Author Topic: Report: Lakers concerned about Lebrons health  (Read 7808 times)

Re: Report: Lakers concerned about Lebrons health
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2019, 10:34:16 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1617
  • What a Pub Should Be
I don't know if Lebron's been using PEDs or not.  Won't speak to that although it certainly wouldn't be shocking.  I think you'd be naive to think otherwise.

All I know is that he's has a ton of tread on those tires now.  45K + career minutes played and that's just the regular season.  Not even factoring in postseason and Olympic playing. I don't care who you are or how strong you are; at some point that starts to catch up with you.   Wouldn't be surprising to see more tweaks hitting Lebron as we move forward.  It happens.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2019, 11:45:50 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I don't know if Lebron's been using PEDs or not.  Won't speak to that although it certainly wouldn't be shocking.  I think you'd be naive to think otherwise.

All I know is that he's has a ton of tread on those tires now.  45K + career minutes played and that's just the regular season.  Not even factoring in postseason and Olympic playing. I don't care who you are or how strong you are; at some point that starts to catch up with you.   Wouldn't be surprising to see more tweaks hitting Lebron as we move forward.  It happens.

TP for putting this discussion back on track!

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2019, 11:53:45 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
And yet only ONE poster responded to JohnnyGreen's Tom Brady post.

I love Tom Brady, but dude is going on 42 and is talking (unapologetically) about playing several more years.

Folks here make assumptions about LeBron James' physical characteristics and it's accepted as the norm.

LeBron James' body is ALREADY breaking down, somewhat - this injury he had has taken him out the most games of his career. He is 34.

These threads pop up around here on the regular and no one challenges them. I'm not afraid (and never will be) of challenging this stuff unless I see proof.

Let's talk about Brady.

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2019, 11:59:07 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

I love Tom Brady, but dude is going on 42 and is talking (unapologetically) about playing several more years.

Folks here make assumptions about LeBron James' physical characteristics and it's accepted as the norm.

LeBron James' body is ALREADY breaking down, somewhat - this injury he had has taken him out the most games of his career. He is 34.

These threads pop up around here on the regular and no one challenges them. I'm not afraid (and never will be) of challenging this stuff unless I see proof.

Let's talk about Brady.

Given how the thread is about Lebron & not Brady, let's not.

You wanna talk about Brady, Bonds, Manning, whoever, go start a new thread about them.   It's really that simple.

This thread is about Lebron's health.  Hence the title.

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2019, 12:02:40 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Let's talk about Brady.

You wanna talk about Brady, Bonds, Manning, whoever, go start a new thread about them.   It's really that simple.

This thread - from Page One - started digressing into LeBron James' "Alleged" PED use.

With the third post in this thread, it had already started going off the rails.

See for yourself.

I'm getting tired of the double standards in society now.

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2019, 12:12:26 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

And some foolish team gave him max

What a joke

Always nice to see Lakers shoot themselves on the foot

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2019, 12:13:35 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

Let's talk about Brady.

This thread - from Page One - started digressing into LeBron James' "Alleged" PED use.

See for yourself.

The double standard part isn't my concern.

It's the topic of discussion at hand in this thread and keeping it on the rails.  That is Lebron.

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2019, 12:22:02 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Let's talk about Brady.

See for yourself.

It's the topic of discussion at hand in this thread and keeping it on the rails.  That is Lebron.

This thread's been off the rails, though. The Lebron/PED talk is straight up gossip and trying to use it to denigrate Lebron's legacy feels petty.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2019, 12:22:43 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Let's talk about Brady.

See for yourself.

So the assumption is that it's ok to believe that LeBron James is using steriods or PEDs.

As long as it's LeBron - The Boston Celtics' most hated foe over the last 10 years - it's ok.

Got it.

I'll leave the other GOAT out of this from now on.

Don't want to "offend" any N.E. Fans.

I love Tom Brady.

I'd take him at 50. Signed - Diehard Washington Redskins fan.

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2019, 12:27:33 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

Let's talk about Brady.

See for yourself.

So the assumption is that it's ok to believe that LeBron James is using steriods or PEDs.

As long as it's LeBron - The Boston Celtics' most hated foe over the last 10 years - it's ok.

Got it.

I love Tom Brady.

If you want to start a thread on Brady, go ahead. 

If you can't handle the LBJ talk, then ignore the thread. 

« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2019, 12:28:26 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
And as a reminder, let's try to get this thread back on track as much as possible and the topic at hand.

« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2019, 12:46:45 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Let's talk about Brady.

See for yourself.

Got it.

I love Tom Brady.

I can handle it. I'm a Big Boy.

I wonder if other posters can handle my responses, though.

Critical Thought is frowned upon in society nowadays.

« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2019, 12:59:50 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Hopefully, this backfires on them and no one wants to sign with LeBroken!

« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2019, 01:07:33 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

Let's talk about Brady.

See for yourself.

Got it.

I love Tom Brady.

It's really just about trying to stay on topic, just has how we've been moderating this board for well over a decade now.  It's as simple as that.

Acting all sanctimonious about it isn't gonna help your cause. 

Now, enough is enough. 

« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2019, 01:21:15 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Let's talk about Brady.

See for yourself.

Got it.

I love Tom Brady.

It's really just about trying to stay on topic, just has how we've been moderating this board for well over a decade now.  It's as simple as that.

Acting all sanctimonious about it isn't gonna help your cause. 

Now, enough is enough.

I'm not acting sanctimonious, Don.

I got your point, though. I'll leave it alone.