CelticsStrong > Using CelticsStrong

So, erm, what's the deal with advertising in some posters signature?

(1/2) > >>

trickybilly:
Is it possible to turn off? I really don't want to have to block those posters. (they is good posters...)

gouki88:
Is it poster specific? I thought it was just a function of the site that some random posts would have advertising in them?

I know that I've seen ads in my signature, but I had nothing to do with it

jambr380:
Unless, it is a very specific poster, I was under the same impression that gouki was. I remember byennie said that for the banner at the top to remain only at the top (instead of scrolling with the page), there would have to be other spots for advertisements in and around the screen. After seeing a few ads in the middle of threads, I assumed that is what he meant (and I am totally fine with it - the scrolling ad was rough).

LarBrd33:

--- Quote from: jambr380 on January 10, 2019, 09:00:48 AM ---Unless, it is a very specific poster, I was under the same impression that gouki was. I remember byennie said that for the banner at the top to remain only at the top (instead of scrolling with the page), there would have to be other spots for advertisements in and around the screen. After seeing a few ads in the middle of threads, I assumed that is what he meant (and I am totally fine with it - the scrolling ad was rough).

--- End quote ---
Yeah he's definitely just talking about ads appearing in signatures as part of the website's monetization.  Example:

When I went to a thread, in Greenwarrior's signature there was some ad appearing for a software company near where I live... it's a specific targeted ad to me based on my cookies.  I have done freelance video work for that company.

Normally, I'd say just enable an ad blocker like a normal person, but given byennie probably has to operate this website at a bit of an expense, maybe just leave em on?  Lol  I don't know... your call.

rondofan1255:
I use ad blockers on my laptop

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version