Author Topic: NBA Season 2018 - 2019  (Read 216938 times)

Re: NBA Season 2018 - 2019
« Reply #915 on: January 04, 2019, 01:06:21 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
The Rockets play the ugliest brand of basketball imaginable.

It's like watching a game of horse.

It really is terrible. All it is is iso three after iso three.

« Reply #916 on: January 04, 2019, 01:08:47 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
The Rockets play the ugliest brand of basketball imaginable.

It's like watching a game of horse.

It really is terrible. All it is is iso three after iso three.

...and a ton of free throws...

« Reply #917 on: January 04, 2019, 01:10:34 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Durant clearly out of bounds and it's not called, crazy....

« Reply #918 on: January 04, 2019, 01:11:45 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
Omg, NBA officiating is such a freaking joke. Durant is legitimately a full foot out of bounds with both feet on that save with no call lol So ridiculous.

Lol but somehow Harden just willed that ball into the basket for the win. Basketball gods punishing the Warriors for benefitting from officiating incompetence!

« Reply #919 on: January 04, 2019, 01:12:47 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Omg, NBA officiating is such a freaking joke. Durant is legitimately a full foot out of bounds with both feet on that save with no call lol So ridiculous.

Lol but somehow Harden just willed that ball into the basket for the win. Basketball gods punishing the Warriors for benefitting from officiating incompetence!

I think Harden just won the MVP!

« Reply #920 on: January 04, 2019, 01:24:49 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Harden > Durant

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #921 on: January 04, 2019, 01:31:49 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Harden > Durant

Clutch. Capela had an enormous game too. Warriors are definitely beatable.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #922 on: January 04, 2019, 11:11:15 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Hardens gonna win another MVP.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #923 on: January 04, 2019, 11:15:27 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Hardens gonna win another MVP.

Right now it comes down to Harden and Giannis IMO.  Kawhi has a chance if the Raptors finish with the best record in the NBA.  The problem is that he has too many DNP's so far. 

« Reply #924 on: January 04, 2019, 11:16:41 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Embiid has 30pts/14rebs in the 1st half against the Suns.  14 of 16 from the line.  Playing against Ayton and the Suns does a stat line good!! 

In their win against the Clips, Embiid became the fastest Sixer to reach 3000 pts at the start of their career doing so in 130 games.

does that include the three or so years he spent on the bench? This is like giving Simmons rookie of the year in his second year.
That's nonsense.  This is actual games played.  The same for everyone.  It is actually more impressive since it includes all the games where they were limiting his minutes.

Meh, its in essence the same as Simmons being ROY mr Sixers fan.
Only to the utterly clueless.  The more I'm on here the more I question my sanity in being a Celtics fan.
Wait one moment....you're a Celtic fan? Not trying to question your fanhood. I always just assumed you were a polite Sixers fan that happened to like the site. Really did.
Well you assumed wrong.  As I've stated a number of times, I've been a Celtics fan since the Bird era.   I've also stated a number of time that I'm a big Embiid fan which is why I follow the Sixers.  Did you actually miss all my non-Sixers related posts on here?  Did you miss that I use "we" when referring to the Celtics?  Did you miss my lack of posts bashing the Celtics?  Do you honestly think a Sixers fan would make 4000+ posts on a Celtics forum?  The level of conversation on here just isn't that good.
Sorry my man, nope, never noticed the pro Celtics stuff. Really only ever noticed your pro Sixer stuff. And over the years we have had a lot of posters that are fans of other teams and stay. Yes, many are fans of the Cs and other teams teams too. I remember this huge Laker fan who posted here for some time between 2008 and 2010. Nice guy and racked up a ton of posts.

I just never noticed you ever saying anything good about the Celtics and yet saw you defended the Sixers at every turn. So yeah, I just assumed you to be a Sixer fan. Sorry.

Yeah, he insisted he was a couple of times. I’m a believer that actions speak louder than words. I mean couldn’t I just join Liberty Ballers and talk only about the Celtics while saying I only do so because I really like Irving? Since he finds the level of conversation here “not that good” and he questions his “sanity” in even being this alleged C’s fan, why not just seek shelter in the aforementioned Sixers forum? I’m sure the 99% of his 4000 posts where, you know, he seems to be discussing the team he “doesn’t like” (cough, cough) would be really well received there.
you know you can actually look this stuff up. 

https://forum.celticsstrong.com/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=55506

very little about the Sixers in there.  Not all the other stuff is about the Celtics, but certainly a fair amount of Celtics related posts. 

