 30% from downtown.
He's actually shooting .417 from downtown.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #92 on: November 07, 2013, 07:02:44 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I take it this is a bad time to ask who Mr. Triple Double is?

The player on the roster with the most career triple doubles?

Not an ironic nickname, then?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #93 on: November 07, 2013, 07:04:30 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
By every statistical measure you can think of, Crawford's been a better point guard than Bradley.

Ideally, he'd be doing the Nate Robinson thing for us. Not starting.

Totally meant to make that one post. I am Mr. Double Post.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #94 on: November 07, 2013, 07:06:46 PM »

fitzhickey

Crawford has been outplaying Bradley at the point. Less turnovers and better passing IMO. Better shooting overall. Bradley is there for defense, which he does very well, but simply put the man cannot play point guard effectively.

I just want to see Pressey get some game time.

« Reply #95 on: November 07, 2013, 07:12:13 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
yeah the guard thing
bradley to me is a great guy off the bench on our next championship team call him the bizarro of vinnie johnson
crawford right now is probably our best bet at point, pressey if he can stay in nba is a career backup nothing more, he needs to work on jumper but as far as running team best we have right now
lee showed a bit more, i still have fingers crossed we could play him more, pressey and lee gives you size and speed lee makes up for some of presseys defensive issues
crawford has handle which bradley doesn't bradley will make up for crawford's defense (which shows signs)

side note to brooks YOUR DEFENSE IS A JOKE, you should be the starting sg if you had the scarecrow's help   ;) and some work ethic
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 07:43:58 PM by 2short »