Poll

?

Yes
4 (33.3%)
No
8 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: If the nets become worse with Kyrie, does Ainge get vindicated?  (Read 3182 times)

Re: If the nets become worse with Kyrie, does Ainge get vindicated?
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2019, 07:42:20 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
We already know how the Cs are with him so it doesn't really matter if he goes on to make the Nets worse. By signing him to a max contract, his value would have remained similar to what it is now and we would have been able to trade him for a significant return had we remained stagnant - which we wouldn't have if we added AD. And, while that assumed improvement should be more attributed to AD than Kyrie, Kyrie still gets to reap the benefits of being a 'leader' on a successful team.

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2019, 07:45:28 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
No because Ainge and the Celtics wanted to resign him.

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2019, 07:50:06 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
i enjoyed watching Kyrie alot , he is entertaining player. His skill set is top guard level.  But his mental makeup is all over the place.  If he had Kenny Smiths attitude , he d be one of th best guards ever.

Ruined by Lebron who taught him how to be a diva

Im glade he traded broke IT for Kyrie . Great timing  catching Cavs in a bad spot.  Letting Davis go was another matter.

I have my doubts Ainge just let him go.  I have a suspicion the stars just weren’t aligning ie...Davis and clutch definately not resigning, kyrie looking around.  If you don’t have those two solidified, you take a big gamble on your future.  Also, Pelicans would be a fool to not take the haul the lakers gave them.  NO may end up with a championship in 5 years or less

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2019, 07:51:15 AM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Kyrie will be the good Kyrie in year 1. I expect in year 2 when again they don’t come close to winning the real Kyrie will show up. Kyrie is the biggest fraud in sports period. I just wish Ainge did more homework on this clown before trading for him. Talent isn’t everything in sports especially when the player is as selfish and narcissistic as Kyrie. 

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2019, 07:58:36 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Would make no sense for them to be worse with a All-NBA 2nd team player on their roster.

How much sense did it make when we were worse this year after adding kyrie to the Celtics roster?
he was on the team last year.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2019, 10:21:24 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
By vindicated I  would mean he dodged a long term bullet by committing to kyrie, and that kyrie is fools gold living off of one big shot  from a few years ago

I refuse to answer yes or no.  If you loved Cryee-ball so much, re-watch the season on NBA-TV.  Whatever last year was it was not Celtic basketball. 

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2019, 10:31:35 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Of course they will be better, but who cares?

Irving is the prototypical trap player: good enough to win you games, not good enough to win you anything in the post season. He should play for the Knicks or Hawks, they would love him there.
You mean the guy that averaged 25.2 points, 4.7 assists, 3 rebounds and 1.7 steals while shooting 47.5/44/87.5 in the playoffs in 2015-16, averaged 27/4/4 in the Finals and became a world champion while hitting the Finals clinching last second shot isn't a guy that helps you win playoff games?

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2019, 10:33:19 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
No because Ainge and the Celtics wanted to resign him.

Stop using logic, please.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2019, 03:28:18 PM »

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 16
The Celtics were not worse last season when Kyrie played 60 games and they got the one seed. Kyrie also played during that 16 game winning streak that year. You know who didn’t play during the winning streak? Gordon Hayward...

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2019, 03:43:39 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Would make no sense for them to be worse with a All-NBA 2nd team player on their roster.

How much sense did it make when we were worse this year after adding kyrie to the Celtics roster?
he was on the team last year.
you're gonna act like rozier didn't play a huge chunk (most) of games? We didn't play better without kyrie? How far in the playoffs did kyrie get the Celtics? How far did we get without kyrie year before?

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2019, 03:48:57 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
The 2017-2018 Celtics never played a team half as good as the Bucks in the playoffs. I don't think you can look at how far a team got and judge how good it is based on that.

Same thing as the W/L record without Kyrie this year when he rested mostly versus tanking teams at convenient scheduling moment.s