Author Topic: NBA Season 2018 - 2019  (Read 204528 times)

Re: NBA Season 2018 - 2019
« Reply #615 on: December 07, 2018, 04:19:51 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Houston have some serious problems now.

They need to swing a pretty drastic trade.

Short of buyouts what they can do? Also Paul is not looking good

I thought this was how Paul was going to look last year but he had a crazy good year and defied what I thought would be the start of fast slide. He some how pulled out a truly great year. It was a contract year so maybe that had something to do with it. Contract years can be deceiving. Small guards like Chris Paul tend to be on there way down in there early 30's and Paul is now 33.

I think CP3 is getting frustrated having to watch Harden so much, and now that they are going through a hard spell he is doubly disengaged.

Houston are taking the most 3's in the league, and are shooting at a low clip (23rd in the league).

Anderson not being there is killing them. They need another one shooter at least.

Not sure which shooters are available at the moment though.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #616 on: December 07, 2018, 12:24:48 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Suns have scored 9 points in the first quarter of consecutive games

:o :-[ :'(

« Reply #617 on: December 07, 2018, 12:39:14 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

I thought this was how Paul was going to look last year but he had a crazy good year and defied what I thought would be the start of fast slide. He some how pulled out a truly great year. It was a contract year so maybe that had something to do with it. Contract years can be deceiving. Small guards like Chris Paul tend to be on there way down in there early 30's and Paul is now 33.

I think CP3 is getting frustrated having to watch Harden so much, and now that they are going through a hard spell he is doubly disengaged.

Houston are taking the most 3's in the league, and are shooting at a low clip (23rd in the league).

Anderson not being there is killing them. They need another one shooter at least.

Houston desperately misses the contributions they got from Ariza and LRMAM. It's particularly glaring on the defensive side of the ball. Neither were 'lights out' three point shooters, but both were capable, and Ariza consistently took a high volume of threes and maintained a solid percentage. Ariza was also a sort of 'iron man', hardly ever missing a game and typically being in the top 5 in the league in minutes played.

Houston probably made a mistake in letting them go, although lux tax concerns did play a part.

« Reply #618 on: December 07, 2018, 01:40:39 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

Houston desperately misses the contributions they got from Ariza and LRMAM. It's particularly glaring on the defensive side of the ball. Neither were 'lights out' three point shooters, but both were capable, and Ariza consistently took a high volume of threes and maintained a solid percentage. Ariza was also a sort of 'iron man', hardly ever missing a game and typically being in the top 5 in the league in minutes played.

Houston probably made a mistake in letting them go, although lux tax concerns did play a part.

can houston resign him if he does a buyout?  Seeing him in Phoenix is one of this year's strangest sights to behold...

« Reply #619 on: December 07, 2018, 05:08:51 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

can houston resign him if he does a buyout?  Seeing him in Phoenix is one of this year's strangest sights to behold...
He was a free agent so they should be able to but he'll draw a lot of interest. 

« Reply #620 on: December 07, 2018, 09:45:27 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Wow, Lebron with 24, 7 and 8 ....at the half

« Reply #621 on: December 07, 2018, 10:03:07 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Nets just beat Raptors. Sweet.

« Reply #622 on: December 07, 2018, 10:03:22 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
nets beat raptors in OT

« Reply #623 on: December 07, 2018, 10:37:33 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941

Pains me deeply to say, but Lebron has transformed the Lakers who have been in stuck in a rut since Kobe retired. He is averaging more then his career average in points and rebounds and is inspiring those around him.  If they sign another max like Durant or Leonard or trade for Davis, they are on the cusp of finals trips. He truly is a force of nature.

« Reply #624 on: December 07, 2018, 10:42:25 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 995

Pains me deeply to say, but Lebron has transformed the Lakers who have been in stuck in a rut since Kobe retired. He is averaging more then his career average in points and rebounds and is inspiring those around him.  If they sign another max like Durant or Leonard or trade for Davis, they are on the cusp of finals trips. He truly is a force of nature.

Yup. I feared this would happen when he signed with the Lakers. His talent and inspiring his roster. And the space to sign another max contract player.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #625 on: December 07, 2018, 10:46:13 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941

Yup. I feared this would happen when he signed with the Lakers. His talent and inspiring his roster. And the space to sign another max contract player.

How great though to imagine Celtics vs Lakers, Kyrie vs Lebron in a few finals?! Would be epic!!

« Reply #626 on: December 07, 2018, 11:05:32 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 995

How great though to imagine Celtics vs Lakers, Kyrie vs Lebron in a few finals?! Would be epic!!

I want some payback for 2010. And got to build spaces away from their championship counts.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #627 on: December 08, 2018, 12:03:14 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Millsap broken toe

Another injury plagued season

« Reply #628 on: December 08, 2018, 12:04:22 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

imagine how many people would watch it. So many storylines too. Historic Lakers vs Celtics, kyrie vs lebron, lebron vs Celtics playoff history, brown vs Ingram (draft position), Tatum vs ball (draft position), 

« Reply #629 on: December 08, 2018, 01:43:15 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Wow....

The Western conference is a frenetic conference to be in.. Only 3.5 games separate the 4th seed from the 14th seed.
A 2 or even 3 game slump and you'd be looking out of the playoff race... Its still early but I do not really expect the separation to expand as teams are all as competitive with each other.. Even the Warriors are lookin vulnerable in the regular season at least.