Just because you only stalk him in the Sixers threads, doesn't mean he doesn't post in the other ones.

I've used that function before. Don't you remember I used it to point out that you hadn't said anything remotely positive about the C's in over a month? So considering how you and Tazz enjoy drooling over other teams, it's not in the least bit surprising that you would run to his defense. Birds of a feather...

« Reply #925 on: January 04, 2019, 11:57:26 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
Embiid has 30pts/14rebs in the 1st half against the Suns.  14 of 16 from the line.  Playing against Ayton and the Suns does a stat line good!! 

In their win against the Clips, Embiid became the fastest Sixer to reach 3000 pts at the start of their career doing so in 130 games.

does that include the three or so years he spent on the bench? This is like giving Simmons rookie of the year in his second year.
That's nonsense.  This is actual games played.  The same for everyone.  It is actually more impressive since it includes all the games where they were limiting his minutes.

Only to the utterly clueless.  The more I'm on here the more I question my sanity in being a Celtics fan.
Wait one moment....you're a Celtic fan? Not trying to question your fanhood. I always just assumed you were a polite Sixers fan that happened to like the site. Really did.
Well you assumed wrong.  As I've stated a number of times, I've been a Celtics fan since the Bird era.   I've also stated a number of time that I'm a big Embiid fan which is why I follow the Sixers.  Did you actually miss all my non-Sixers related posts on here?  Did you miss that I use "we" when referring to the Celtics?  Did you miss my lack of posts bashing the Celtics?  Do you honestly think a Sixers fan would make 4000+ posts on a Celtics forum?  The level of conversation on here just isn't that good.
Sorry my man, nope, never noticed the pro Celtics stuff. Really only ever noticed your pro Sixer stuff. And over the years we have had a lot of posters that are fans of other teams and stay. Yes, many are fans of the Cs and other teams teams too. I remember this huge Laker fan who posted here for some time between 2008 and 2010. Nice guy and racked up a ton of posts.

I just never noticed you ever saying anything good about the Celtics and yet saw you defended the Sixers at every turn. So yeah, I just assumed you to be a Sixer fan. Sorry.
No problem.  I enjoy your posts and your politeness too. 

« Reply #926 on: January 04, 2019, 12:03:57 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551

Yeah, he insisted he was a couple of times. I’m a believer that actions speak louder than words. I mean couldn’t I just join Liberty Ballers and talk only about the Celtics while saying I only do so because I really like Irving? Since he finds the level of conversation here “not that good” and he questions his “sanity” in even being this alleged C’s fan, why not just seek shelter in the aforementioned Sixers forum? I’m sure the 99% of his 4000 posts where, you know, he seems to be discussing the team he “doesn’t like” (cough, cough) would be really well received there.
you know you can actually look this stuff up. 

https://forum.celticsstrong.com/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=55506

very little about the Sixers in there.  Not all the other stuff is about the Celtics, but certainly a fair amount of Celtics related posts. 

Just because you only stalk him in the Sixers threads, doesn't mean he doesn't post in the other ones.

I've used that function before. Don't you remember I used it to point out that you hadn't said anything remotely positive about the C's in over a month? So considering how you and Tazz enjoy drooling over other teams, it's not in the least bit surprising that you would run to his defense. Birds of a feather...
With the good comes the bad.  The site would be oh so much better if I could just filter out a couple posters. 

« Reply #927 on: January 04, 2019, 03:09:45 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
On TV, I only heard the Traitor chant during Kawhi FTs and then loud boos every time he touched the ball, but people at the game have posted online that other chants included Quitter and Uncle Dennis.

;D

Amusing playoff atmosphere

« Reply #928 on: January 04, 2019, 10:25:19 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Kris Dunn putting on a show
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #929 on: January 04, 2019, 10:31:49 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526
Looks like crazy game in Chicago.  Bulls just tied it again at the buzzer.  Going to double OT

EDIT: I guess they didn't count the buzzer-beater.  Indy wins.