Author Topic: Celtics (29-6) at Bobcats (12-22) 1/6  (Read 86411 times)

Re: Celtics (29-6) at Bobcats (12-22) 1/6
« Reply #420 on: January 07, 2009, 05:31:14 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
so you can take your negative comments and point your finger somewhere else buddy.

Little touchy aren't we? If your going to be overly reactionary and go off on a player while admitting you didn't watch the game then you shouldn't be surprised when someone points out that it's hard to know what happened if you didn't watch.
Yeah, Wallace scored 23 points, but he shot 41%.  Most of his points came at the free throw line, wearas Pierce couldn't buy a free throw.  He also had some fast break points, and scored most easily when Pierce was on the bench in foul trouble.
Pierce did a much better job guarding Wallace then any of the other starters did on their counterparts.  So you look kind of silly for calling Pierce out for last night.

And while we're at it, let me just point out that most of your great scorers play SF or SG, so of course if your going to just look at points in a box score, yeah, you're going to see Pierce;s guy scoring.  But if it takes him shooting 17 shots to score 11 pts (taking free throws out of the equation), I think Doc would take that every day.

Also, that doesn't even take into consideration our team defense breaking down, which has been a problem in this slide.  If Pierce leaves his man to rotate and no one picks up Pierce's man is this Pierce's fault or the fault of the guy who didn't rotate?
You're not going to see that in a box score.
Neither are you going to see the fact that Chandler, while he is technically a SF, scored mostly on Garnett, not Pierce, a fact that was pointed out in all of the New York media.

Number one, I really don't recall you being part of the conversation, but since you have decided to butt in I repeat... My post was surrounding the entire year. That was the only game I hadn't seen every second of this year. I see what is happening out there on the floor and PP is NOT playing the D that he did last year. He seems to have the energy to launch up more shots, which he is definitely hitting well on, but I would rather see the guy take less shots and work harder on shutting his man down.

Not sure where you are coming up with your 17 shots to score 11 points, but that isn't what has been happening all year. You can't herald a guys defense though and label him on here as some great defender, including TA in this comment, when guys are going for their averages every time they come up against him. Ask PP about the last few years and his success against Ron Artest. That is an example of a guy playing great D. His offense is secondary. That is what we need from the captain.