Author Topic: Celtics (7-4) at Jazz (5-6) Game #12 11/9/18  (Read 20506 times)

Re: Celtics (7-4) at Jazz (5-6) Game #12 11/9/18
« Reply #330 on: November 10, 2018, 12:08:25 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
Brown is seriously p---ing me off.  He passed up a transition attack with only Rubio in his way for a Tatum outside shot.

Seriously. I don't understand where people get this idea that he has a solid BBIQ. Him and Rozier are right there with each other as the worst BBIQs on the team. Just a really frustrating player whose ceiling is limited by his lackluster BBIQ.

His BBIQ is fine. Thats a good pass for a wide open corner three that Tatum passed up. That pass is the NBA today, I get that people don't like it but its a play you are gonna see a lot.

I wasn't referring to that. I was referring to that ridiculous early top of the key three and him taking it up straight against Gobert on the block. Two really dumb shots that killed our momentum.

Ya I partially agree. Trying to put it up against Gobert was a dumb one. That guy either block its, or perhaps more importantly just alter everything at the rim. You could see it on a couple big Tatum drives where Scal mentioned it. But I'm okay with that three, it was open and in rythm and at some point down 8 you need to hit some threes. I guarantee you when Smart passes him that ball (i think it was smart) he was expecting a shot. The trailer three is a shot you see alot.

« Reply #331 on: November 10, 2018, 12:08:53 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Wow, guys! Feel proud! You beat a team that:

1) Was missing it's best player;

2) Was on the second night of a back to back of an OT game;

3) Was playing on the back end of a long road trip; and

4) Was playing as the away team.

They act like they just won a playoff series.  ::)
I was waiting for confetti

only used in philly and milwaukee??
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #332 on: November 10, 2018, 12:09:30 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Another error down the stretch - keeping Brown in there and having Morris on the bench. Dumb decision given how much Brown hurt us down the stretch.

::)

« Reply #333 on: November 10, 2018, 12:09:45 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Our interior D is terrible. Al really isn't enough and Baynes never gets off the ground.

« Reply #334 on: November 10, 2018, 12:10:07 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
Another error down the stretch - keeping Brown in there and having Morris on the bench. Dumb decision given how much Brown hurt us down the stretch.

For better or worse Brad tends to stick with guys. Tonight Brown didnt have it, and he probably should have been out earlier, But thats not really the way Brad functions. Some nights that faith is rewarded, some nights its not. Overall tho I don't mind it, I think it pays off long term.

I guess he doesn't want to mess with people's confidence, pulling them out when they're sucking- as long as they are putting the effort in. Wants to give them a chance to get themselves back in it. I've seen him quickly pull out guys who aren't putting in the work on defense though.

Defense to Brad is non-negotiable I think. You need to do that to see the court. But he very rarely yanks a guy simply for missing shots. If he did Smart would never see the floor. Brad has a "play good defense, dont take bad shots and I'll let you play through it" mentality.

« Reply #335 on: November 10, 2018, 12:10:23 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Our interior D is terrible. Al really isn't enough and Baynes never gets off the ground.
If only we drafted a guy known for his interior defence ;)

Hurts to not have Theis either
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #336 on: November 10, 2018, 12:10:25 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Just another example of what could go wrong, will go wrong. I really think we’ve been having some terrible luck. How many games has Gobert gone 5-5 FT?

We are getting everyone best shot and not handling it like a contender should.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #337 on: November 10, 2018, 12:10:50 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Brown is seriously p---ing me off.  He passed up a transition attack with only Rubio in his way for a Tatum outside shot.

Seriously. I don't understand where people get this idea that he has a solid BBIQ. Him and Rozier are right there with each other as the worst BBIQs on the team. Just a really frustrating player whose ceiling is limited by his lackluster BBIQ.

His BBIQ is fine. Thats a good pass for a wide open corner three that Tatum passed up. That pass is the NBA today, I get that people don't like it but its a play you are gonna see a lot.

I wasn't referring to that. I was referring to that ridiculous early top of the key three and him taking it up straight against Gobert on the block. Two really dumb shots that killed our momentum.

Ya I partially agree. Trying to put it up against Gobert was a dumb one. That guy either block its, or perhaps more importantly just alter everything at the rim. You could see it on a couple big Tatum drives where Scal mentioned it. But I'm okay with that three, it was open and in rythm and at some point down 8 you need to hit some threes. I guarantee you when Smart passes him that ball (i think it was smart) he was expecting a shot. The trailer three is a shot you see alot.

he plays Chess and played at Cal..... that is what led to the tag.

« Reply #338 on: November 10, 2018, 12:11:38 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361

Maybe he heard all of us here screaming for them to TAKE IT TO THE RIM!!!  ;D
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #339 on: November 10, 2018, 12:11:43 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

Robert Williams would've been perfect in this game...

« Reply #340 on: November 10, 2018, 12:12:12 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550

yeah if we are going to drop a bunch of games and not care about playoff seeding (which is where we are headed if this contunues)  play RW3 and let him learn and be ready for playoffs.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #341 on: November 10, 2018, 12:14:06 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo

he plays Chess and played at Cal..... that is what led to the tag.

I think if anything that leads to the false idea that he has a low basketball IQ. "Book smart, basketabll dumb" is a label a lot of guys get stuck with. Again, I have no problem in general with Brown's basketball IQ or decsion making. Dude just needs to make shots. Thats the case with all our guys. Nobody cares about Tatums shot selection if he shoots 45-50% from mid range. Rozier looks awesome when he knocks down his off the dribble threes. That trailer three is a great shot when Brown hits it. Guys need to start putting it through the hoop.

« Reply #342 on: November 10, 2018, 12:42:59 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Brown and Rozier were trending toward elite status (especially in one's own mind at 22-23 y/o) when they lost to the GOHRG, and were promptly demoted with two returning all-stars with 20m+ contracts.  It'd be odd if they weren't struggling, and not a concern that they are...   
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #343 on: November 10, 2018, 12:43:36 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Brown and Rozier were trending toward elite status (especially in one's own mind at 22-23 y/o) when they lost to the GOHRG, and were promptly demoted with two returning all-stars with 20m+ contracts.  It'd be odd if they weren't struggling, and not a concern that they are...   
GOHRG?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #344 on: November 10, 2018, 01:04:42 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
GOHRG?

Greatest of his respective generation.  Just spitballin here, gouks.   :)
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC