Author Topic: 2015 Boston Red Sox  (Read 38229 times)

Re: 2015 Boston Red Sox
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2015, 07:02:55 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
This team stinks. Just really, really stinks. Keeps finding new and creative ways to lose. Today, they blow a 4-run lead, get two runners thrown out in one inning, and now Koji's blowing it, allowing a bunch of dinks and dunks.

Edit: And two more errors today by Sandoval. That's 2 two-error games for him in the last week.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2015, 07:07:37 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
This team stinks. Just really, really stinks. Keeps finding new and creative ways to lose. Today, they blow a 4-run lead, get two runners thrown out in one inning, and now Koji's blowing it, allowing a bunch of dinks and dunks.

Edit: And two more errors today by Sandoval. That's 2 two-error games for him in the last week.

Koji should of not been brought back.  He was bad last season and I knew his game was going down

Tazawa could of been given the closer role

« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2015, 07:25:42 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
This team is gross.

If there's one thing that stands out about Ben Cherington's teams, it's holding onto players much longer than makes any sense ... Breslow, Bucchholz, Napoli, Victorino, Uehara, and on and on.  The Sox have become the anti-Patriots.

Some of those guys have had their moments, but there just aren't nearly enough players on this roster that the Sox can actually rely on.

More and more I think there needs to be some organization-wide change, not simply firing the manager or the general manager, in order to really fix things.

Also, why did a team that is already so heavily invested in an ancient DH with no ability to play in the field sign -- for lots and lots of money -- two guys in the off-season who should be playing at DH and really drag the team down when they're forced to play in the field? 
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2015, 07:26:27 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

Koji should of not been brought back.  He was bad last season and I knew his game was going down

tazawa sucked when they tried him as closer. but then, so did uehara today so why not?

sandoval had an abysmal game. is this the best $20,000,000 gets you today in baseball? i refuse to refer to sandoval as "panda" since i like pandas. they are cute and fun...and they dont ****ing airmail throws to first base or let balls go through their legs.  >:(

today was a true **** storm of incompetence by the sox. what was wendell thinking waving everyone home? ramirez in LF is a terror. sigh.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2015, 07:29:06 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

tazawa sucked when they tried him as closer. but then, so did uehara today so why not?

sandoval had an abysmal game. is this the best $20,000,000 gets you today in baseball? i refuse to refer to sandoval as "panda" since i like pandas. they are cute and fun...and they dont ****ing airmail throws to first base or let balls go through their legs.  >:(

today was a true **** storm of incompetence by the sox. what was wendell thinking waving everyone home? ramirez in LF is a terror. sigh.

are you joking about wendell? I thought that was their old coach from like 5 years ago they called windmill wendell. They probably do need to fire their manager at this point. Castillo could be one of the worst signings in the history of baseball.

« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2015, 07:32:27 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Guys the Sox can count on (maybe) moving forward -

Bogaerts
Betts
Pedroia
Vasquez / Swihart
Castillo
Porcello (though he's super overpaid)
Eduardo Rodriguez (unless he's a flash in the pan)

Hanley should be playing DH.  Full stop.  They can't trade Ortiz, so they should platoon them or something.  Hanley should not be playing in the field anymore.  End of story.

Napoli, Sandoval, Victorino, Buccholz, Bradley Jr. .... Get what you can for them as far as I'm concerned.

The Sox aren't going to be great anytime soon.  The answer is clearly not coming via trade or free agency.  Use the rest of this season to figure out who among the aforementioned guys they can truly rely on, jettison the rest, and then start slotting in young guys from the minor league system and develop the team patiently.

Also, fire the scouts and stats projections guys and hire new ones, because the current ones have been feeding Ben bad info, clearly.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2015, 07:47:02 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
They're the only team in the division to have no more than ONE three game winning streak, but they're also the only team in the division to not have a 5 game losing streak.  When they're hitting started out okay to begin the season, they couldn't pitch.  Then they fixed the pitching relatively speaking, and all of a sudden couldn't hit.  Finally when it looked like they were starting to get pitching and hitting on somewhat of the same page, they lost their ability to handle basic baseball fundamentals and now can't run the bases or field the ball.

All of that is a way of saying this is just a mediocre to bad baseball team.  At least with the other teams in the division, they sustained some winning baseball for a couple weeks.  This team has yet to do that.  And just think of all the wins they were gifted in the first few weeks with opponents committing all the errors they did...they're now 24-31, but could easily be something like 20-35.  They're actually lucky to be in the position they're in and that's pretty scary.

« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2015, 07:47:30 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
a big move needs to be made soon.

« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2015, 07:50:19 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
I can live with the hitting going off and on.  That's randomness.  I can live with the pitching being bad.  It's tough to find really good pitching, at least if you're the Red Sox.

What seems inexcusable to me is putting a team out there that can't seem to do anything right in the field.  Finding guys who can at least avoid regularly making horrendous mistakes in the field isn't that hard.  The teams that make it farthest in the playoffs seem to especially prioritize having competent defenders with the ability to get on base over having great power hitters.

Yet the Sox have put a bunch of questionable-to-horrible defenders with alleged above average power out there, and most of them can't get on base.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2015, 08:31:59 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

are you joking about wendell? I thought that was their old coach from like 5 years ago they called windmill wendell. They probably do need to fire their manager at this point. Castillo could be one of the worst signings in the history of baseball.
right, right, right...butterfield, not wendell. thanks for catching that. but each of them remind me of the other.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2015, 08:49:40 PM »

• Satch Sanders

Also known as "Send 'em in Kim" (his full name was Wendell Kim).  ;D
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2015, 09:37:00 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76

FYI...He passed away in Feb. 
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2015, 10:40:59 AM »

• Satch Sanders

FYI...He passed away in Feb.

I do remember hearing about that. He was only 64.

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2015, 08:42:42 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Ugh, when are they gonna clean house already?

Keep Pedroia and anybody else under 28 and get rid of the rest, for all I care. 

On the management side, get rid of everybody you can below Lucchino, and tell Lucchino to stick to the business side of things.

It's going to take a long time to get rid of the rot that is eating away at this organization.  Hopefully we don't have to wait for a new owner.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2015, 09:47:32 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
That was the most embarrassing double-header I can remember, for sure.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes