Author Topic: NBA Season 2018 - 2019  (Read 204660 times)

Re: NBA Season 2018 - 2019
« Reply #825 on: December 25, 2018, 11:15:05 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 995
Lakers killing the Warriors.

They look really good.
The Lakers are starting to look nice, but GS does not look fantastic

What's going on in GS? Just coasting I'd imagine?
I think it’s a mix of coasting, lack of depth and chemistry issues

Three years ago they broke the 72-10 record with a 73-9 season. Now they're 23-12 and it's just December. Perhaps a locker room problem?

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #826 on: December 25, 2018, 11:36:49 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Jae Crowder looks like he back to his peak-Celtics form. Quin Snyder is such a good coach.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #827 on: December 25, 2018, 11:44:25 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

They look really good.

Three years ago they broke the 72-10 record with a 73-9 season. Now they're 23-12 and it's just December. Perhaps a locker room problem?

Draymond Green seemingly forget how to shoot, and at times it seems like they are playing 3 on 5 on offense.   Their depth doesn’t seem like it used to be either.

« Reply #828 on: December 25, 2018, 11:58:11 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

They look really good.

I think it has more to do with a perennial finals team deciding to coast during the regular season. The KG era Celtics did this after the 2008 title. It takes a lot of energy to maintain the defensive effort and focus needed to be a top seed for 82 games. When a team has nothing to prove they just coast and do just enough to have a mid-tier playoff spot so that they can turn it on in May.

Giving up 127 points to the Lakers is a clear sign of lack of effort for a team that has been a top level defensive team during their championship reign.

« Reply #829 on: December 26, 2018, 01:43:23 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136

They look really good.

Draymond Green seemingly forget how to shoot, and at times it seems like they are playing 3 on 5 on offense.   Their depth doesn’t seem like it used to be either.

Draymond is the definition of OVERRATED!!!
Nothing in his game thrills me, he is a jack of all trades master of none fellow...The team that signs him to a max contract is going to regret it full time..I hope the Warriors will be forced to extend him long term...HA!!

Durant will be gone after this season and its almost written in stone...whether they win gain or not...(leaning towards they don't make it out of the West, just a very tough conference to be in.)

« Reply #830 on: December 26, 2018, 01:47:46 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136

They look really good.

I think it has more to do with a perennial finals team deciding to coast during the regular season. The KG era Celtics did this after the 2008 title. It takes a lot of energy to maintain the defensive effort and focus needed to be a top seed for 82 games. When a team has nothing to prove they just coast and do just enough to have a mid-tier playoff spot so that they can turn it on in May.

Giving up 127 points to the Lakers is a clear sign of lack of effort for a team that has been a top level defensive team during their championship reign.

Coasting teams crank it up occasionally during national games and just go through the motions in normal or games against sub 500 teams.
The Dubs may be just coasting at this point, but some times the way they lose and its not even competitive..they look like they completely give up.

It will be extra tough to win for them this yr specially with a lot of the melodrama happening behind the scenes.

« Reply #831 on: December 26, 2018, 05:04:02 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text

They look really good.

Coasting teams crank it up occasionally during national games and just go through the motions in normal or games against sub 500 teams.
The Dubs may be just coasting at this point, but some times the way they lose and its not even competitive..they look like they completely give up.

It will be extra tough to win for them this yr specially with a lot of the melodrama happening behind the scenes.

Similar things were said about the Lakers of the 2011-12 season. That when they turn it on ain't nobody beating them 4 times. Then they got swept by the Mavs.
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #832 on: December 26, 2018, 06:34:29 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Game of zones is back! 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdr_lE0nzWE

This was better than the game itself! I missed game of zones!

TP for posting this.

Fantastic episode again. We want more!

« Reply #833 on: December 27, 2018, 02:04:15 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
We have a thread talking about Jeff Green - while we're speaking of ex-Celts - how about Rondo. Dude looks spry and as great as ever...

I don't mind having him back next year as a Rozier replacement.
I was praying Danny would find a way to get him back.

The Lakers are much more fun to watch when it’s Rondo running the show and not James.

He's pretty much the reason I'm watching the Lakers this season.

And he got hurt again  :o

Add Rajon Rondo to the injured list. He is out with a Grade 3 sprain in his right ring finger. He will not travel to Sacramento, the Lakers say.

https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/1078123250364833792?s=21

« Reply #834 on: December 27, 2018, 05:10:25 AM »

Offline 10610786d

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 27
We have a thread talking about Jeff Green - while we're speaking of ex-Celts - how about Rondo. Dude looks spry and as great as ever...

I don't mind having him back next year as a Rozier replacement.
I was praying Danny would find a way to get him back.

The Lakers are much more fun to watch when it’s Rondo running the show and not James.

He's pretty much the reason I'm watching the Lakers this season.

And he got hurt again  :o

Add Rajon Rondo to the injured list. He is out with a Grade 3 sprain in his right ring finger. He will not travel to Sacramento, the Lakers say.

https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/1078123250364833792?s=21

Was about to say...guy looks more durable than before - bigger, has a jumper, and seems to know how to fall better. But I guess not...

« Reply #835 on: December 28, 2018, 08:51:56 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Magic destroying Raptors by 30 after 3 quarters.

Raptors human.

« Reply #836 on: December 28, 2018, 09:03:46 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Raptors human.

I mean even the Celtics beat them. ;)

« Reply #837 on: December 28, 2018, 11:00:04 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I'm not sure if we have a Nader Watch thread, but he's playing for OKC in a real dust-up with Phoenix right now.   ;D
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #838 on: December 28, 2018, 11:12:53 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

Raptors human.

I mean even the Celtics beat them. ;)

In defense of Celtics ,  i think the league is coming after Boston now as being one of the teams to beat .   Celtics are getting the best game from every team now.  The Celtics are the team with Kyrie and Hayward and expected to win.  When your #1 everybody wants you .  I think the raptor s with Kawhi are going to get this treatment too .  Same as Celtics .

« Reply #839 on: December 28, 2018, 11:24:15 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
To shed light on the "superstar" conversation that's always being had, Anthony Davis went for 48 points, 17 boards, 4 assists, 2 steals, and 2 blocks (with 1 turnover) on 63% shooting tonight. 

And he puts up similar lines several times throughout the course of a season, year in and year out. 

That's a superstar.   
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC